Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

Sorry I have been out of the loop lately on here. My parents started their treck to Florida last week and the odd year curse hit again. The camper broke down in NC and they came home until the camper could get fixed.

I have been busy...sat outside last weekend in the chilly cold for a hockey game (Saturday wasn't bad, but Sunday was brutal with wind).

Just jumping in....

I agree that we should wait for the person who is right for us.....but I also get how frustrating it can be while we are trying to find that person.

Here to hoping we all find some sane, happy, Disney loving princes/princesses in the New Year!

:grouphug:

As far as the whole dating thing goes, it really is true that you never know when you will find someone. I used to dog POF, but then I used it anyway, lol. And there was this guy from POF that I mentioned on here (or, a previous version of this thread) that I was supposed to go out with, but was thinking about canceling because I thought he was telling me what I wanted to hear....well, apparently he did a good job because we got married last month :) The important thing, I think, is to figure out what is really important to you and find someone looking for close to the same thing. I'm 37, and was single for 4 years because I wanted to find my Mr. Right, and not just Mr. Right Now. I would have waited longer, if needed, to make sure I found someone who was right for me :)

This is awesome. Congrats! :D

I have been busy...sat outside last weekend in the chilly cold for a hockey game (Saturday wasn't bad, but Sunday was brutal with wind).

I don't mind colder weather, but these temps have been crazy the past few days. I've preferred cooler weather to warm in general, but when the temp drops below 10F, I've had my fill. I don't know how the folks in the more northern US get used to it. Looks like more reasonable upper 20s will start heading into the weekend

I don't mind colder weather, but these temps have been crazy the past few days. I've preferred cooler weather to warm in general, but when the temp drops below 10F, I've had my fill. I don't know how the folks in the more northern US get used to it. Looks like more reasonable upper 20s will start heading into the weekend

Sitting outside on Saturday with the temps around 50, it was gorgeous. Sunday the wind kicked up and we all had 3 layers on and blankets wrapped around us. I was supposed to sit outside at another game on Tuesday, but with the night time temps around the 10's, I wasn't going to sit outside again.

I hate the super cold. It's been brutal here and I've been feeling like I am dying (being sick has not helped). I definitely prefer warmer weather.

I would sit outside and freeze for hockey though! If the Winter Classic hadn't been cancelled this year, I would've been out there bundled up with all the crazies.

I have never been there, I may have to make it part of the list for this year

Sounds like a plan for the next meet.... A SSC Astro Blaster tourney would be a lot of fun. ;)

well when I get there in May, I will have to make a point of going to both...and yeah, let us know about the sushi...

They did a review on Splitsville and the Sushi on last week's podcast. It seems that it was pretty good, and they will let you also order "off Menu" since the official menu is geared towards the novice sushi types.

Hello everyone! New to this site and would like to join this chat! Nothing interesting for me to say right now but thought I would say hello!

:welcome: to the group!

What I find at age 36 is that there is no chance in finding what I am looking for in a woman .

I Call BullSh..... ;)

I'm not that much younger and recently managed to find someone. It'll happen, just don't stress too much and it'll come when you least expect it.

I will have to tell you all that in this thread alone, we have had several members find their prince/princess and I think that most of them said the same thing...so it is very possible for you all to find that one person who get's your love for Disney. so hang out with us here, have some cool conversations and meet some pretty awesome people...you never know when pixie dust will be sprinkled upon you!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

It is so great to see new people posting! Welcome to everyone. :wave2:

Agreed!

:welcome: to all the newbies who've recently joined the thread! We always love having new people join us around here, so feel free to pull up a chair and order up a drink. I'm sure we can find the bartender around here someplace. :goodvibes

New here, and I just read all 25 pages to catch up. Is there an award for that? :flower3:

I'm early thirties, but when it comes to Disney, I'm closer to 10 years old. Anybody going in September?

:lmao::lmao: We gave up LONG ago on trying to "catch" up on the threads. Our past several SSC threads (I think this is thread 4 or 5 now) had a tendency to move way too fast and be so topically ADD that it was almost impossible to keep up, and in just 3 or 4 pages we'd jump between 5-8 different conversation topics. :goodvibes:goodvibes

So the moral of this story, Don't feel like you need to be all caught up to get the most from this thread and the cool people who occupy it.

All depends on the "type" of date.

1. Day date. Would be a day at Epcot riding the rides, lunch and drinks at WS and watching illuminations.

2. Night date. Dinner at yachtsman following by jellyrolls. If there is a big game on we could go to ESPN instead ( yes im female and understand the importance of sports).

What if it's an all day date?

Funny thing, my first "Disney date" with my Fiance wasn't really planned as such, [was planned as just hanging out with a SSC friend on my arrival day], but it was a blast.

I arrived in Florida and headed off to EPCOT. She met me shortly after I got there.

We spent the late morning/Early afternoon going around the World Showcase enjoying Food&Wine goodies and the occasional ride and show. From there, we hopped over to MGM Via the International Gateway. Some rides at MGM.... and a visit to the Tune Inn for a real meal and more drinks. Then Back to EPCOT...and rode SSE on our way out of the park.

From there, we went over to my resort so I could check in, and get changed/cleaned up so we could go to Universal and Citywalk. We then spent the night club hopping and dancing around Citywalk until they closed.

All in all, a very enjoyable day.

Sorry I have been out of the loop lately on here. My parents started their treck to Florida last week and the odd year curse hit again. The camper broke down in NC and they came home until the camper could get fixed.

How was the Outdoor Classic? I would've loved to go, but sadly was in NJ during the game since I had other things that I needed to do. Thankfully, the NHL finally decided to stop *****ing and start playing this weekend... so I did get a hockey fix.....even if my team is off to a horrible start. Oh well....

How was the Outdoor Classic? I would've loved to go, but sadly was in NJ during the game since I had other things that I needed to do. Thankfully, the NHL finally decided to stop *****ing and start playing this weekend... so I did get a hockey fix.....even if my team is off to a horrible start. Oh well....

You're not the only one. The Wings are terrible this year and are having absolutely no luck with staying away from injuries/illness. Ugh.

It is ok the wings will never do as badly as the leafs :D

So cold over here in montreal that I am jumping back in tonight.

I was silly excited that the NHL was finally starting the season ... football and hockey are my sports to watch. Of course over the the week I've had the joy of watching the Flyers get hobbled with injuries already. Hey, they actually won a game last night!

It is nice to have hockey back. The Devils are off to a good start, so I am happy. Last time they had a short season, the Devils won the cup. Here's to another:banana:

The Wings are hurting big time without Lidstrom. I'm not so excited for this season, ha ha. Guess I will have to focus on my second hockey love, the Habs.

Flyers have a lot of injuries as well? It's hard with the season so short to make any sort of recovery if you fall behind in points. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Flyers have a lot of injuries as well? It's hard with the season so short to make any sort of recovery if you fall behind in points. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Flyers are destroyed on the forwards front. Hartnell is out for 4-8 weeks, and Briere is still hurting, as well as Rinaldo. Flyers also lost a defensemen last night. They're signing Mike Knuble today to help out, but with the short season who knows what's gonna happen next

Flyers are destroyed on the forwards front. Hartnell is out for 4-8 weeks, and Briere is still hurting, as well as Rinaldo. Flyers also lost a defensemen last night. They're signing Mike Knuble today to help out, but with the short season who knows what's gonna happen next

Well. We can wallow in misery together. All the Wings d-men are injured and our forwards aren't producing. Knuble was at our training camp. I like him. I also love Giroux.

I am actually surprised they're having a season. I didn't think it was going to happen.

Umm...it was ok...To me (which I sit right next to the Bears bench) I sat too far away from the rink. I could barely see the blue lines. We were on the west side of the stadium and we were about 30 yards away. We had a lot of fun on Sautrday at the Alumni game and that was really cool. The Bears lost in OT (just like last year). We sat there with the wind whipping at our faces and said to each other, "in the summer when we are complaining about us sweating...remember what we felt like there"

I am glad I went, but I don't know if I would do it again.

Now it is on to the AHL All Star Game in Providence.

The Caps are dealing with the the new coaches system which I have dealt with for the first 4 month of the AHL season. IT SUCKS!!! It is the most boring hockey you have ever seen and it is showing as they are 0-3!!!

I just read this morning that the Flower and Garden Festival is going to have

Specialty drinks will include:- Dole Whip with Spiced Rum

I have had many a Dole Whip but never with Rum :thumbsup2

I just read this morning that the Flower and Garden Festival is going to have

Specialty drinks will include:- Dole Whip with Spiced Rum

I have had many a Dole Whip but never with Rum :thumbsup2

I want one, no wait I want two with an extra shot of rum.;)

With all this hockey talk, I didn't have anything to contribute, but lets talk about drinks or shoes, and I am back in business.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter