• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

six hour wait for flights of passage this weekend????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they started adding bathrooms in the line?!? I mean who gets into a 6 hour line with no ability to get a bathroom, clearly no something I would do!

On a side note I’m going this year over Memorial Day weekend (it’s my only option, maybe another day trip at Christmas but mostly likely not) anyway, I can’t change the date but I’m beginning to wonder if a day at the MK will be worth it if the crowds are similar... suggestions? It’s also EMM that Sunday but the others going with me don’t want to pay for it. I did get them to agree to BOG PPO at 8:05...

Someone posted fairly recently that there are bathrooms and there is a procedure for using it while in line.

When I hear wait time like this, I wonder the following things:
1) Was the wait time inflated to discourage people from getting in line?
2) Did anyone actually wait that long for the ride?
3) Or was the line possibly that long because people got in line assuming #1 to be true, but then later abandoned their attempt to wait it out?

One of the vloggers should camp out on days like this and do entrance and exit polls to find out the answers to these questions, and what it is like to spend most of the day in one line.

I'm curious as well. I find it hard to believe that a line for a ride would actually be 6 hours. Not saying it isn't possible, I just can't fathom it. I think that every time I see a wait between 3-4 hours, let alone 5-6.

Someone posted fairly recently that there are bathrooms and there is a procedure for using it while in line.

I’m still not getting in a 6 hour line, even for a ride I haven’t been on! But good to know they have addressed that issue for people willing to wait!

The whole thing fascinates me, I just can’t understand waiting 3 let alone 6 hrs???

We were there on Sunday and were lucky enough to get on twice. We arrived at 7.55 for rope drop. They had the ride running by 8.30 and we walked out the exit at 9.03. Then we had a fast pass at 12 which had a very short wait.
When we were leaving Avator Land at 9.00 the queue was insane.
When we returned for fast pass there was a large group arguing with the cms that they couldn’t get a fast pass that day for FOP.

We were there on Sunday and were lucky enough to get on twice. We arrived at 7.55 for rope drop. They had the ride running by 8.30 and we walked out the exit at 9.03. Then we had a fast pass at 12 which had a very short wait.
When we were leaving Avator Land at 9.00 the queue was insane.
When we returned for fast pass there was a large group arguing with the cms that they couldn’t get a fast pass that day for FOP.
So you only arrived an hour before opening and still did fine? How was the crowd at that time? Did you notice what the parking lot was like? Also, were they letting people into all parts of the park or just Pandora?

Disney is there to make money... the problem is people who are willing to pay that amount and stand in 6 hour lines (allegedly, even 3 hours is ridiculous) and keep going back. Although it is probably more the 'only timers' or 'very rarely' ones who would get in that line.

It's not going to get any better as long as people keep giving them their money.
Well, this old timer has decided to stop giving Disney our money . After 16 years of yearly trips, our trip in December really felt like Disney has pushed us past our tolerance level. It was packed. They have Raised the price of the candy bar and made it smaller by cramming more people in the parks, having steep price increases and making people wait 3-6 hours for some attractions.
We will wait about 5 years, then see how things are then. Maybe other people are reaching their tolerance level too. FOP is the greatest ride I have ever ridden, but to us, its just not worth it anymore.

Last edited:
Wow--that is unreal. I saw 4 hour wait for TSM when it first opened under the old FP system years ago. We arrived at 11AM and all FP were gone for the day and there was no way we were going to wait, so we came back another day.

So you only arrived an hour before opening and still did fine? How was the crowd at that time? Did you notice what the parking lot was like? Also, were they letting people into all parts of the park or just Pandora?
I think we were lucky and picked a good line to scan our bands. About ten minutes after we arrived the line was getting near bag check.
I think they started letting people in at 8.15. They announced that it was to enjoy the front area of the park before a 9 opening but of course there was a mad rush for Pandora. I feel bad in these situations. because we are pretty good at ‘walking with purpose’ so of course we passed a load of people on the walk. It was every man for themselves. We made it just before the bridge when we caught the line. I fully expected to be waiting there a while but 5 mins later we started moving. We got to enjoy the queue, it was our first time in Pandora, and got on by about 8.45 and off by 9.03.
Yes, it was quite a stressful morning but it was worth it. We thought it was amazing and at 9 we were free to enjoy our day.
The standby queue was 180 at 9 am when we left the area. We would have left if we had been that far back. I don’t think a ride is worth that wait. We have been using refresh and haven’t waited standby for anything this weekend except we popped into standby for Toy Story Mania at 7.58 last night and waited 20 mins. Posted time had been 45. Yes it’s busy, but all the advice on disboards has made it enjoyable despite the crowds.

Insane! Presidents weekend and some school winter breaks don’t make for pleasurable park days!:scratchin

Insane! Presidents weekend and some school winter breaks don’t make for pleasurable park days!:scratchin
The reason why we went to Busch on Saturday and Aquatica on Sunday. All the reports I read was stay away from Disney that weekend so we did until our EMM yesterday at DHS and got out of there at 1.30pm.

Having said that I saw a few people asking questions to the CMs which clearly showed that they thought they could rock up and have a great time!

Well, this old timer has decided to stop giving Disney our money . After 16 years of yearly trips, our trip in December really felt like Disney has pushed us past our tolerance level. It was packed. They have Raised the price of the candy bar and made it smaller by cramming more people in the parks, having steep price increases and making people wait 3-6 hours for some attractions.
We will wait about 5 years, then see how things are then. Maybe other people are reaching their tolerance level too. FOP is the greatest ride I have ever ridden, but to us, its just not worth it anymore.

This is us, too ^^^^^ Have to agree 100%. We have decided that we are just going to take our vacations and spend our money elsewhere. Yes, I’m sad. I’ve been going to WDW since 1988 but we don’t want to go on a vacation that has become too stressful and parks way too crowded. It isn’t fun anymore for us.

I can't believe it.

How long of line would that have been? I'd love to see a picture of the line.

I don’t have photos but when we were in AK during Jersey week 2017 (might have been the Saturday) we used our FOP FP at around 935 (so off the ride 1015ish) and then walked the line for kicks. It went all the way down the bridge to Africa/ FOTLK and then wound its way half way back toward Pandora. And that was only a posted 3.5 hour wait at that time. Now, I can’t speak to how open the queue was inside the building as I obviously couldn’t see it.

A CM in the FP line was saying that people watch the entire movie while waiting. And we witnessed it more than once when we walked back to Africa.

I thought waiting 3.5 hours was crazy.

But 6+? Hard. Pass.

Last edited:

I hear what you’re saying. The prices are just so out of line, especially the deluxe resort rates.

Unfortunately, Disney does not care and will not miss you. There are plenty of others coming along that pay and will continue to pay. Not saying that to sound mean but it’s the harsh reality of how Disney runs their business. They’ve found ways to increase the spending threshold for people - DAH, dessert parties, holiday events, marathons.

It’s almost like punishing yourself if you don’t go. You’re not punishing them. You’ll need to decide if it’s worth missing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter