Skyauctions $199 sale (plus $20 admin fees) is back!

riu girl

DIS Veteran
The offer from last fall has returned once again:

to find offer on web site go to web site, then search, then type in vacation blowout clearance sale

From www.skyauction.com

Skyauction’s Vacation Blowout Clearance Sale is Back!
7 Night Stay at the Resort of Your Choice
Valid thru November 30, 2009

Description

Due to popular demand we have brought back our "Clearance Sale" for a limited time offer.

Purchase a 7 Night Vacation Certificate for only $199

Take advantage of a weekly rental at one of over 3700 worldwide resorts for the low price of $199!! That price is not per night. It is for the entire week! Don't miss out on the opportunity to take advantage of our Vacation Rental Certificate Program at this great price.

Price is per certificate.

Resort Week Certificate

This certificate is valid for a 7 night stay.

A resort condominium provides luxuries and flexibility not available in a hotel stay. Whether you are traveling with a spouse, with friends, or with children, a condominium accommodates all your vacation needs.

Book spacious condominiums ranging in size from studios to three bedrooms. Relax in large living rooms and dining rooms, and prepare food in fully equipped kitchens.

Purchase all-inclusive price plans at select resorts.

Your choice of destination lets you stay in tropical paradises, snow-capped mountains, lush country sides, bustling cities and more. Travel the farthest reaches of the world or explore regions close to home.
Choose from thousands of resorts worldwide, including international stays in Europe, the Caribbean, Australia, and Mexico. Travel the USA and experience the best of Florida, Colorado, California, Hawaii and more.

What is the Resort Vacation Certificate?
This Resort Vacation Certificate entitles the recipient to a seven-night stay at a participating resort. Vacations in this program are based solely upon availability at the time of booking.

What are the peak or high travel seasons?
The best availability is during off-peak times of the year. Peak times are generally when children are out of school, holiday weeks, spring break and summer months. If space becomes available during these peak times, it will most likely be on short notice, 2-10 days prior to travel.

Can I transfer my vacation certificate to another person?
Once your certificate is activated in your name and address, the certificate becomes non-transferable.

Resort Week Certificate Certificate (Expires November 30, 2009)
Can I check availability prior to bidding?
Yes you can by going to www.rciredemption.com.

How do I book my vacation?
Reservations are now booked on-line! Go to www.rcicertificates.com/redeem. Sign in using your Certificate Serial Number and Authorization Code. Once signed in you can search availability and book your reservation.

When can I travel?
Reservations must be booked by May 30, 2009, but you can travel up to November 30, 2009.
Resale of these items is strictly forbidden either privately or through any other website. The issuer reserves the right to deny acceptance without recourse of any items deemed to have been obtained in a manner contrary to our terms of sale and any person found to engage in this practice will be refused the right to purchase further items of this type.
Other Details

Validity Dates: Anytime within the following date(s):
Now thru 11/30/2009
Minimum/Maximum Stay:
1 to 7 nights.

Can canadians buy sky auction?

Is there any catch? Do you need to watch a timeshare presentation?

tks....

no catches.

the only problem is that it doesn't tell you the size of the unit.

which is just irrating...

like to know what I am getting.

thanks!!! will definitely get one or two.

the only problem is that it doesn't tell you the size of the unit.

which is just irrating...

like to know what I am getting.

QUOTE]

Spiceycat,
Do you think it is possible to use the old method of booking with these certificates (check availability at www.getawayweeks.com and then once you have the certificate # simply call the 1-800 number on the getaway weeks web site to book)? I have not booked using the new rci redemption web site and definately would prefer to use the old method.

well I do that now - but I get the ideal that they are doing away with getawayweeks - altogether.

now I don't where this ideal came from.

what selections have you all seen on the rci redemption site.???

the few times i have checked recently they did not seem to have much inventory even in oversold Orlando

I could be wrong but I think the inventory on both sites (getaway weeks and rci redemption) is the same/or very similar (based solely on searching week 50 Orlando) is justs that on the redemption site you are unable to find out unit size or exact dates so I find it frustrating. I prefer the old way of doing things (using the getaway weeks site to find what you want and then call the 1-800 to confirm).

what selections have you all seen on the rci redemption site.???

the few times i have checked recently they did not seem to have much inventory even in oversold Orlando

they are getting fewer of them - then suddenly there is a bunch.

go now and look in Sept and Dec, 2008.

I would not purchase a certificate unless you are flexible about travel times and don't go at peak times. The inventory seems to be less than previously.

I tried calling the 800 number and they said I have to book online and they could not help me. I also find it frustrating not to know the unit size. What is the purpose of not showing that?

you buy a week $199 - with $20 fee (no matter how many weeks you buy - the fee is still $20)

then you get the certificate and code thru email.

then go to

Reservations are now booked on-line! Go to www.rcicertificates.com/redeem. Sign in using your Certificate Serial Number and Authorization Code. Once signed in you can search availability and book your reservation.

got told this is also the way to look - because it has studio/1 bedroom, etc

so will find out - so Far nothing I want in May, 2009.

boy, Id love to know how this works!

Me too. Does anyone have a code so we could look and see if Orlando is there or do you hve to buy the code. I guess the question is ...where do you get the code. Are we buying the weeks and then finding out where they are b/c if so that is too hard to line up.

Never mind I figured it out!

Shoot. I wish I had looked here last week. Looks like I missed them.

I do have 2 weeks saved for $179 each and plan to use them in January, but then I will need more!!!!!

Dawn

you buy a week $199 - with $20 fee (no matter how many weeks you buy - the fee is still $20)

then you get the certificate and code thru email.

then go to

got told this is also the way to look - because it has studio/1 bedroom, etc

so will find out - so Far nothing I want in May, 2009.

do you see anything for the 1st week of Nov? Nov 2nd? we have to have a 2 bedroom, so not knowing unit size is stopping me from getting this. I would rather pay the extra $ to know what I am getting

I would not purchase a certificate unless you are flexible about travel times and don't go at peak times. The inventory seems to be less than previously.

I tried calling the 800 number and they said I have to book online and they could not help me. I also find it frustrating not to know the unit size. What is the purpose of not showing that?

When did that happen to you? I just called them over Memorial Day weekend, in fact called the several times that weekend and finally booked, over the phone for my June trip :confused3 I did have to give them my certificate number and activate it for them to help me. If I didn't do that, they said they would not help. By giving my number, that meant I could not let anyone else use my certificate (which I had no intentions of doing that).

yes, inventory during peak times is very slim... that I will say. It is nothing like it use to be!

Looks like they have upgraded their redemption website to include actual date and unit size. So you can search for availability before buying the certificate. :goodvibes

Looks like they have upgraded their redemption website to include actual date and unit size. So you can search for availability before buying the certificate. :goodvibes

:cool1: They sure did... thanks for the update! I was just on getawayweeks.com. It was working today. Somedays it works & others it seems not to work correctly. Now I can just use the other site...:goodvibes

I also noticed that they have made some sub-areas as well. They now have an Orlando area, before you had to use Central/WestCoast Fl for Orlando

Ok.. here is one problem with the updated rciredemption.com site. It isn't giving good info.. look at this very good.. dates are conflicting..first says 7/26 to 8/2 then the check in date says 7/12 :confused3 They aren't even the same week....:confused:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barefoot'n in the Keys at Old Town
Multiple Unit Availability from 7/26/2008 to 8/2/2008

Kick off your shoes and relax at this casual resort situated in the heart of central Florida's attractions. The resort is less than three miles east of the main entrance to Walt Disney World(R) and less than 10 miles from Universal Studios and SeaWorld. You'll be in the center of all the fun. Neighboring the resort is Old Town, with 75 specialty... MORE

Check-in Date Max Guests # of Nights Size / Kitchen

7/12/2008 4 7 1 Bdrm / Partial
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems there are a few of them with conflicting dates. I guess you have to really be careful on reading the dates. Here is the link for Orlando July's search...
http://rciredemption.com/default.asp?ResortSearch=1&page=1

I actually purchased one of these Friday and have already booked.

The initial rciredemption site had decent info; however, once I logged in with the certificate info post-purchase, I found that there were several more properties available for my dates that weren't on the public site. :confused3

I was pleasantly surprised, as I got a much nicer unit/complex than I had anticipated when I purchased the certificate. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter