Slinkyman's Wishes Come True Trip Report:DAYS 8 & 9 Added post 193 & 194

Bug,

Reading your trip report and knowing what all you've been through in the last year and the last few weeks, I'm so THRILLED to know the trip was everything you thought it would be and so much more.

I know there are still some battles left to fight with Ink's health, but you'll get through those with as much strength as you've gotten through this last one. You've got a lot of people sending the power of prayer towards your household as well.

*hugs* to you and Ink

Glad you all had such a great time:) You all deserved it! As my daughter says, wishes really do come true at Disney! :hug:

Day 6 April 23 Day at Sea

Well it was a long night for me. I was up 3 or 4 times in the night sick. How nice of us all to share so well. I lay in bed all concerned as we had a character breakfast scheduled for 8:15 am with a special photo being done with all the characters at 8 am. There was no changing it. I knew we had to go and since husband can’t handle a camera I knew I WOULD have to go. So with determination I said I would get over this bug by morning.

Well morning arrived and I was alive lol so I managed to get my self ready. We headed down for or special meeting arranged by the character manager. Picture was taken which we later received signed by all the characters:

charbreak.jpg

We were in Parrot Cay-a nice colorful way to start the morning. It was time to have the flats come out for a visit.

flatink.jpg

Of course as mentioned before Lily was “on” this trip with us and we took a picture of her and Ink:

lilyflat.jpg

Breakfast was wonderful and a great way to see the characters and get pictures. I did not eat but two bites of plain toast that morning was afraid to put much in my stomach as I was not sure if I was better. The wait staff was great and made hats out of napkins and Ink’s hat made was a Peter Pan hat:

charbrk.jpg

naphat.jpg

With breakfast behind us and a full day at sea we decided that most of us had been ill recently to just take it easy today. Relax and not do much. We walked around the ship some, hung out in our rooms and just enjoyed the day. There is a movie theater on the Disney Magic and Wild Hogs was playing that day. Since none of us had seen it we decided to go to the movies. After the movies we hung out on deck for a little while before we had to get ready for dinner. Tonight’s dinner was a big deal-Captain Gala/formal night.
Quiet deck:

quietdeck.jpg

Well finally it was time to get ready for dinner. These are the nights that most women love and most men dread. Why do men think it is such a pain to get dressed up? My to guys grumbled the whole time they were getting ready-but the end result took my breath away. They look so handsome all “cleaned” up. First stop was off to the Captain’s Gala and our picture with the Captain which later in the week we were able to get it signed:

formcapt.jpg

Then we were off to have formal pictures done. At least the 3 guys cooperated with the formal pictures and they came out very nice:

formgroup.jpg

****Sigh**** I must say the two boys looked so grown up. It made me smile but at the same time gave me a heavy heart-My Inkers is growing up and I know it won’t be long before some girl steals his heart away. I am trying to enjoy every moment of him still thinking I am ok.

boysform.jpg

forminkbug.jpg

boyspart.jpg

Now you will all think we are crazy but before we went on trip we made flats of all of us in our formal VMK clothes. By the way Bearz looks mighty fine in her blue dress with snowshoes. Well you should have seen my husbands face when I pulled them out to have the Ships photographer take a professional picture of us. Here is the end results and the photographer was a great sport:

formflat.jpg

With pictures behind us it was off to another great dinner. After dinner there was a pin trading event with the ships officers. This was greatly anticipated by the boys and they loved it. After the pin trading it was off to another Disney Show. Tonight’s show was the Golden Mickey’s. I liked the show but Ink said it was not one of his favorites.

golmicka.jpg

With the show done and all of us feeling tired we decided to do a quick stroll around the deck to enjoy the night with nothing but darkness at sea and of course take the night shot on the deck of the boys:

formdeck.jpg

We headed back to the room to call it a night. At this point I would like to mention that we were treated like VIP’s on the cruise. Ink got more mail on the ship then we get at home. Every evening there was a card from the make a wish coordinator on the ship. There were so many extras the boys got like free use of the internet, invitations to special gatherings and almost everyday there were goodies in our room for us- cookies, fruit, and cheese and cracker plate. The boys thought it was great to come to the room to see what towel animal they had, what mail they got and what goodies were waiting. They were spoiled on this trip. I went to bed that night feeling much better, happy that the day was good-rather quiet but still a great day and looking forward to the next day and the port of Grand Cayman.

Day 7 April 24 Port of Call Grand Cayman

We awoke to another glorious day. Not a drip of rain so far this vacation. Today’s port was Grand Cayman. This is a beautiful port of call with only 1 setback. All ships have to tender in. They have it worked out great but it is a more time consuming procedure then just docking and walking off of the ship. We had a quick breakfast and we were off to explore Grand Cayman. Tendering might be a pain but you get such an awesome view of the Ship in the water:

shipcay.jpg

There seemed to be a ship possibly challenging us to a pirate battle? LOL This is the Jolly Roger- a shore excursion that could be booked for an adventure at sea.:

jollyr.jpg

We chose to do something a little different. We decided to do the Atlantis Submarine ride. This is a free flowing sub ride to the ocean bottom. You must board a smaller boat for a quick ride to the Sub which you board out at sea. Then you dive! Down into the water for a great adventure:

sob1.jpg

sub1.jpg

This was so much fun. We went down to a depth of 109 feet. We saw fish, lots of coral, a sea turtle and divers who thought it was fun to take pictures of us as we took pictures of them:

sub2a.jpg

During this ride we came across something that made my day. You see before we went Grumpy Gnome had asked me to bring him back a mermaid. Well I could not help but smile and think of my dear friend when I saw this on the ride. So Gnome this picture is for you:

mermaid.jpg

After the sub ride we did a little bit of exploring of Grand Cayman. Of course we did a little shopping and had to make the stop at Hard Rock Café for t-shirts for the boys and for my 20 year old son who was home holding down the fort and taking care of the pets.

cayman1a.jpg

After shopping it was back to the ship. We walked around a bit and relaxed. We happen to have a chance encounter with a familiar pirate and his side kick and we checked out the busy pool:

shipcay2.jpg

We headed back to the room to get ready for dinner. After dinner the show this evening was Twice Charmed a twist on the Cinderella Story and it was one of the favorites by all of us. After the show it was back to the room for another cute animal and a nice nights rest for a tired kid.

caynighta.jpg

It was a great day. Perfect weather, great friends and great adventure. It was time to call it a night for me and I smiled as I look at the picture over our bed. I am not sure my heart could dream up such a wonder trip we have had so far. It was beyond my greatest dreams. I fell asleep thinking about Wed. as I was very much looking forward to this day. For the next day we would be swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel and it was pirate night aboard the Disney Magic…sigh…what a whirlwind it has been…

dwish.jpg

To be continued

amazing i hope your time in florida had nice wheather though to day it is raining a little and it is Very windy.
~bravehook~

Ok Bug, I'm so ready for a Disney cruise!! Looks like the shows have all changed since I last cruised on the Magic. The pictures look great! Glad you all had such a wonderful time!

I'm so happy our letters had such a positive impact on your family :wizard: . Maybe yavn isn't the root of all evil...

...nah, he still is.

Yay! I finally got to sit down get caught up!! Thanks Bug for such an awesome report! Waiting excitedly for the next chapter! I am just soooooo happy for all of you, because you are such an inspiration, and for Ink's dreams coming true. And, you guys are so brave...I like to SCUBA but I could never get up the nerve to do the submarine!!

:grouphug:

Welp, congrats all of you.

I wonder what it was like meeting yavn.

I hope everyone is happy now ;-)

Bug- just got around to reading your trip report.

Sounds like it was a truly magical time- even with the illness taking it's turn around the group.

So glad to hear you all got to have this great experience!

WOOT! never been on that ship... aye... a great read bug!!

Who would have thought Ink and D could clean up so well :) You all looked lava!!

I absolutely enjoyed reading this thread....all the pictures are AMAZING and props to all of you for coordinating it and to Disney/VMK/YAVN for making it so very special. HUGS and thanks so much for sharing!!! Yavn looks like such a total sweety! Hugs for your strength Slink & Bug you deserve every bit of it! :goodvibes

Hey Bug no worries I would have done the same thing having a professional photographer take a pic of flats LOL. What a nice trip. You all look wonderful and yes Bearz look beutiful too even if you look beyond the snow shoes lol. But it would not be her without them. So I am waiting for the next installment of the next ill person. Running out of cast to get ill. Guess Lilly is glad she did not go on being a flat on the cruise she was immune to that nasty bug. Thanks for the great story just love it. :)

Oh my, you all looked great dressed up!! The boys looked wonderful in their suits! I love how you took the flats out for a pic. :goodvibes Sounds like it was so much fun and so much to do and take in each day. Can't wait to see more pics and read more on your trip.

Bug, I think Disney needs to hire you to do promo write ups for them! You're really making me want to book a Disney Cruise! :laughing:

Glad you all had such a great time. As for this quote:

Bugdozer said:
My Inkers is growing up and I know it won’t be long before some girl steals his heart away. I am trying to enjoy every moment of him still thinking I am ok.

I have a feeling you will be far, far more than just "okay" with your boy for a long, long time. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter