• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sky writing over disney

I think the moderators must be getting weak or falling asleep......this feeble debate is now over 8 pages long and should have been shut down at page 2 or 3....didn't someone say............"nobody wins" way back on those pages??

I have been meaning to ask this. We were at Disney 1/27 to 1/31. Each day different christian messages were written in the sky. Does anyone know why or who done this?

(hopefully these pictures work - my first time posting pics)

2266407195_1139a2178a.jpg

We saw it too on 2/10!!!

I thought it was AWESOME!!!

What a way to witness to a large amount of people!!!

If you look at this topic as something other than a religious debate, I think it may provoke deeper thought.

The clear blue sky is a beautiful canvass given for all of us to enjoy. It's glorious; heavenly.

One guy constantly painting his message up there (no matter what it is) seems a bit over the top...and unfair.

Let me ask you this...if the message was 'Hillary Clinton' on every clear day, would you feel the same?

What about 'George Bush'?

What about 'Osama bin Laden'.

You see...it's not about religion. It's about someone painting on the canvas that belongs to no one of us, but to all of us. What if the sky was full of stuff (religious and non-religious) on every clear day? Would you get tired of it?

Would you really want everyone who had the means to put their grafitti up there? What if you woke up every day at home and someone was up there painting a message you did not want to see - on every clear day?

Personally, Jesus is a friend of mine. But I wouldn't mess up the sky every day to tell you that...I'd let the clear blue glorious sky send that same message.

Peace.

Perfectly said.

We saw it too on 2/10!!!

See, I don't want to be witnessed to.

Now, I really wouldn't mind if this topic were locked and/or deleted, as I'm having a harder and harder time keeping out of this one. Is there a religious board here? If so, this and all other religious themed threads should be moved there. It just causes strife on the general forums. I like a peaceful forum and this thread isn't helping. :sad2:

We saw it too on 2/10!!!

Yes - and as you can see - all the people witnessed to, have seen the errors of their ways and are ready to Praise the Lord!!! :rolleyes:

Dont you see, that this witnessing doesnt work??? Seriously.... :confused3 For me personally, as previously stated, it annoyed me. And lets say (and i wasnt) but lets say I was half tempted to be born-again, this annoyance would further solidify my sinful ways.

Yes - and as you can see - all the people witnessed to, have seen the errors of their ways and are ready to Praise the Lord!!! :rolleyes:

Dont you see, that this witnessing doesnt work??? Seriously.... :confused3 For me personally, as previously stated, it annoyed me. And lets say (and i wasnt) but lets say I was half tempted to be born-again, this annoyance would further solidify my sinful ways.

I'm sorry, but that has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read. If you were serious enough about any religion to be "born again", the fact that you could be swayed by some sky writing in some vacation photos speaks volumes about your character. Are you as wishy-washy on other topics?

I don't know exactly where I read this but, its probably less than productive to discuss individual religious convictions or beliefs.

Nobody can "win" in that debate.

;)

............Again........!!! Look at the original question the OP had and now look at where we are now in this discussion. Are the Moderators on a day off today??? I appreciate you guys but I've seen other threads closed a lot quicker than this one that is now so off the original topic/question!

I'm sorry, but that has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read. If you were serious enough about any religion to be "born again", the fact that you could be swayed by some sky writing in some vacation photos speaks volumes about your character. Are you as wishy-washy on other topics?

I dont think I'm wishy washy at all.

I havent changed my view on this topic since I first started seeing the writings YEARS ago.

I dont see what's ignorant about saying that skywriting "Jesus Loves You" isnt going to make someone turn into a Christian or change their views on such.

Perhaps - because Im not interested in being 'born again' - I dont see the 'seriousness' of it.

..........and lets say (and i wasnt) but lets say I was half tempted to be born-again, this annoyance would further solidify my sinful ways.

Since I see you are from Chicago.........
..........yea, kind of like when I see Chicago Cub fans cheer their team right out in front of everyone else, it makes me want to hate them even more....the nerve they have trying to influence me in such a way!;)

Not a flame, but a small attempt to show how shallow your statement is......I'd say you probably are not swayed that easy on your decision....just an opportunity to take a swipe at a religion!

Perhaps - because Im not interested in being 'born again' - I dont see the 'seriousness' of it.

Now see, IMO, THIS is the most ignorant statement I have ever read. Maybe it is because I know that being 'born again' is the most serious decision one will ever make! :thumbsup2

Now, really, CathrynRose! Do you really mean that?

That's like saying, "Wooo!!! I hate the skywriter's message, let me sin some more!"

The skywriter's message is the same as someone else's that can be found in the Bible. Too bad Jesus didn't fly in a plane to spread his word across the land. ;)

Since I see you are from Chicago.........
..........yea, kind of like when I see Chicago Cub fans cheer their team right out in front of everyone else, it makes me want to hate them even more....the nerve they have trying to influence me in such a way!;)

Not a flame, but a small attempt to show how shallow your statement is......I'd say you probably are not swayed that easy on your decision....just an opportunity to take a swipe at a religion!

Yes - that would annoy me too, as Im a Sox fan.

And it has nothing to do with taking a swipe at religion. I am NOT religious. What you and I take 'seriously' will completely vary.

Now, really, CathrynRose! Do you really mean that?

)

Actually - that was sarcasm. Ill continue to be *sinful*, either way. ;)

AT THIS POINT - Im backing out. I do NOT agree with the skywriting, and as Ive said a million times, it annoys the bejeebers out of me.

Hey Ma'am! I was looking at your photos you posted earlier in the thread. I can see why you might be ticked about the skywriting in your photo. As a former professional photographer I would suggest eliminating the excess headroom in your photos (ie. tilt DOWN a bit). A little composition adjustment would prevent your photos from being ruined by just about ANY visual intrusion.

On a personal note...the sky-writer's witnessing didn't work for you, but perhaps it did wokr on someone. Even if it's just one person, then he's done what he set out to do. I think even if he makes a fellow Christian smile that day, he's accomplished his job.

The writing doesn't bother me. Conversely, I don't think I'd be annoyed if it said "vote Republican" or "GIve in to Satan" (the same message essentially hahaha!). Since neither of those messages pertains to me or interests me in any way, I'd probably just ignore them...and go out of my way to make sure no partof them is in my photos.

ok, read the part that is highlighted in red again. The way it reads it sounds like if you were considering being "born again", that the "inconvenience" of having to photo shop it out of your pictures would sway you not to. ok, maybe wishy-washy was the wrong name for it. I guess easily swayed is more like it. The decision to be "born again" is a very serious decision, and to let something like sky writing in Disney vacation pictures sway your decision has to be the most igorant thing I have read on any message board.

ok, so take the religion part out of it, and it's just a big message in the sky. If it's an inconvience to any one person, it must go according to some of you. Let's just toss out the fact that the person that did it, has the First Amendment rights to do so. If you don't like what it say just look away or take your picutres at a different angle. For example, the picture in your siggy CathrynRose, there is a picture with Mickey's head photo shopped onto a well built male body. Well, it creep me out. (Actually it did my DH as well.) Do I instist that you change it? No, it's your right to have the siggy you want, so I just scroll past your siggy it whenever I see a post made by you.

Just in case everyone forgot how it reads, I'll include the First Amendment:

Bill of Rights
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

ok, so take the religion part out of it, and it's just a big message in the sky. ]

Its a message in the sky that YOU happen to be okay with - as previously mentioned, if it said "COME TO THE PUSSYCAT CLUB AT 8 TONIGHT!" it might bother you. Or if it was a plane with a banner of built-Mickey - it might bother you.

Disney again, has a no-fly zone - this guy is intentionally trying to get around it.

Im not saying - lets shoot them out of the sky. Im saying it annoys me, tremendously. Just as my signature does, to you.

Well, now I really do hope I get to see dude when we're down there next. And I want to take pictures of his writings too! :thumbsup2

Its probably less than productive to discuss individual religious convictions or beliefs.

Nobody can "win" in that debate.

WOPR.jpg

"The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter