slo’s MONDAY 3/20 poll - Sleeping On A Plane

Do you sleep on a plane? (Multiple choice)

• Yes - I sleep on a plane - almost always

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Yes - I sleep on a plane - sometimes

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • No - I do not sleep on a plane

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I doze on and off

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I lightly sleep

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • I moderately sleep

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I’m knocked out - heavily sleep

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • The way I sleep depends on what time the flight is

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • None of the above - I don’t fly

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I'll sometimes nod off for a minute or two, but I'm a terrible napper in general, so I don't think I could ever actually sleep

I sometimes sleep a little on overseas flights and occasionally take a short nap on shorter flights.

Most flights, that's a big no. Even when I really, really want to sleep.

The one time I did sleep was so frustrating. A few years ago, I was laid over in LAX for a delayed 5-hour flight back home. As I waited for the projected 10pm boarding, I watched a young man with his girlfriend make a huge scene with the flight attendants at the gate desk. I've no idea what exactly happened, but 30 minutes later they called me over and offered me the last first class ticket on the plane. When I said I couldn't afford it, they said it was for no additional charge. Turns out, the young man from earlier was in first class and his girlfriend was in coach (and not too happily, btw). I assumed that I became a pawn in a lesson learned that evening. Anyway, the one time I was in first class for a five hour flight ... it had to be in the middle of the night and I slept through it. <sigh>

No.
I try hard not to fall asleep anywhere but my bed w/CPAP.
I snore, end of story.

I can doze on and off on a plane, mostly off. No meaningful sleep.

And welcome back, Sandy! The weekdsy morning @slo poll is draught is over Nice to see you back in your usual morning spot. :sunny:
Thanks Dan :goodvibes
As much as I loved our trip, it’s always good to get back to my normal routine 🙂👍🏻

Can’t sleep on a flight unless seats fully recline- such as business class seats. I remember flying years ago on flights with a lot of empty seats and finding an empty row and sleeping across the seats in that empty row!

I'm a light sleeper even in my own bed at home, so the chances of me getting any sleep on a plane are pretty much non-existant. Have been on numerous 10+ hour night flights over both the Pacific and the Atlantic in all different classes of cabin and have tried to doze off on many occasions, yet the only time I know I definitely fell asleep was in a lie-flat Business class seat where I'd been awake for almost 26 hours at that point so was completely wrecked - and even then I only managed about 45 minutes!

DW on the other hand can fall asleep on a daytime flight in a standard Economy seat pretty much as soon as we've taken off - I do envy her sometimes!

Sometimes I sleep. Depends on the time, length of flight, and how tired I am. If I’m sitting next to DH, we raise the arm rest and lean into each other, which helps. Or lean into the window/wall if we have that seat.

Yes, I can sleep on a plane.
I prefer the window so I can lean against the fuselage and not be bothered while I sleep!

I used to be able to sleep (if I wanted to) on flights. Now I use drugs. If it's an overnight flight, or longer than 5 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter