Skyauctions $199 sale (plus $20 admin fees) is back!

If you want to see some reviews for free you can go to www.tripadvisor.com and check some of the resorts out that came up for you.

I know that some of the places that get good reviews on here are silver lake, cypress point, orbit one, summer bay, and cypress palms.

We stayed at summer bay in the villas section. While it is a little farther out than some people might like we thought it was great. This section is a little smaller than the summer bay resort condos but it was plenty of room for us. My kids loved the interactive pool area too.

hth!
Amanda

Thanks. That is what I started doing. I also searched for them on the boards to try to get a feel for certain ones.

I took the leap with 10 minutes remaining. :banana:

eta: Just as an fyi I received my certificate numbers via email about an hour later.

Am I being too optimistic? I have 2 of these certificates and really want to go in the next few weeks, preferably around the 20th or the 27th of this month. I can go anytime through about mid September but I'm really wanting to go sooner than later. I really need a 2 bedroom, there are 6 of us. I've been checking constantly and I've seen some properties be added and then be gone later but they weren't anything I wanted. I'm not super picky but would like to be relatively close to the World. Should I just take the next 2 bedroom that shows up or should I wait it out and take my chances? Getting something last minute isn't a problem, I can pack up and be there the day after tomorrow. There is LOTS of availability through Expedia, etc.but I don't know if that matters or not.

I haven't seen any show up for July 27th for a 1 or 2 bedroom in Orlando!.. I have been looking & calling.. I am getting a little upset now. I called yesterday and when I called the woman on the other end tried telling me that I "used" my certificate when I called to book my Sept 27th but canceled. I told her NO, I did not cancel since I did not book once they told me I would have to forefit in the event of a hurricane, so I never did actually book. :headache: I was so upset. She still insisted that I used that cert # up until I demanded she look into her notes. Then she said "oh I see" then she went on to say that either way she had nothing at all in Orlando for any of July.. and she said it very nasy! :mad: Now I am not sure because she saw I was right & she was wrong, or she was upset because I made her look further than she wanted to and correct an error they made on my certificate number or what, but she was nasty. These people are not from SkyAuction but from RCI. I am thinking of contacting Skyauction to inform them of how she was to me. I understand there is no inventory, but to get upset with me because I wanted her to correct an error that she made is a bit nuts if you ask me. There was no way I was going to let my certificate go as if it was used.. :eek:

What a heifer!

Do you think they will just let those rooms sit empty instead of offering them to certificate users? I understand that if they are full then they are. But there is a lot of unused inventory as of right now. I'm new to this so I am trying to figure out if there is any rhyme or reason.

Oh man I didnt know the sale was extended, I missed it!!! Does anyone know if there will be another one or when? :sad1: Thx

What a heifer!

Do you think they will just let those rooms sit empty instead of offering them to certificate users? I understand that if they are full then they are. But there is a lot of unused inventory as of right now. I'm new to this so I am trying to figure out if there is any rhyme or reason.

I agree with you, when you look on the SkyAuction site, there are many units to bid for, specific units for specific weeks. Yet there is nothing to use your certificate on. I do understand that this is prime season, but this is really nuts. When you call, they say NOTHING. Not that there is a choice, but nothing! I wonder why when I go onto getawayweeks, somethings come up, yet on rciredemption nothing comes up :confused3 rciredemption is the one that you are suppose to use for the real inventory (as per the voice on the other end of the phone when you call to book). Like I have said before, this summer is the very first time I have ever had a problem. My dates are coming up fast and nothing is there.. I will end up having to pay for a hotel & I really did not want to do that... not with 2 certificates paid in full and just sitting in limbo, not being able to use them. There is lots of inventory for the fall, but I don't want to book for then yet.. not with hurricane season. I do not feel comfy take that chance..

I am really thinking I may just do Universal's parks a few days (pay for hotel) and go to Daytona Beach for a few days. If I do that, I can stay at my moms.. Free ;) while going to Daytona Beach area.

Searching Orlando Area from 7/1/2008 to 7/31/2008.
Sorry, no results were returned for your search.

my results on rciredemption, I just checked again...

Searching Orlando Area from 7/1/2008 to 7/31/2008.
Sorry, no results were returned for your search.

my results on rciredemption, I just checked again...

---------------------------------------------------------

Harder Hall Lakeside Villas
Sebring, FL
Unit Description Check-In/Check-Out
Studio, 2 - 4 Guests, Full Kitchen 7/19/08 - 7/26/08
1 Bedroom, 4 Guests, Full Kitchen 7/19/08 - 7/26/08

Linkside Villas at Sun 'n Lake Estate
Sebring, FL

The Gardens, Orlando
Orlando, FL
2 Bedrooms, 6 - 8 Guests, Full Kitchen 7/19/08 - 7/26/08

my results on getawayweeks.com for July 19-Aug 3rd.. I expanded my dates to see what would come up. Now, I do not want any of these, but these do come up... yet on rci, nothing comes up & when you call, nothing is there...

Do you think they will just let those rooms sit empty instead of offering them to certificate users?
Why not? They already have your money...

RCI plays hardball.

well from an economic standpoint, it would make more sense to fill the rooms than to let them go empty. If you have people on your property they will spend money at your gift shop, at your restaurants, maybe even buy a timeshare if you treat them well.

But, like I said, I'm new to this.

well from an economic standpoint, it would make more sense to fill the rooms than to let them go empty. If you have people on your property they will spend money at your gift shop, at your restaurants, maybe even buy a timeshare if you treat them well.

But, like I said, I'm new to this.

Your thoughts seem more logical, but I am starting to wonder, if they are letting lem sit over the summer. I know they cannot be booked if they are auctioning them off on SkyAuction. I think what happened is SkyAuction purchased them and is auctioning them off for the particular weeks... which explains why we cannot book them.. SkyAuction already has them. We purchased our certificates from SkyAuction so they could care less about us using them, they have our money.. not RCI... SkyAuction purchased from them... origianally.. I do know that if you do not activate your certificate number, SkyAuction will refund you money if you do not use it and tell them that you cannot find something for your time frame. Problem is when you call to look, RCI will ask you for your number and that activates it :rolleyes: So they screw you by doing that. If you can get by without calling, do not call them. Out of the two certificates I have left over from the Decmember sale, I have one activated & one not.. :upsidedow

I hadn't thought of that. Oh well, if they release some of them then we'll go, if not, we'll just go in August instead.

If you're super-flexible about when you can go---no school calendars, flexible work schedule, etc.---then it is probably worth stocking up on a few of these.

Otherwise, look at them as kind of a lottery ticket. They may "win" you a really cheap stay, or they may be worthless.

Okay,

I have SkyAuction week that I won in April. The email said to go to www.redeemavacation.com.

The availability is different on this site than it is on www.Getawayweeks.com / weeksworld.com.

For example, www.redeemavacation.com shows only 1 br at Wyndham Cypress Palms in Feb 2009, but www.WeeksWorld.com has a 2 br available.

Which database have people used to book Grand Beach? I have been watching the www.redeemavacation site, but haven't seen that come up at all...

I know this is RCI, so do they use different databases at different times!!??

I'm sure I should the links that my email says, but if the certificates will work on multiple sites and some have better availability, what to do??

HELP!!

I thought I'd update on our situation. Since Skyauction took so long to get us our certificates and the 3 bedrooms that were there disappeared in the meantime, they agreed to a refund, and I actually got my money back. I thought it would take them forever to process the refund, but it was back in our account in about 4 days.

Hi I have one of these certificates and could someone please tell me what sites can I actually book on? It says redeemavaction on my certificate, but nothing is coming up. Are there other sites? Thankyou

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter