Sister Wives

It made it seem like to me anyway that they did live together.

I'm so sick of the love fest between Christine and Robin. They make it seem that Mari and Janelle are outcast. I think I read that Mykelti is getting married this weekend.

It made it seem like to me anyway that they did live together.

I'm so sick of the love fest between Christine and Robin. They make it seem that Mari and Janelle are outcast. I think I read that Mykelti is getting married this weekend.

Her wedding is December 17.

I find it "odd" that Kodi is preaching abstinence to Mykelti and Toni but they are ok with Caleb and Maddie living together? I don't get it. Logan and his gf mentioned last season that they would live together while at college also.

I find it "odd" that Kodi is preaching abstinence to Mykelti and Toni but they are ok with Caleb and Maddie living together? I don't get it. Logan and his gf mentioned last season that they would live together while at college also.
Have they shown Logan and that girl. I thought they would be married by now. I think sadly they don't like Tony. Where as they like the other kids choices. I could be wrong but that the vibe I get.

Well, Kody has a man crush on Caleb, so I think anything he wants is fine.

Have they shown Logan and that girl. I thought they would be married by now. I think sadly they don't like Tony. Where as they like the other kids choices. I could be wrong but that the vibe I get.

They haven't shown them this season. Just a glimpse of Logan when Mykelti announced her engagement. I don't think Logan's gf wants to get married quickly. If I remember correctly she's in school to be a PA...and he might be also???

Just got caught up on all of the episodes so far this season....Is it just me, or is Mykelti's fiance weird? I get creeped out every time I see him......
I'm betting he's the first guy to ever really pay attention to her and the relationship has just rolled like a snowball down hill. She certainly wouldn't be the first girl to go through that...

I highly doubt they are OK with it. But as has been beaten to death here on the DIS countless times, there's only so much control one can exert over adult children. I totally get them trying to impart their values on Tony & Mykeltie while there is still that opportunity. The "horse is already out of the barn" for Maddie and Caleb. There's nothing to be done but respect their choices unless they want to break relationship over their disapproval. (This is a fine - and painful - line many of us walk with our kids who seemingly reject the beliefs we've raised them in.)

I'm betting he's the first guy to ever really pay attention to her and the relationship has just rolled like a snowball down hill. She certainly wouldn't be the first girl to go through that...

I highly doubt they are OK with it. But as has been beaten to death here on the DIS countless times, there's only so much control one can exert over adult children. I totally get them trying to impart their values on Tony & Mykeltie while there is still that opportunity. The "horse is already out of the barn" for Maddie and Caleb. There's nothing to be done but respect their choices unless they want to break relationship over their disapproval. (This is a fine - and painful - line many of us walk with our kids who seemingly reject the beliefs we've raised them in.)

I guess I would expect them to make a bigger deal about it on the show since they keep talking about it with Mykelti and Tony.

I agree that he's the first guy to give her much attention and she just moved really fast after that.

I just watched that short they did where Mykelti and Tony announced their announcement and Kody started in about them "jonesing" for each other and their sex drives.

OMG, just elope! Run as far as you can from these freaks!

I only regret that this show will be long over by the time the 15th or so kid decides to get married. It will be fascinating to see if Kody keeps that behavior up over time.

Christine really bothers me the most, she's just so odd in her affect, almost "little girl" like. She doesn't have sugar for two weeks, so then cookie tasting sends her into a frenzy?!?

And when they had the older teens on the couch, I thought, who IS that older boy? It's odd how we know so much about a few, and so little about others.

And poor Janelle just wanting to go fishing when obviously the show's producers wanted her to join in on the crafting ;)!

I wonder if the kids get paid by the show, or only the adults (and if the latter, do they start to get paid once they become adults)?

Terri

What about the demand for payment of the honeymoon if they wait? I actually yelled, "Oh hell no" at the tv. Paying for anything would have come off the table right that second if it were me. This is a divorce in the making right here. And Tony is creepy as hell.

Madison ordering everyone around is grating on my last nerve. Yeesh.

eta: I wonder if Robyn has some PPD going on. She seems very unhappy and not like herself. They don't talk about the baby at all.

I also thought is was mean for them to say Meri didn't hold up her end having kids. I know they were playing but as someone who struggled to have children I thought it was cruel.

What about the demand for payment of the honeymoon if they wait? I actually yelled, "Oh hell no" at the tv. Paying for anything would have come off the table right that second if it were me. This is a divorce in the making right here. And Tony is creepy as hell.

Madison ordering everyone around is grating on my last nerve. Yeesh.

eta: I wonder if Robyn has some PPD going on. She seems very unhappy and not like herself. They don't talk about the baby at all.

I also thought is was mean for them to say Meri didn't hold up her end having kids. I know they were playing but as someone who struggled to have children I thought it was cruel.

I agree that was very mean to Meri, even if she did laugh along at the joke. She cried more than a few tears over that.

And the honeymoon thing? I thought that was awful. And it was a terrible precedent to set with so many kids in the family if they don't plan to do it for all of them.

Christine really bothers me the most, she's just so odd in her affect, almost "little girl" like. She doesn't have sugar for two weeks, so then cookie tasting sends her into a frenzy?!?

And when they had the older teens on the couch, I thought, who IS that older boy? It's odd how we know so much about a few, and so little about others.

And poor Janelle just wanting to go fishing when obviously the show's producers wanted her to join in on the crafting ;)!

I wonder if the kids get paid by the show, or only the adults (and if the latter, do they start to get paid once they become adults)?

Terri

The kids are suppose to be paid as well but who knows if the money actually makes it to them. Each state can set their own child filming laws and I'm not sure if they are protected by the SAG or anything like that but if they were in California or NYC they would have to put something like 80% of the child's money in a trust. Nevada does not have any laws protecting children in entertainment and neither does Utah so it is quite possible that the adults have taken all the little ones money and that could be the real reason we hardly see the over 18 year olds.

The kids are suppose to be paid as well but who knows if the money actually makes it to them. Each state can set their own child filming laws and I'm not sure if they are protected by the SAG or anything like that but if they were in California or NYC they would have to put something like 80% of the child's money in a trust. Nevada does not have any laws protecting children in entertainment and neither does Utah so it is quite possible that the adults have taken all the little ones money and that could be the real reason we hardly see the over 18 year olds.
I'm guessing a fair number of the kids are just over the whole thing.

I think Tony is riding this out in hopes of money. Mykelti wanted a small wedding and then when he finds out dad is paying he wants a big wedding with a guest list of 400 people. And even suggested he take out a second mortgage. He's up to no good. Dad pays for 400 guests, they get gifts from the guests. Cha-Ching!! And dad pays for the honeymoon.

I can see why Maddie is bossing everyone around. I have a big family who is very unorganized and late to everything. Once she gets older she'll just accept them for who they are and get over it but for that day she felt like she needed to wrangle them in.

And even suggested he take out a second mortgage. He's up to no good. Dad pays for 400 guests, they get gifts from the guests. Cha-Ching!! And dad pays for the honeymoon.

My mouth fell open when the second mortgage was said so matter of factly, like it was just expected. I don't have kids, but I can tell you, I definitely never thought like that when it came to my wedding and my dad. I tried very hard to keep costs down and try and pay for some things myself. And I can tell you my father would never allow me to blackmail him into paying for a honeymoon. Man, talk about entitled and manipulative.

I was fairly stupid and got engaged too quickly, I was 23 years old. I thought the vein on the top of my dad's head was going to explode when we told him we were going to get married after dating for only 3 months. I did set a wedding date two years in the future though. I did try and do the right thing there.

My mouth fell open when the second mortgage was said so matter of factly, like it was just expected. I don't have kids, but I can tell you, I definitely never thought like that when it came to my wedding and my dad. I tried very hard to keep costs down and try and pay for some things myself. And I can tell you my father would never allow me to blackmail him into paying for a honeymoon. Man, talk about entitled and manipulative.

I was fairly stupid and got engaged too quickly, I was 23 years old. I thought the vein on the top of my dad's head was going to explode when we told him we were going to get married after dating for only 3 months. I did set a wedding date two years in the future though. I did try and do the right thing there.

I think Mykeltie will look back on that comment more than once in her life and wonder why on earth she didn't run the other direction when he said that.

But hey, she's going on a nice beach honeymoon. Life is good. I guess.

She gave him the side eye when he mentioned that and said "take a loan for a wedding??"

Last edited:

I agree. That "little girl" thing just seems so contrived and I'm embarrassed for her every time she does it.

She also does that weird accent thing a lot that I just don't get.

And the "sugar high"? Really? I think she was going for that "little girl" thing again with that.

That said, she looks like she's losing weight so I'm happy for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter