slo’s WEDNESDAY 5/22 poll - Pickleball 🏓

Pickleball - Do you play? And if yes, how often? (m.c.)

• Yes - I actively play

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Yes - I have played

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • No - I don’t play, but would like to

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • No - I don’t play, and have no desire to

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • No - I don’t play - I’ve never heard of this

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I belong to a league

• I play once a month or more

• I play once in awhile - no set schedule

• I play rarely

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Is Pickleball all the rage by you? It is here - so many people play it, especially people over 50 years old. I manage a Chiropractor’s office and the amount of people that come in due to Pickleball injuries is a lot - it’s starting to get close to the amount of golfers that come in with their injuries. So I’m wondering today….

Have you played Pickleball?
If yes….do you actively play, or just once in awhile?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I have never played, but I really really want too. My DD20 would love to play with me, but she’s only home for 2 months before she goes back to school. Maybe I can get my DH to try it. I have some mom friends that I may ask too. It looks like a blast and it’s good exercise.

IMG_1709.jpeg

It's been popular here for awhile and still growing.
I have watched it, but no desire to play.

Reactions: GAN
I've never played, but would like to try it if the opportunity presents itself.

My aunt plays a lot (in Florida) but I haven't noticed it being popular around here.

• Love
Reactions: GAN
Is Pickleball all the rage by you? It is here - so many people play it, especially people over 50 years old. I manage a Chiropractor’s office and the amount of people that come in due to Pickleball injuries is a lot - it’s starting to get close to the amount of golfers that come in with their injuries. So I’m wondering today….

Have you played Pickleball?
If yes….do you actively play, or just once in awhile?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I have never played, but I really really want too. My DD20 would love to play with me, but she’s only home for 2 months before she goes back to school. Maybe I can get my DH to try it. I have some mom friends that I may ask too. It looks like a blast and it’s good exercise.

View attachment 862051
I love that you manage a chiropractors office ....what a charge the game has put into doctors offices everywhere 😂! I love the game and think you probably would as well. It's a great mix of "easy enough to get started" and quick action ...lots of fun and a great workout -give it a try! So I'll set the story ...we have a family get together and BIL comes over in a cast(torn calf muscle), two weeks later his wife ends up with a cast on her arm(broken wrist), a month later my sneaker sticks to the pavement and wind up with a broken(then infected) toenail(my face looked a lot worse but finished the match🤷‍♂️) and am out for the entire summer, the following week my GF says she's going to play even though I can't ...she ends up with a badly strained ACL. Yup ...all pickleball! But we all still love the game. My advice would be to get a good pair of tennis/pickleball sneakers

Yes, it is the rage here. But not without controversy. Park districts are adding pickle ball courts, but converting tennis courts. I have not seen it yet, but the park district just opened an indoor pickle ball court. Not sure what they repurposed to do that.

I have a brother and a sister in law (married to a different brother) who play. They play a couple of times a week.

I know I would love the game as I used to play Paddle ball and tennis all the time.
Can you tell me the difference? What exactly is it? I’m not the least bit athletic but I am a good sport, and will give most things a go at least once, just to say I did.

I live in a place that has over 250 pickleball courts. So yes, it's big where we live.

I tried it but I have some mobility issues so it's not for me.

I have played a few times with my family. I am not very good. Middle DD loves it and plays often with friends—always has her pickleball set in her car.

I don't play, but my sister and her husband are in love with the sport! (which says a lot for my sister because she was never into playing sports and has never loved any sport, ever!) They have been playing for 3 years and enjoy it more every day.

As I told her, I need to try since it is fantastic exercise, but the desire isn't overwhelming. That is exactly how she felt in the beginning, but after playing a couple of times with a friend who coaxed her into gong, she really got into it. IDK :confused3 if I will feel the same, but it really would be nice to love your workouts like she does.

We really would like to start playing, but we don't have the time and don't want to buy into a membership at one of the places with actual courts. I had looked at a home kit to turn your driveway into one, but the size/shape of our driveway isn't a good fit. I recently saw some people using tennis courts in half-court approach to play. We may try that. My parents are lucky...their local parks put in a bunch of true courts and they play all the time.

Have never played, no desire to. I'd fall over taking my first sidestep.

I see it on the news often enough, but do not personally know anyone who fies play. Just saw in the paper that some developer is repurposing a recently shuttered grocery supermarket into a multi indoor court with lots of foo-foo whistles and bells, more of a social gathering place I think.

I've seen so many references to pickleball online, but I haven't seen a game near me. I did see some purpose-made courts in Raleigh when I visited some family.

Our town is converting some more tennis courts into more pickleball courts, upsetting tennis players. My 23 year old plays with her friends often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter