slo’s WEDNESDAY 1/25 poll - Footwear Around The House

What’s on your feet around the house? (M.C.)

• Indoor shoes

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Outdoor shoes

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Indoor or outdoor shoes - either is fine

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Barefoot

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • Barefoot while wearing shoes or slippers

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Socks

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Socks while wearing shoes or slippers

Votes: 22 16.7%
  • Slippers

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • All the above

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters
Barefoot - unless it’s really, really cold, & then I’ll wear fuzzy socks.

I absolutely cannot sleep in socks though. If my feet are cold, I may start out the night in socks, but, at some point, the socks come off.

Everyone in our house (husband, myself, & our 3 kids) are barefooters.

Our shoes come off as soon as we come into the house, & no one is tramping through the house w/ germy outside shoes.

However, I don’t ask visitors to take off their shoes.

I am either socks (winter) or barefoot. My kids all know to take their shoes off immediately when coming in, after nearly 29 years I cannot break my husband of the shoes in the house habit. His mother never cared growing up so he just does it. I am constantly mopping and reminding him to switch his shoes for slippers. He just likes shoes, like a weirdo :rotfl2:

Ever since I had plantar fasciitis my doctor recommended Crocs for around the house. I tended to either just be barefoot or just socks. It’s been a few years and I’ve stuck with the crocs. I don’t wear them outside though (well maybe just out in my deck).

It was always barefoot until I my last bout with cellulitis and I was warned, as long as I continued to go barefoot, this would keep happening. So...it's hard bottomed slippers..usually with socks.

I wear slippers in my house year round. They are my favorite Haflinger boiled wool clogs. At my DD's house I have a pair of indoor shoes I keep over there. Not comfortable barefoot any more, socks alone too slippery on the wood floors.

When I'm sitting at the computer or on the sofa, barefoot or with socks on. Walking I wear my slippers with a sole because I have plantar fasciitis and it hurts to walk around barefoot.

I live in slippers at home so much so that when I didn't ask for them for Christmas this year from my in-laws my mother-in-law got me ones anyway saying "I assumed you just forgot to put them on there" :rotfl: We just decided that would be our standard item for every year.

I prefer the slippers that have hard soles because I'll wear them to go out to get the mail, put the trash out, get a package from the porch, etc.

But wearing actual shoes isn't entirely uncommon either especially when we're getting ready to leave but still doing stuff around the house or we've just gotten back so no hurry to necessarily remove the shoes.

I wear socks most of the time but in the summer I'm also barefoot at times. Either way I use my slippers regardless.

My husband wears slippers too just not as frequently as I do. Of course I call him a heathen because he's not wearing socks often enough on the couch and I just don't know how he doesn't freeze in the winter.

Usually slippers, often with socks. It started early in the pandemic, when they were saying you could track Covid into the house so it was best to remove shoes at the door. That turned out not to really be a thing, but I've noticed how much cleaner the floors stay when we don't wear outdoor shoes in the house, so we're still generally sticking to it. If I'm going in and out, I'll leave my outdoor shoes on, and I wear shoes if guests are expected (taking off your shoes really isn't a thing here, and I'd feel weird in slippers if my guests were wearing shoes). So definitely not militant about it. Sometimes I go barefoot, but our entire house is laminate wood flooring that manages to feel cold even in the summer.

Barefoot as much as possible or socks, and in colder months, extra thick slipper socks, sometimes shoes. We don’t have different inside/ outside shoes. I don’t mond if people wear shoes in the house

No outdoor shoes in the house, they come off at the door. I tend to wear slippers because that’s more comfortable for me, but I don’t mind being barefoot either. I don’t require guests to take off their shoes, but I do clean the floor after they leave if they don’t take them off.

Socks, mostly. I'll pull on my fuzzy booties instead if it's colder, until the house warms up a bit.
Usually don't bother with putting shoes on to just run across the street and get the mail 🧦

Don't often get guests, but I don't care if shoes are on or off, as long as they scuffle the doormat on the way in.

It really depends on the time of day and how cold it is.

If it is warm, barefoot
If it is cold, socks
In the morning I wear slippers

I am not a fan of anybody wearing outdoor shoes in the house.

If I am home, I am barefoot. Would never ever ever wear outdoor shoes in someone’s house, and no one would ever request to wear outdoor shoes in our home.

Barefoot most of the time, unless I'm really cold, then socks or slippers. If it's really cold, socks and slippers but that doesn't happen often. LOL

Oh and we don't care if anyone wears their outdoor shoes in the house...the floors get vacuumed and cleaned often enough. :confused3

Would never ever ever wear outdoor shoes in someone’s house, and no one would ever request to wear outdoor shoes in our home.
I must admit, and maybe I've been negligent or a bad guest here - but it's never occurred to me to offer to take my shoes off when entering someone's house. Nor have I ever thought that I would need to request that from someone entering my house.

What do those of you who have work being done inside of your home do? Internet/cable people, plumbers, electricians, painters - do you ask them to take off their shoes, and what happens if they are uncomfortable doing so, or have to have them on as a condition of their employer? Or would you offer them those bootie type things in lieu of taking off their shoes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter