Sky writing over disney

Not sure if Disney is still a no-fly zone. Was at Epcot tonight and while having dinner ar the Rose&Crown, there was a plane with a banner advertising a Saloon that is now open. There was also several helicopters flying right over head.

Also found this online....
From "Walt Disney on Faith, Church, Bible Study, Prayer & God" on Disney Dreamer website (v. 29 April 2005):

...I am personally thankful that my parents taught me at a very early age to have a strong personal belief and reliance in the power of prayer for Divine inspiration. My people were members of the Congregational Church in our home town of Marceline, Missouri. It was there where I was first taught the efficacy of religion... how it helps us immeasurably to meet the trial and stress of life and keeps us attuned to the Divine inspiration... Deeds rather than words express my concept of the part religion should play in everyday life. I have watched constantly that in our movie work the highest moral and spiritual standards are upheld, whether it deals with fable or with stories of living action. This religious concern for the form and content of our films goes back 40 years to the rugged financial period in Kansas City when I was struggling to establish a film company and produce animated fairy tales. Many times during those difficult years, even as we turned out Alice in Cartoonland and later in Hollywood the first Mickey Mouse, we were under pressure to sell out or debase the subject matter or go "commercial" in one way or another. But we stuck it out... Both my study of Scripture and my career in entertaining children have taught me to cherish them... Thus, whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer...
[Quoted from Roland Gammon's book] Faith is a Star, New York E. P. Dutton & Co. 1963. Roland Gammon went on a search of famous people for content on his 1963 book about prayer... Walt Disney wrote the article above for this publication. Walt Disney held deep personal beliefs. Elias Disney (Walt's Dad) was a deacon and named Walt after the family minister Walter Parr. (St. Paul Congregational Church in Chicago) Walt's brother Herbert had a daughter named Dorothy and she married a minister, Glenn Puder. It was at Walt's request that the Reverend Puder delivered the invocation at Disneyland's grand opening on July 17, 1955. Represented at the dedication were Catholic, Jewish and Protestant faiths.

I don't think Walt would have minded at all....

I disagree. Walt Disney was also a drinker, but the MK doesn't have any bars in it. Walt Disney wanted his parks to be an escape from reality. If he really wanted religious messages to invade the illusion he designed at Disneyland, why didn't he build a church on Main Street? There isn't one at the MK either, which is the last park he was involved in. Just because he had religious beliefs doesn't mean he would approve of this guy's skywriting. It's a distraction from the illusion, just as a bar on Main Street or a Saloon in Frontierland would be a distraction from the illusion.

Again, that would distract from the illusion he wanted to set up.

WDCC%20Chernabog.jpg
Maleficent2.jpg

windowslivewriterjesusjohnandhades-113f1hades2.jpg
michael-eisner-picture-1.jpg

Okay. Maybe not all of these images are Satanic. ;)

You're right...Hades was WAY too funny to be Satanic!:lmao: As for the other three....well....

but why exactly would WDW be a no fly zone?

Both DL and WDW were declared no-fly zones in 2003 shortly after the Iraq War began. They are the only commercial sites within the U.S. that have been granted no-fly-zone protection

Both DL and WDW were declared no-fly zones in 2003 shortly after the Iraq War began. They are the only commercial sites within the U.S. that have been granted no-fly-zone protection

Thanks. I googled it after I asked and saw that. Wow, that must have been some serious lobbying on Disneys part to be granted a no fly zone.

The "no-fly zones" over Disneyland and Disneyworld, or "Temporary Flight Restriction" to give them their correct name, came into effect in March of 2003 and consist of a 3 mile radius circle around the center of the parks, from the surface to 3,000ft.

We were there on the 3rd of Feb and saw one over Epcot. Pretty much everyone we saw was looking up to see what was being written. I actually got a chuckle out of the message, cause the guy wrote it upside down. Instead of saying "win with Jesus", it said "min mith Jesus"! Everyone was trying to figure out was "min mith" was and it wasn't until he began writting "Jesus" that people understood that he meant "win with". He ended up writting "Jesus" twice, guess he figured out that he spelled his first part of the message wrong.:confused3

We were there on the 3rd of Feb and saw one over Epcot. Pretty much everyone we saw was looking up to see what was being written. I actually got a chuckle out of the message, cause the guy wrote it upside down. Instead of saying "win with Jesus", it said "min mith Jesus"! Everyone was trying to figure out was "min mith" was and it wasn't until he began writting "Jesus" that people understood that he meant "win with". He ended up writting "Jesus" twice, guess he figured out that he spelled his first part of the message wrong.:confused3

Thats what I meant!!! YOu were at Epcot the same day we were :rotfl:

I knew he did something upside down but my memory isn't so good :rotfl:

Where were you? We were over in Morocco at the time:laughing:

I disagree. Walt Disney was also a drinker, but the MK doesn't have any bars in it. Walt Disney wanted his parks to be an escape from reality. If he really wanted religious messages to invade the illusion he designed at Disneyland, why didn't he build a church on Main Street? There isn't one at the MK either, which is the last park he was involved in. Just because he had religious beliefs doesn't mean he would approve of this guy's skywriting. It's a distraction from the illusion, just as a bar on Main Street or a Saloon in Frontierland would be a distraction from the illusion.

Again, that would distract from the illusion he wanted to set up.

Wow, religious messages invading Disney. The message of love and peace invading the happiest place on earth. Someone taking the time dreaming to wish others hope during the year of a Million dreams. Sure sounds like positive reinforcment to any illusion. It could just keep some people grounded just enough to believe. As far as alcohol, it's a depressant. Saying that Walt wanted to keep out booze for the same reason he wanted to keep out the church is as bad as saying guns are not allowed for the same reason gum is not sold on property. The Skywriter has never labled his message to specify a religion, just a simple thought, Jesus loves you. He does not force you to hear it like I have to hear screaming parents that have reached there limit with their children. He does not force you to have to act upon his message like we all have to open our bags for search to get in. (I'm more than willing to do this just sorry that it has come to this). You actually don't even have to look at it, it's not like it is between where you are and where you are going. Unless your time has been called and I sure would be glad to see that message between here and the afterworld. Many messages are sent and received while you visit Disney. Everyone should spend their time surrounding themselves and paying attention the ones that make them smile. Don't waste time trying to make something that can be so positive to so many a negitive. It seems the skywriting would be much easier to ignore than to fight. For those who, like me, enjoy the message read on. If you think it takes something away from your exprience don't look at it, I promise I won't read it to you. I won't bore you with it, but I still believe it's true even for you.

WDCC%20Chernabog.jpg
Maleficent2.jpg

windowslivewriterjesusjohnandhades-113f1hades2.jpg
michael-eisner-picture-1.jpg

Okay. Maybe not all of these images are Satanic. ;)

The only devil I see here isn't animated!!!! (Can you tell I'm NOT an Eisner fan?!)

I must admit, this thread did get a bit heated, but I laughed so hard at some of the posts - Jesus loves you thinking it was a message of love, no Dumbo meet and greets because of the no-fly zone and of course min mith Jesus!

Thanks for the laughs!!!! :)

My opinion is this: It's not a big deal. This is coming from a non-religious, left-wing liberal individual. I do however have the gift of free will and can TURN AWAY from things I don't want to see and hear. I can also appreciate the beliefs of others, even those I do not share. For me, it makes it a whole lot easier to live in this world where I shrug my shoulders at the MINOR things that annoy me rather than make a big fight out of it.

If you look at this topic as something other than a religious debate, I think it may provoke deeper thought.

The clear blue sky is a beautiful canvass given for all of us to enjoy. It's glorious; heavenly.

One guy constantly painting his message up there (no matter what it is) seems a bit over the top...and unfair.

Let me ask you this...if the message was 'Hillary Clinton' on every clear day, would you feel the same?

What about 'George Bush'?

What about 'Osama bin Laden'.

You see...it's not about religion. It's about someone painting on the canvas that belongs to no one of us, but to all of us. What if the sky was full of stuff (religious and non-religious) on every clear day? Would you get tired of it?

Would you really want everyone who had the means to put their grafitti up there? What if you woke up every day at home and someone was up there painting a message you did not want to see - on every clear day?

Personally, Jesus is a friend of mine. But I wouldn't mess up the sky every day to tell you that...I'd let the clear blue glorious sky send that same message.

Peace.

I didn't mean to spark a religous debate about the writings. I was just curious. As for my comment about the money better being spent well thats just my opinion. We have a local church that throws lavish parties for it's members, yet doesn't provide services to the community. I feel the same way about the church. I had no intend on stirring the pot so to speak. I might not be a very religous person, but the writings did not bother me at all. Infact, my kids liked guessing what the final product would say.

I agree. Is LONG LIVE SATAN, cool too? SELL YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL, alright? How about PARTY ON, WAYNE & GARTH? Freedom of speech my butt...

Not offended. Truly annoyed. My scenic pictures have ridiculous saying's in sky - and Im tired of Photoshopping them out.

I guess - when you agree with it, it is. Is COME SEE THE STRIPPERS AT THE PUSSYCAT CLUB TONIGHT AT 8PM, okay with you? Would that be okay if you were wandering EPCOT and saw that? I doubt it.
QUOTE]

Actually, there was a local church that had a billboard that was black and in big white letters said, "I hate (insert name of church that I have since forgotten). -Satan. It was placed in front of a huge off ramp that has a steep half circle. The first time I saw it, I almost had a wreck I was so shocked. Did I like it? No Did I agree with it? NO I can understand the reasoning behind it. I thought they went about it the wrong way, but they have the right to advertise their church anyway they want.

You're right, I can see how they runed your entire trip. If I were you, I would find out the name of the church. Then I would sue them for the cost of said ruined trip, and for your time to take the offesive sky writing out of your pictures.:rolleyes:

The older I get the more I realize that there are people that truly believe that people with any type of religious view have no right to freedom of speech. They will equate any religious statement with that of strip club advertisements. I find it very offesive that someone would compare sky writing of "Jesus loves you" to the "Pussycat Club". However, it's your right to make that comparison, no matter how ridiculous I think it is.

If you've been to Las Vegas, and walked the strip, you know there are people that shove pamphlets with unclothed women advertising strip clubs. Those people are shoving something "down your throat". I don't like it, but it's their right to do it. Just like it's my right to throw it in the trash.

While we were at EPCOT in October 2006 we saw the sky writing. It said "God = :) ". It didn't offened me, and actually had the opposite effect. It put a smile on my face, and I took a picture of it. By the time I noticed it was there, it was so pale that you can't make it out in the pictures. I would still feel the same if it had been a statement about a religion that I do not believe in.

ok, I'll get off my soap box now, go take some more Cold/Allergy meds, and crawl back into bed.

If you look at this topic as something other than a religious debate, I think it may provoke deeper thought.

The clear blue sky is a beautiful canvass given for all of us to enjoy. It's glorious; heavenly.

One guy constantly painting his message up there (no matter what it is) seems a bit over the top...and unfair.

Let me ask you this...if the message was 'Hillary Clinton' on every clear day, would you feel the same?

What about 'George Bush'?

What about 'Osama bin Laden'.

You see...it's not about religion. It's about someone painting on the canvas that belongs to no one of us, but to all of us. What if the sky was full of stuff (religious and non-religious) on every clear day? Would you get tired of it?

Would you really want everyone who had the means to put their grafitti up there? What if you woke up every day at home and someone was up there painting a message you did not want to see - on every clear day?

Personally, Jesus is a friend of mine. But I wouldn't mess up the sky every day to tell you that...I'd let the clear blue glorious sky send that same message.

Peace.

I really like your point of view here. Well-taken.

I don't know exactly where I read this but, its probably less than productive to discuss individual religious convictions or beliefs.

Nobody can "win" in that debate.

;)

"I don't know where I read this..." You absolutely SLAY me!!!!:lmao:
And I agree. I'm a Christian, but don't count on me to turn the other cheek when debates get heated... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter