Skyauctions $199 sale (plus $20 admin fees) is back!

Sadly I no longer have the #. I can't believe I did not record it somewhere. It used to come on the email from skyauction when you won a certificate. Now in the same spot (on the new email certificates), it directs you to the rci redemption web site.

Maybe if anyone happens to have the getaway weeks #, they could post it .

the number i found in one of my emails ( that is how they used to send the codes ) is 800-618-4968

HOW TO BOOK YOUR RESERVATION:
First check availability through www.getawayweeks.com. Once your
destination is determined simply call the toll-free number indicated
above. You will speak with a agent at GetAwayWeeks who will book your
reservation and issue travel documents.

give is a try but have a funny feeling that skyauction is dealing with a different division of RCI for these certificates and perhaps the ones they are selling now do not have a full picture of the weeks available from the RCI pot.....

riu ....on another note....

what are you feeling about the new airfares ( do you have urs booked yet )and car rental prices for Orlando....national seems to be in the stratosphere ( highest prices of all rental cars....) ......

Dollar and Thrifty are sister companies....

as are Avis and Budget ( owned by RCI ), seems to be a lot of consolidations taking place

the vacation landscape sure is changing...

I know you asked riu girl this, but I thought I'd chime in ;)

My husband & I were having this same conversation tonight. About how much vacations may be changing in this economy. We took our main vacation early this year - April instead of October. Spring Break instead of Fall Break. Other years it would have been more expensive to travel in April, but not in 2008. Our airfare was less ($59 each way) than I'm seeing now, rental car was really cheap, and food/gas prices were lower.

Interestingly enough, I'm looking at a budget vacation for Fall ... and Orlando still offers us the best value for our money when it comes to accomodations. Through the discount options I use (AFVC, GovArm, this SkyAuction deal) I can still get a lot of resort for not a lot of money. Our biggest expense right now to get anywhere is gas. It will take us $300 in gas alone, driving from Kentucky. I haven't priced flights or rental cars, because I don't really believe we'll drive as far as Florida for a vacation. I might, just to see where we are compared to 3 months ago.

Staycations are all the rage right now. At least, that's what the media wants us to believe. LOL

My certificate finally came last night! I was too excited to wait and booked Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 2br. I've never stayed there, but know lots of folks here on the Disboards have and liked it.
Chelley00 I'm sorry it didn't work out for you...hopefully something good is coming your way!:wizard:

the number i found in one of my emails ( that is how they used to send the codes ) is 800-618-4968

HOW TO BOOK YOUR RESERVATION:
First check availability through www.getawayweeks.com. Once your
destination is determined simply call the toll-free number indicated
above. You will speak with a agent at GetAwayWeeks who will book your
reservation and issue travel documents.

give is a try but have a funny feeling that skyauction is dealing with a different division of RCI for these certificates and perhaps the ones they are selling now do not have a full picture of the weeks available from the RCI pot.....

riu ....on another note....

what are you feeling about the new airfares ( do you have urs booked yet )and car rental prices for Orlando....national seems to be in the stratosphere ( highest prices of all rental cars....) ......

Dollar and Thrifty are sister companies....

as are Avis and Budget ( owned by RCI ), seems to be a lot of consolidations taking place

Hi, Thanks for the getaway weeks #!!

I have booked air (MCO-BUF) Jan 3 for $201 each plus tax. Yes, that is a one way price. :rotfl: I have never paid more then $69 before for the exact same Saturday. I am holding off booking the outbound flight (BUF-MCO) since it is $129 and I feel that this is way too high for an off season date. I am hoping that both legs decrease and then I will re-book the inbound (MCO-BUF) and use some of the TTFs to put towards the outbound leg (BUF-MCO). Worst case I will pay the $129 for the outbound portion. As it is, I have had to re-do our budget to allow for the huge $ increase.

Regarding car rentals, I am holding a couple of ressies using the infamous 67 code. I also am holding a ressie with Thrifty using the magicard code. For a compact it is $110 per week plus fees. Last December through Alamo the rate (using a walmart code) decreased significantly a few days prior to pick up so will keep a VERY close eye on that as well.

Due to airfare increases, I think this will be our last trip to Florida for some time. I am looking at the Mayan Riv in Mexico for next year instead. The airfares have increased as well (BUF-CUN) but not to the same percentage as SWAs Floridas fares have. :goodvibes

Well it looks like I missed the deal. I'm trying really hard to get us to Orlando this fall as cheaply as possible but within reason. (no dumps, etc..) Looking at driving down, offsite, anything else that will trim the budget. I'll keep an eye out here for any other offers out there.

I've never checked out Skyauction before that I can remember.

Well it looks like I missed the deal. I'm trying really hard to get us to Orlando this fall as cheaply as possible but within reason. (no dumps, etc..) Looking at driving down, offsite, anything else that will trim the budget. I'll keep an eye out here for any other offers out there.

I've never checked out Skyauction before that I can remember.

you can still get a very similar deal. just do the regular auction bid!
I have rarely seen it go over $25. & you pay the same fees as the 'special', which are the $199. fee + admin fee of $20 (?)
PLUS you also get a $100 certificate to use on a future bid!
just keep bidding on these auction , I think they are called home & away auctions & usually have 2 a week avail.

curious,, just what weeks are you guys choosing to take your vacations?

we are looking in feb 2009 & the pickings are slim for resorts........

Muffyn, I booked for Nov 1-8 and Nov 8-15. (got a 2 bedroom for each, yay.) I'm going a couple days at Pop Century before for Halloween.

I have read that the availability gets better when you're within 45-60 days of your desired dates, but I don't think I'd be comfortable waiting until then to secure accomadations.

I have rarely seen it go over $25. & you pay the same fees as the 'special', which are the $199. fee + admin fee of $20 (?)
just keep bidding on these auction , I think they are called home & away auctions & usually have 2 a week avail.

Oh thanks. I've poked around the site a bit the last 2 days but still trying to get my bearings. It's overwhelming trying to figure it all out.

I ended up not purchasing anymore since I still have two left over from my purchases in December. I haven't booked anything for my end of July trip yet. Nothing is coming up. If I have to end up getting a hotel room, that means I will still have two certificates left anyway then. I plan on using one in the fall & one over winter break if there are any units. Mine expire April 09. I am thinking they may have another blow out in December, you never know. If so, then I will get more. It was just not meant to be for me this time. I could not justify to my DH why I was purchasing more when I still have two unused ones. I work for the school district and currently have NO INCOME until the end of Aug so we are winging it on one paycheck... logically, I would not be making a wise financial decision. Now if I didn't have any left, that would be a different story.....;)

oh, that's good to know! I missed out on the last special, too! thanks! :)

I noticed they extened it again, it is now till July 7th for anyone that is still interested.. I wonder why they keep extending it :confused3 The first was 6/30, then it went to 7/3, now it is 7/7....

Ive tried different dates and places with http://www.getawayweeks.com and keeps saying no results found.Could the site me down?

The Resort Search Engine is currently down for system maintenence.
Any searches performed at this time may not bring back results.
System maintenence is scheduled to be complete by 2am Eastern Standard Time.
When the Resort Search Engine is back online, this message will disappear.

I noticed they extened it again, it is now till July 7th for anyone that is still interested.. I wonder why they keep extending it :confused3 The first was 6/30, then it went to 7/3, now it is 7/7....

Oooo, it is back! Do I take the plunge?? Aahhh!

Oooo, it is back! Do I take the plunge?? Aahhh!

I'm with ya girl!! I dying to take the plunge but not sure since I am not seeing anything in any date showing up... hmm thinking it might be the site but nervous to sink the money into nothing!! :)

Where do you guys that get these alot like to stay? Six pages of resorts are coming up! (Which is good, but I have no idea which ones are nicer than others.)

Where do you guys that get these alot like to stay? Six pages of resorts are coming up! (Which is good, but I have no idea which ones are nicer than others.)

If you want to see some reviews for free you can go to www.tripadvisor.com and check some of the resorts out that came up for you.

I know that some of the places that get good reviews on here are silver lake, cypress point, orbit one, summer bay, and cypress palms.

We stayed at summer bay in the villas section. While it is a little farther out than some people might like we thought it was great. This section is a little smaller than the summer bay resort condos but it was plenty of room for us. My kids loved the interactive pool area too.

hth!
Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter