Site categories - help me understand.

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
We are looking at our first trip to FW next summer. We have a 34' TT and the descriptions of the full, preferred and premium sites on the WDW site don't give me much detail.

What is the difference between the sites? Is it worth upgrading? I welcome any opinions as we know little about the resort at this time.

The difference is location. The difference between full and premium would be a larger concrete pad and a different picnic table and grill. The preferred are closer to the marina and they are a bit smaller sites over full and premium.

That's a big TT, might want to stick with full or premium especially to park your tow vehicle on site.

Our MH is 42 feet. We have 3 slides, a large porch awning and awning all the way around on all windows.
We always reserve a premium site. It usually gives us plenty of room AND they have bigger pads and less sand to be tracked thru.

We used to always stay in the full hookup sites. They have a concrete pad with a lot of sand/shell material at the back and sides. DD loved playing in the sand/shells when she was a toddler...it was as much an attraction for her as anything else at WDW! We felt those sites were kind of far from the settlement and the meadows for walking, but were fine if you liked to ride bikes or take buses.

On a whim, we stayed in a premium site two years ago. We fell in love with it because of the location and how clean it was. The premium sites have concrete in place of most of the sand/shell, and with our dogs in and out a million times a day, the camper stayed so much cleaner without that sand/shell being tracked all over. DD was 11 by then, so she was over playing in the sand, lol! Also, we were in 900, right across from the meadows and a doable walk to the settlement or dog park.

Last year, we couldn't get premium because we booked late, so we took preferred, in the 300 loop. The location was nice....very easy walk to the settlement and dog park, doable walk to the meadows, and great location for trick-or-treating. But compared to premium, the site felt small and the loop felt crowded, and the sand/shell material was back, just like in full hookup. I'm still finding it in the camper a year later, lol!

So this year, we are staying in premium again, hopefully 900 again. Love the location and not having to sweep out the camper multiple times per day. It's the best site for us at this point, given how we travel!

mickeyfan0805,

Glad to have you on the board.

I did a thread back in March about the size of the Partial sites. In it, though, I also had some measurements and pictures for the the Fulls and Premiums.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2901476

(look toward the end of post #1).

The Full and Preferred are identical in site size, layout, and makeup. The difference is their locations. Preferreds are down close to Pioneer Hall and the marina/beach in loops 100, 200, 300. The paved portion is 12' wide and flares out to about 20' wide at the road. The length is about 45-50' on the short side. They have smaller sand pads. Preferred sites are in loops 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900 which are further away from the Meadow Trading Post area and can be very quiet and peaceful (if that's what you want).

Premiums are 18' wide paved (6' more than the Full/Preferred) and flare out to nearly 35' wide at the road. This makes it much easier to back in bigger/longer rigs. They have no sand pad. The paved length is at least 50'. Premiums are in all loops 400-1400 (which includes the area around the Meadow Trading Post which is where the pool and campfire area is as well). Premiums are naturally more expensive than Preferreds which are naturally more expensive than the Fulls.

All three of these site types have the same 20-30-50 amp power hook ups, sewer connection, water hookup, and cable tv jack. The Premiums have a square picnic table and a cover that folds up over the grill. The Full/Preferred have a traditional rectangular picnic table and grill with no cover.

Hope this helps. :coffee:

Bama ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter