slo’s MONDAY 3/20 poll - Sleeping On A Plane

Do you sleep on a plane? (Multiple choice)

• Yes - I sleep on a plane - almost always

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Yes - I sleep on a plane - sometimes

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • No - I do not sleep on a plane

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I doze on and off

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I lightly sleep

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • I moderately sleep

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I’m knocked out - heavily sleep

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • The way I sleep depends on what time the flight is

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • None of the above - I don’t fly

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I doze sometimes when I'm completely exhausted. The plane seats are too uncomfortable to manage more than that.

Once I had three seats all to myself on a flight from Tokyo to Chicago. That was fantastic and I did get some sleep on that flight.

I can doze on and off on a long overnight flight, or sometimes early in the morning. It's not good quality sleep at all though. I think last trip to Europe I probably got around 2-3 hours of broken sleep maybe.

Depends on timing, length, and what class I'm flying. My flight this weekend departed just after midnight and was about 7 hours. And I was in business with a lie-flat seat. I put my seat into a bed as soon as I was allowed and basically got up as we started our descent. Not a full/solid sleep, but pretty good. I've taken that route a few times recently and the FA joked that I'm one of the easiest passengers ever - I don't even need a drink.

I've only slept on a plane once. Midnight flight from Anchorage to Denver? Wide awake. Stuck in the Denver airport for what ended up being 24 hours? Dozed a little for a few minutes, but no actual sleep. Finally got on the next plane? Knocked out right after takeoff and didn't awaken until final descent. That's the only time I've been able to sleep on a plane.

I have great difficulty sleeping on a plane. For this reason I specifically chose a daytime flight instead of an overnight last summer when we flew to the UK. Our flight to Amsterdam in April is overnight, really messes me up without sleep.

Very rarely. If I do it is just dozing on and off and it is either on a red eye flight or a very long one.

I don’t fly a lot, but my two flights to the UK I booked a flat bed seat and slept. It helped that the trip was overnight. I sleep when I am riding in a car so I don’t get motion sick, so that may have helped.

Only in Business/first class to Europe or South America, in the pod seats. At that only for a little bit.

It's easy for me to fall asleep on a plane, so long as it's reasonably quiet. If I recall, I don't sleep too heavily on a plane ,because I try to make sure I'm ready for landing.

If the flight is 4 or more hours or late in the evening, then I take a sleep aid and will fall asleep. It is not a restful sleep but at least the time goes by quick.

I try to sleep if it's a red eye flight and/or the flight is over 4 hours, but I'm usually not successful. When I flew from Tokyo to DC, I did get a row to myself so I was able to lay down and sleep for a bit.

I never did until we decided to take an early flight New Year’s Day from Disney world. We stayed as late as we could at Magic Kingdom (those years is was like 3 AM) and then got back to the resort and got our bags and waited for the magic express. The entire family was asleep before takeoff.

Depends on the time of the flight. Early morning flights I’ll definitely fall asleep. Later flights some times. I don’t have any issues sleeping on the plane and I’m probably one of those people you‘ve walked past out like a light!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter