Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

Lol. This thread is dead. Most of the people are married and off on their new adventure.

no. no. no. no!!! that is so not true, I will admit that we did have some of our mouse-loving friends have found their true loves but they would never leave us!

OK what happened to us!!??? we were the "the group" everyone wanted to be a part of and now....I miss you guys!! tell me what's going on in your world, what fabulous plans you all have for your next trip to Disney...I want to know it all so start dishin'!!!

We are still around, we are planning a Disney Cruise, so I have been hanging out on that board. We also share a lot more on Facebook, as you know, ;). I still pop into this board, but I don't recognize many people.

Lol. This thread is dead. Most of the people are married and off on their new adventure.

We really keep in touch with people on Facebook, it is so much easier!

OK what happened to us!!??? we were the "the group" everyone wanted to be a part of and now....I miss you guys!! tell me what's going on in your world, what fabulous plans you all have for your next trip to Disney...I want to know it all so start dishin'!!!

Well, a LOT has happened on my end. lol. My wife and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary in May, we have moved from Idaho, back to Vegas then to the Grand Canyon South Rim(long story on that one) and now have permanently relocated to Dallas, Tx in June and are planning on staying here for a good long time. Good news is that it's MUCH cheaper to fly to WDW from here! :banana: haha. I'm loving my new job out here, even if it doesn't pay as much as I was hoping it would. We are finally getting settled into our apartment and life is good! :hippie: We're hoping to go to Orlando around Christmas but we'll see what happens money wise as we have to move the rest of our stuff from Vegas soon. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hello!! :wave2:

New to the board but not to WDW. I've become quite addicted in planning my upcoming trip. Super excited!!

I saw this survey a couple pages back and thought it'd be a great way to introduce myself. (My gosh, I don't think I've done one of these since the days of MySpace!)

Is it easy for someone to make you smile? Totally
Tell me why you like the last song you listened to?
I had Fern Gully the movie on in the background while doing my Disney planning. Love that soundtrack.
What color are your eyes?
Hazel
What is the most attractive quality in the opposite sex?
An easy going and fun personality
Have you ever dated someone you met at WDW, DL or DISboards?
Not yet.
Where was the last place you fell asleep other than your bed?
On my friend's floor after we stayed up until midnight to book our FP+
How many people of the opposite sex do you fully trust?
Several
What would your name be without the first three letters?
Netta
Last thing you touched not computer-related?
Glass of Wine
What colors are you wearing right now?
Grey, red and yellow
Quote the last text message you got?
"I'm just kidding!! Did you choose the cartoon or did Steve"
Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
All of the time
Do you have older siblings?
Nope, I'm the oldest
Do you have a pet?? If so, what is the quirkiest thing it does?
Chai, my cat, loves to sit outside on the roof of the front porch and eat the leaves off of a tree.
Have you ever laughed so hard you cried?
Of course!
Do you look at the keyboard when you type?
Not usually
What are you listening to right now?
Since Fern Gully ended, all I'm listening to is the fan of the laptop. I should fix that.
What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
Singing in the Rain (I love when my local movie theater shows old classics!)
Do you laugh a lot?
Everyday
Are you ticklish?
Yes
What always makes you feel better when you’re upset?
Sleep
Have you ever been on a boat?
Big ones and little ones.
Last person you gave a hug to?
My friend and Disney traveling partner.
Where is your favorite place to shop for clothes?
Ross, Marshalls, T.J. Maxx
When you are home alone do you still close the door when you shower?
Nope
Name three things you plan to do today?
Well, it's pretty late so I should climb out of the Disney planning hole that I've fallen into and get to bed soon.
When is your next Disney-related trip and to where?
Nov 1st-9th to WDW - All Star Movies
What was on your mind most today?
TGIF!
Do you talk about your feelings or hide them?
Hide
Are you considered an introvert or extrovert or a little of both?
Introvert
What is your favorite IM method of communicating?
Facebook or Google Messenger
How long does it take for you to fall asleep at night?
10 minutes
Do you smoke?? Would you date or marry a smoker?
No and No
Do you drink?? Would you date or marry someone who drank or drank more than you? LOL
Having a glass of wine right now. I don't drink that much so it wouldn't be difficult to find someone who drinks more than I do.
Honestly, if you could rewind the last 12 months, what, if anything would you change?
I would have tried harder to exercise and eat right.
Do you already know what you’re wearing tomorrow?
Something comfy. It's Saturday!
What's for dinner tonight? I had a salad from Chipotle

Hello!! :wave2: New to the board but not to WDW. I've become quite addicted in planning my upcoming trip. Super excited!! I saw this survey a couple pages back and thought it'd be a great way to introduce myself. (My gosh, I don't think I've done one of these since the days of MySpace!) Is it easy for someone to make you smile? Totally Tell me why you like the last song you listened to? I had Fern Gully the movie on in the background while doing my Disney planning. Love that soundtrack. What color are your eyes? Hazel What is the most attractive quality in the opposite sex? An easy going and fun personality Have you ever dated someone you met at WDW, DL or DISboards? Not yet. Where was the last place you fell asleep other than your bed? On my friend's floor after we stayed up until midnight to book our FP+ How many people of the opposite sex do you fully trust? Several What would your name be without the first three letters? Netta Last thing you touched not computer-related? Glass of Wine What colors are you wearing right now? Grey, red and yellow Quote the last text message you got? "I'm just kidding!! Did you choose the cartoon or did Steve" Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew? All of the time Do you have older siblings? Nope, I'm the oldest Do you have a pet?? If so, what is the quirkiest thing it does? Chai, my cat, loves to sit outside on the roof of the front porch and eat the leaves off of a tree. Have you ever laughed so hard you cried? Of course! Do you look at the keyboard when you type? Not usually What are you listening to right now? Since Fern Gully ended, all I'm listening to is the fan of the laptop. I should fix that. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Singing in the Rain (I love when my local movie theater shows old classics!) Do you laugh a lot? Everyday Are you ticklish? Yes What always makes you feel better when you’re upset? Sleep Have you ever been on a boat? Big ones and little ones. Last person you gave a hug to? My friend and Disney traveling partner. Where is your favorite place to shop for clothes? Ross, Marshalls, T.J. Maxx When you are home alone do you still close the door when you shower? Nope Name three things you plan to do today? Well, it's pretty late so I should climb out of the Disney planning hole that I've fallen into and get to bed soon. When is your next Disney-related trip and to where? Nov 1st-9th to WDW - All Star Movies What was on your mind most today? TGIF! Do you talk about your feelings or hide them? Hide Are you considered an introvert or extrovert or a little of both? Introvert What is your favorite IM method of communicating? Facebook or Google Messenger How long does it take for you to fall asleep at night? 10 minutes Do you smoke?? Would you date or marry a smoker? No and No Do you drink?? Would you date or marry someone who drank or drank more than you? LOL Having a glass of wine right now. I don't drink that much so it wouldn't be difficult to find someone who drinks more than I do. Honestly, if you could rewind the last 12 months, what, if anything would you change? I would have tried harder to exercise and eat right. Do you already know what you’re wearing tomorrow? Something comfy. It's Saturday! What's for dinner tonight? I had a salad from Chipotle

Welcome Netta. This thread will pick up shortly on thinking when everyone checks in for the annual meet-up

Welcome Netta. This thread will pick up shortly on thinking when everyone checks in for the annual meet-up

I'm a bit confused. Is there a specific day, time, and place where everyone will meet up for this annual meet-up? It seems that everyone has separate plans, and I wasn't aware of a big group event.

I was just coming to check in and see how everyone was doing, and it looks like we finally killed the thread :(

But, just in case anyone still drops in, I thought I would check for input on a surprise I was thinking of for my hubby. We are going to go to WDW again in the fall, for an anniversary/40th bday trip, and so that I can *finally* make it to the F&W festivities. DH is ok with the trip idea, although he doesn't love Disney like I do. We will have to buy park tickets, and of course food. I was kind of thinking of surprising him and only spending 3-4 of our 7 nights at WDW, and doing a 3-4 day cruise with the rest of the time. And, I think we might just get a 1 day ticket to Epcot, to do F&W and spend the rest of the time relaxing :)

So, do we spend the extra for a Disney cruise, or just go with Royal Carribean? We have never done a cruise before (although we were both in the Navy, so we know floating at sea isn't a big deal for either of us, lol), so I think that is what I will plan on. DH doesn't have a passport, but from what I've read, he would only need one to get back in the States if he missed the ship, or was hospitalized. We plan to get him one eventually, but I would really love to keep this as a surprise, so I am not sure how to get him one quietly....

I haven't been on the DIS for a good long while ... just really swamped with work projects and trying to fit in daily life in-between. Didn't really know where to post my trip info so I figured I'd resurrect this thread once again ...

Anyway, it looks like I've locked in for this year's annual pilgrimage to the Food & Wine Fest. I'll be heading down to WDW Oct 21st - 30th. Like previous years, my parents are taking their RV down, and I'm going to fly down on the 21st and meet them at Ft Wilderness. Doing some stuff with my parents, and a bunch of other stuff solo. Pretty much the same yearly routine for me, but still looking forward to another F&W! Hopefully I'll get to meet a bunch of DISers like previous years ...

I'm going to try and find more time to keep up with the DIS, and get back to a more normal posting routine. I also really need to get used to the new DIS format :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter