Shutterbutton Photography Studio

Has anyone done the moving portrait and where is this studio located?

Haven't done it yet but going to on our September visit. We didn't do it last year as we were hoping to get the moving picture frame but all they had was a dvd in a tin.

The location is just across from Gringotts bank and the top of the street as you enter DA.

I booked Harry Potter package for DS and DDIL in July. It is complimentary with the package from July to December 2015.

Just did it last week. It's $70, but it's only a $40 if you prepurchase the photoconnect 3 day package. And they'll let you do the filming & watch 3 of the 12 segments before you decide to buy.

We are big HP fans. It looks like it's a cool thing to do, I'm just concerned about the having time to do it. We are going the second to last week in August. I would imagine going as early as possible is best. Did you like the quality?

FYI thinking of doing the 3 day plus Shutterbutton pacakge for 139.

We did it 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. My sister was actually just saying how when she has a bad day she watches it to make her smile. Going in Dec with DH and I know we'll do. I'll be interested to see if they have the same movie or if there are more or different choices.

We did it when we were there the first weekend of November last year, which was a somewhat busy weekend because of the earlier hurricane and the addition of the Halloween nights. We had no wait at all and we went in the middle of the day, there was no one else in there.

Overall, I'm very happy with it. I'm a little annoyed about a few minor things, the worker who did ours was really rushing (even though no one was waiting) and didn't explain things well to the kids (ages 8 and 13) so a lot of our scenes are just really off, like the frog jumps out and then it's a good 10 seconds later before the kids jump in surprise.

I wish we would have been allowed to review all the scenes before purchasing, we would have redone it. They will only let you see a few scenes, which they choose. You don't get to see the rest until you go home and watch the DVD.

You probably already know this but don't wear any green. I was wearing my slytherin robe and when I turn around my back disappears in the scene, it's kinda funny looking.

I want to add that the worker we had doing ours seemed like she just really didn't want to be there at all. She also seemed surprised when we purchased ours, I'm guessing they get a lot of people who do it who don't actually buy it (though I'm just guessing, I don't know that for fact). My advice would be to tell them up front you are planning on purchasing and politely ask them to take their time because you want it to look nice. I bet that would make a difference, especially if you come off very kind to the worker.

I have heard a bit about this. Is it just a short film? Do they do photos as well? Is there a good link to a description of what you get/can get?

try this link and if it doesn't work just google shutterbuttons. You stand in front of a green screen and the worker tells you how to act and where to look, then you get a DVD and a digital download of the short video (about 2 minutes long) that is made to look like a moving picture wizard photobook. Theres not a lot to it but it's super cute if you are a potter fan.

Just did it last week. It's $70, but it's only a $40 if you prepurchase the photoconnect 3 day package. And they'll let you do the filming & watch 3 of the 12 segments before you decide to buy.

Really ?! this is great news, I wanted to do this for my son's 11th bday trip to universal but, was having trouble justifying cost !!!

can you get the discount for the shutter buttons video directly at the park?
I booked the 3day photo package with my trip
trying to see how to get a discount to add on

I would get the annual photopackage for 139. How much is the shutterbuttons to just buy it?

Someone posted about it and shared their video
Check for the thread here
It was lovely

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter