Show Me the Cupcakes!!!

Just got back from the World and had an amazing pineapple/coconut cupcake at Sunshine Seasons (sorry if already covered I searched thread for pineapple). I didn't take a picture, but I can tell you it was fabulous. Best cupcake I had on my trip by far!

Ok, so I accidentally found this thread, and now I am deliberately posting my plan.

We go at the end of August and are one the Deluxe Dining Plan. I know that we will be full from all the food, but I will at least nibble on a few of them. Our breakfast that we have planned for our DHS day is snack credits buying cupcakes. Not a breakfast I would normally allow, but when on vacation... :lmao: gotta live a little on the edge and outside the box.:rotfl2:

I have mine already picked out and the kids are now getting excited since I showed them this thread. they are like "Mom, you're really gonna let us have a cupcake for breakfast?", I was like "IN Disney, sure!!!" They were like "WOOHOO!!!!!" :woohoo:

We have never had any cupcakes in Disney besides the usual celebration ones that some restaurants give you when there is a birthday or something that you list on your ressie. Now I will begin to live the real cupcake life... :lmao:

Any other coconut cupcakes besides the ones they had at Easter? I love me some coconut cream :cloud9:

Cupcakes from Art of Animation's Landscapes of Flavors

Oreo Mickey Mouse Cupcake:
IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

Macaroon Cupcake:
IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

Both pretty boring, but moist and sweet. Tasty, just rather plain.

So I am just back from my trip and I was not able to try all of the cupcakes that I wanted to but I did get to a few. I tried the infamous Red Velvet cupcake from Hollywood Studios which was so delicious, I really liked the frosting. I also had the cappuccino cupcake and Darth Vader cupcake from there. As far as chocolate cupcakes go I liked the Darth Vader cupcake better, it had great peanut butter frosting. I also tried the vanilla caramel cupcake from the Germany pavilion and the smores cupcake from Wilderness lodge. I think that is all of them that I got to try and maybe next trip I can try more because they were all really good.

I caught on to the cupcakes last year but we only mangaged to try the ones at Starring Rolls....it was tough to convince DH that he HAD to have one as his dessert. We got the Red Velvet, PB chocolate and the Butterfinger. Red Velvet was the, hands down, winner. We also intended to go to the Contempo Cafe but never made it.....Dole Whip at the Poly won out that night.:rotfl: Real shame that we didn't get to try more....we were on the QSDP. Normally, we wouldn't get many desserts.

This year, thanks to this thread, we will have several new ones to attempt. I'm really hoping to get to visit AoA just to have a look around but after seeing 'The King'.....I'm sooooooo there.

Speaking of Contempo Cafe, I highly recommend the Dos Leches Caramel Cupcake. Yellow cake with a caramel frosting, hollowed out with some liquid caramel inside that oozes out like a molten lava cake. Super sweet, my wife hated it (too sweet), I thought it was the best dessert I had on the whole trip. I went back for another one later in the week. :)

You seriously need a cafe press store or something like that, because I would buy a poster of this in a heartbeat! :lmao:

What a fun tool for a cupcake hunt! Man, I thought I'd covered around 80% of the Disney cupcakes, but this shows me that number is closer to 40%. :laughing: Caribbean Beach Resort, really?! Well, cupcake hunting is a tough job but luckily we're all up for it, right? :thumbsup2

If you do end up making a poster, I would love to buy one! It is so creative and colorful! ;)

Just wanted to let you all know, thanks to your brilliant suggestions, the "Cupcakes of WDW" graphic is now available as a poster in my etsy shop! I don't think I'm allowed to post the link, since I'm selling it, but my etsy id is in my signature, or feel free to PM me!

Those Art of Animation cupcakes are so cute, what a pity they're not more exciting!

Speaking of Contempo Cafe, I highly recommend the Dos Leches Caramel Cupcake. Yellow cake with a caramel frosting, hollowed out with some liquid caramel inside that oozes out like a molten lava cake. Super sweet, my wife hated it (too sweet), I thought it was the best dessert I had on the whole trip. I went back for another one later in the week. :)

Oooh, thanks for the info. We love caramel and will be at the CR on our last day so I think some of those luscious goodies will be flying home with us! :banana:

Just wanted to let you all know, thanks to your brilliant suggestions, the "Cupcakes of WDW" graphic is now available as a poster in my etsy shop! I don't think I'm allowed to post the link, since I'm selling it, but my etsy id is in my signature, or feel free to PM me!
Those Art of Animation cupcakes are so cute, what a pity they're not more exciting!

Well, are you the one who did all of that for the Disney Food Blog? I saw it there and I must say that you did a beautiful job on it. Thanks! :thumbsup2
I have been to WDW for more than a dozen times and NEVER knew about these cupcakes. But don't worry fellow Disers; I'm going to more than make up for that injustice when we go for Christmas this year!
BTW, I'm still working on my handmade 'Cupcake Transport Container', so don't think that I've forgotten you peeps. As soon as it's done I'll be posting pics and instructions here in this thread for all of you. :thumbsup2

Well, are you the one who did all of that for the Disney Food Blog? I saw it there and I must say that you did a beautiful job on it. Thanks! :thumbsup2
I have been to WDW for more than a dozen times and NEVER knew about these cupcakes. But don't worry fellow Disers; I'm going to more than make up for that injustice when we go for Christmas this year!
BTW, I'm still working on my handmade 'Cupcake Transport Container', so don't think that I've forgotten you peeps. As soon as it's done I'll be posting pics and instructions here in this thread for all of you. :thumbsup2

I am the one who did the cupcake infographic that was on the Disney Food Blog -- I actually made it for my blog and they shared it over there, which was fantastic. :goodvibes Glad you like it -- and I know, new cupcakes seem to be cropping up every day. It's tough to keep track of them all, but hey, it's definitely a worthwhile mission we're all on! :thumbsup2

VERY interested to hear about your cupcake transport container as well...some Disney bakeries have really good cupcake to-go boxes, but others have nothing at all...:worried:

Just a little FYI. I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond and they had a cupcake keeper. I do not know what the official name was or the price. It was made of plastic, it was shaped liked a cupcake and it seperated into two parts.

Just a little FYI. I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond and they had a cupcake keeper. I do not know what the official name was or the price. It was made of plastic, it was shaped liked a cupcake and it seperated into two parts.
I got those containers and they are way too small for most of the cupcakes. Maybe not if you aren't trying to save the whole thing but I tried putting one of the dhs red velvet cupcakes in one and it was way too small. I don't know if all places have them but I got some great to go containers from roaring forks at wl.

Parents are down at DHS went into Starring Rolls and asked for a Red Velvet Cheesecake CC and they were told they havent had them for awhile??? Is this true or did they get aCM who was clueless?:confused3

I got those containers and they are way too small for most of the cupcakes. Maybe not if you aren't trying to save the whole thing but I tried putting one of the dhs red velvet cupcakes in one and it was way too small. I don't know if all places have them but I got some great to go containers from roaring forks at wl.

The Contempo Cafe also had the great to go containers for their cupcakes. So it's simple -- buy a bunch of the caramel cupcakes there, eat them all, rinse out the containers, and then you're all set for the rest of the trip!!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

The Contempo Cafe also had the great to go containers for their cupcakes. So it's simple -- buy a bunch of the caramel cupcakes there, eat them all, rinse out the containers, and then you're all set for the rest of the trip!!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

I haven't been to the Contempo Cafe, but I bought a German Chocolate Cupcake at the Beach Club Marketplace. Here's the container:
BeachClubMarketplaceGermanChocolate12012-1.jpg

I don't have a picture of the Starring Rolls cupcakes, but here's a Peanut Butter Cupcake from the Main Street Bakery:
MainStreetBakeryChocPB2012.jpg

Even if I had washed out the cupcake container from the Beach Club Marketplace and taken it to the Magic Kingdom with me, the Peanut Butter Cupcake would have been much too tall for it. As I recall, the Starring Rolls cupcakes are at least as tall as the Peanut Butter Cupcake.

Thanks to this thread, we heartily enjoyed Butterfinger cupcakes while watching the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS. Yum!!!

My DD wanted to chime in here that she thinks the brownies (with their thick layer of fudgy icing) at Starring Rolls are just as good as a cupcake, if not better!

Anyone know if the smores cupcake is back at Boardwalk Bakery? We're leaving in 2 weeks and my niece and I are on a cupcake mission! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter