Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

I don't really get much time to play anymore, but it's still good stress relief to zone out and play every now and again.

:thumbsup2 "ahmen" to that, when you haven't played in awhile and need to hit the right chords playing along with the radio... it is like ear/soul magic

Kinda like the visual feeling of walking down main-street and seeing the Castle, which might induce magical tears ....

Hey everyone, sorry I have been a bit away from this thread. Wedding planning has its drawbacks as I actually "have" to plan. Honestly, the hoops you have to jump through. I feel as though I am back at my high-stress executive assistant job. . .lol.

Anyway, wanted to welcome all the new faces around here. Feel free to start topics or random rants. . .that always gets the thread moving. You would be surprised at how many pages can be used up based on one simple comment or rant. This thread is about fun, so have fun.

Currently have an Alvarez solid top acoustic, Fender American Telecaster, and an old Ibanez SR bass. Recently sold my Ibanez 7-string Universe, and eventually I'll replace it for something I'm more comfortable with.

I don't really get much time to play anymore, but it's still good stress relief to zone out and play every now and again.

:thumbsup2

Right now I have a Gibson LP studio, "El Rojo"(aka "Freddy Fender") the Mexican Strat, an Epiphone acoustic and an Epi violin bass which needs to be fixed. They've been in a closet waiting to be played again, but other than the LP(and maybe the bass) I think I'm going to trade them in.
I started playing guitar again a couple years ago after almost a decade off. Took a while to build those calluses up.

Also just bought a Yamaha MOX8 keyboard that is awesome.

One thing I learned from the ladies I met on this thread is that alot of them want to move to Orlando but they can't afford to do it alone. So how many people here want to move there and maybe get a 3 bedroom apartment and be roomies? I think its a great idea spend a year living together and then you will know if you really want to live there.

Hey everyone, sorry I have been a bit away from this thread. Wedding planning has its drawbacks as I actually "have" to plan. Honestly, the hoops you have to jump through. I feel as though I am back at my high-stress executive assistant job. . .lol.

Anyway, wanted to welcome all the new faces around here. Feel free to start topics or random rants. . .that always gets the thread moving. You would be surprised at how many pages can be used up based on one simple comment or rant. This thread is about fun, so have fun.

DH and I decided a couple of days before the wedding that it would totally be worth it to pay DD16 $10K to elope when her time comes (and our wedding "only" cost $5K....coulda gone to Disney instead....even with a family of 7!). On his way back to the church from his 3rd trip home (fortunately less than a 10 min drive) he called and said "I think it would be worth at least $15K" lol

I remember noting a year or two ago in one of this thread's predecessors that it seemed like if you joined the thread you had to either be a nurse or a teacher due to the high numbers of both that we had in here.

It just goes to show, the more things change around here, the more they stay the same. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Well you just got another nurse joining.

Oh, another nurse.

(rolls up sleeve) I've got these red spots on my....

I'm deciding where to stay for my bday trip in April. I know I'm eating at Flying Fish for my bday dinner. Unless Be Our Guest opens up or I change to something else I've already tried.

sigh......... look at those eyes, and that smile... they make the Captain weak..:confused3pirate:

Eyes?? Smile? Are you feeling ok?? :confused3

Never, she be one of The Captain's favorites..

a gentle flogging will modify her behaviour :cool1:pirate:

Ok.... That sounds better. ;)

One thing I learned from the ladies I met on this thread is that alot of them want to move to Orlando but they can't afford to do it alone. So how many people here want to move there and maybe get a 3 bedroom apartment and be roomies? I think its a great idea spend a year living together and then you will know if you really want to live there.

"This is the true story... of seven strangers... picked to live in a house...work together and have their lives blogged... to find out what happens... when people stop being polite... and start getting real...The Real Disney World."

:rotfl:

Oh, another nurse.

Have you been injecting Pixie Dust with the dirty needles again??
:hyper:

Sounds good to me. When do we move?!

Well you just got another nurse joining.

YAY!

Oh, another nurse.

Its probably West Nile. Good luck.

More snow here tonight and looks like maybe Friday too, I thought that the groundhog didn't see his shadow! If it has to snow I'd rather it actually snow like a foot, at least it would be decent for sledding!

It has lightly snowed here the last three out of four days. It has also disappeared over the day. I hope it is snwing more upstate, tomorrow is a ski day!

:thumbsup2 "ahmen" to that, when you haven't played in awhile and need to hit the right chords playing along with the radio... it is like ear/soul magic

Kinda like the visual feeling of walking down main-street and seeing the Castle, which might induce magical tears ....

:thumbsup2

Right now I have a Gibson LP studio, "El Rojo"(aka "Freddy Fender") the Mexican Strat, an Epiphone acoustic and an Epi violin bass which needs to be fixed. They've been in a closet waiting to be played again, but other than the LP(and maybe the bass) I think I'm going to trade them in.
I started playing guitar again a couple years ago after almost a decade off. Took a while to build those calluses up.

Y'know, hopping back on my guitars is nothing like riding a bike. I still have the muscle memory where I can get most of chord fingering, but I can't remember what half the chords I'm playing actually are. Not to mention no calluses means crazy fret buzz due to my fat fingers ... oh and my rhythm somehow disappeared over the last decade :sad2:

I'm deciding where to stay for my bday trip in April. I know I'm eating at Flying Fish for my bday dinner. Unless Be Our Guest opens up or I change to something else I've already tried.

Flying Fish is excellent! I'm not even a seafood fan, but I had one of the best steaks on property at FF

Be Our Guest might not have ressies for a long time. They are booked out. . .lol. sorry

Eyes?? Smile? Are you feeling ok?? :confused3

Ok.... That sounds better. ;)

"This is the true story... of seven strangers... picked to live in a house...work together and have their lives blogged... to find out what happens... when people stop being polite... and start getting real...The Real Disney World."

:rotfl:

Have you been injecting Pixie Dust with the dirty needles again??
:hyper:

Hey you, go get married already. . .Hugs. . .miss you and your posts. Hope you two and Gus Gus will come for the shindig. . .

I would love to move to Orlando. I know that I want out of the cold here in Michigan and to the warm weather there.

Florida is great, but if I could live there, I'd be more likely to snow bird and rent January-March or something...I wouldn't care to be down there or have property there for hurricane season. That would send me into a panic. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter