Sister switched resorts on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like my "train wreck" thread. I just have to keep checking in because I'm really curious about what happens, even though I have nothing else to post.

And you might notice, that now the mods are moving the other threads which means all three will be on the same board. So much for posting everywhere.

I don't know about everyone else, but disney with the extended family is never perfect. It's hard to travel with others, no matter how close you are. Some space can be a blessing. They say that the best revenge is living well..so, enjoy your kids and husband. So many people couldn't afford to go to disney and stay at the Pop century. Try to put things in perspective, health first, then all the rest is icing. Don't get caught up in the nonsense and try to focus on your immediate family and the great opportunity you have to enjoy them.

I'm also just checking in to see if she's been back...
MDmouse you really worded that well.

I was wondering why all the threads were on the same board, but now i know that the mods moved them over..

I hope you called your sis OP it really is the best thing you can do right now.

As an aside to the OP, I say do your own thing! Forget your sister and just make your own trip. I know you had hoped to make it a family trip but it seems that is not in the works anymore. Go and enjoy your DH and kids and have a magical time.

perhaps changing from 8 to 5 park hopper tickets has been a mistake when they changed the reservation. maybe talk to her before you go - there is no other way round it. when you don't communicate things get so much worse - I know from experience!

I've been debating whether or not to throw my 2 cents in. I'm pretty new and feel funny about jumping in. Here goes- Please don't cancel your vacation and lose your money, I can't even imagine thinking like that. Obviously there are a lot of other issues going on that we don't know or need to know. Talk to you sister. Make sure your calm and try not to let it escalate to a fight. You may still not have satisfaction after talking to her but here what she has to say and then let it be over. The bottom line is that you and your family are GOING TO DISNEY! Think how many people would love to be in your shoes. I've also been thinking and without knowing all of the facts can sort of see both sides. I've agreed to things with friends/family and later really wished I had expressed my feelings and then didn't know how to get out of or change things. On your end it hurts when somone isn't honest with us. Just talk let it go and have a great time. If you can spend some time with sister's family great and if you can't oh well!

Definitely don't cancel your trip, but cut your sister out of your trip and enjoy your family at WDW. You do have to rectify the problem with the missing park tickets, though, because that's alot of money.

If you feel like treating your sister as she has treated you, you can try to change your travel dates and not tell her. Then your trip won't be tied to her and you won't feel like you have to do things with her. Of course your kids won't get to do things together, but it sounds like you might not be able to be cordial to your sister anyway. I don't know what kind of fees you will incur or if it's even possible, but I thought I would throw it out as an option.

I would be mad if I were you too, but don't trash a trip to WDW.

Go and have fun despite her. I know how sisters can be, can't live with them and can't live without them :confused3

SoosieQ said:
Go and have fun despite her. I know how sisters can be, can't live with them and can't live without them :confused3
Can't live with them, can't smother them with a pillow in their sleep... :rolleyes1

I think the missing hoppers are missing *days,* not missing actual passes. As in, she had 8-day passes and they were changed to 5-day. I know a lot of people are saying it's no big deal that the OP won't be staying in the same resort with her sister. And they're right, it's not. But that's not the main issue. Someone either told a big lie or made a huge mistake, and it can't be ignored if the vacation is going to happen for the OP. If the sister has been in charge of planning/paying for the whole trip, and she's been dishonest about this part, what else is she lying about? I'd be worried.

You can only be a doormat if you allow yourself to be a doormat!!!!

You need to stop posting this all over the DIS boards and call your sister.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!!

Wow, I would be fuming too if I were in your situation.

First of all, if you and your sister made these plans together, regardless who came up with the idea to travel together, she should have told you from the very beginning if she was not 100% happy staying at POP. Even if she was happy about it, but her DH wasn't, then she should have called you right away. I mean, what is the big deal? Of course you would have been hurt and upset had she called and told you that, but definitely not as hurt and upset as you are now!!!

Changing the reservations behind your back is just...there are no words for that, in my book. I mean, it is your/Dh's hardearned money that you gave her to pay for the vacation so you should be informed of a reservation change.

Having said all of this, I seriously do not understand why you have to get your husband and BIL involved. She is YOUR sister and YOU need to deal with her. Call her and talk to her about it calmly and see what she has to say. If it was meant to be a surprise for her from her DH - well, too bad at this point. He should have had enough sense to call you and fill you in on his plans, don't you think? How can you sit and wait to talk to her about this? I would have called her last night. The more you think about it, the angrier you will get and that won't help the situation at all.

Please call or go over there NOW and resolve this problem.

Oh, and another thing - don't let your sister ruin what could be a magical vacation for your kids. You know they'll love every minute of it and once you see how happy they are and see the smiles on their faces, you'll know it was the right decision to go on the trip anyway.

On the upside, if you don't go with your sister and BIL, you and your family can do whatever you want/whenever you want it without having to always discuss, argue and compromise about your next move.

Hope you resolve this very fast and keep us posted!

First, I'm so sorry this is causing you so much stress. :grouphug: Vacations are supposed to be fun and relaxing, yet it seems that often isn't the case when it's still in the planning stages. I'm the travel planner in the family, and we've done many extended family group trips with my dad, bro and sil, il's, aunts, uncles and various combinations thereof. And every time, I work my butt off trying to get all the arrangements just right so everyone will be happy, and without fail, they always change everything at the last minute. I mean, you'd think it was their vacation, too! ;)

Gillian said:
Connecting rooms is probably not a good idea in any case. Next door or down the hall is close enough, IMO!

LOL--we always make a point of specifically requesting NOT to have connecting rooms. In fact, we don't even want rooms next to any of our relatives. Same building, same floor, maybe, but not so close that we could hear each other through the walls :scared:

So go, have fun and try to make the best of it. It could be fun staying at separate resorts. Two different worlds to explore!

skipwick1 said:
You can only be a doormat if you allow yourself to be a doormat!!!!

You need to stop posting this all over the DIS boards and call your sister.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!!

I absolutely agree with skipwick1....and why has the OP edited every one of her posts? I think I just need to stay away from this thread before I say something I shouldn't!! ::yes::

Looks to me like we're never going to find out the real story.

And anyone reading this thread now must be really confused since the majority of the initial post was removed.

I wonder why she would edit her post?? :confused3 Was kinda hoping she would give us an update...

I truly hope everything works out for the good. :)

Yup, I'm confused. Wish I knew the OP's story, but since she edited it all out, all the replies make no real sense to me, so I guess I'll refrain from trying to offer advice, other than some general advice to the OP. Family issues should be worked out with the family, or a therapist, not a bunch of strangers on public forums.

Thanks for all of the great advice today! Well, my husband talked to my bil and it turns out that he was the one who booked his family in the Poly without telling us. He was going to surprise my sister. And boy, is she surprised, but not in a good way. I have spoken with her tonight. I told her how hurt we are and she is going to have him "fix" this however he can.
Again, thanks for all of the warm responses!

grimley1968 said:
The OP confirmed earlier that this isn't the case. She mentioned that their names are still down for Pop.
oops I guess that is what I get for not taking the time to read all teh posts LOL. Well in that case so be it go and have fun with your family. We take friends and relatives with us all the time and even if we do want to do things with them they don't have to be with us 24/7. We usually don't even stay at the same resorts together we stay where we like and they stay where they like.

I'm glad that things are prob. going to work out for the best!!! Have fun on your trip! :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter