Should we make a server request?

feiste

DIS Veteran
Anyone want to tell me their favorite severs that we should possibly request for our cruise next week? Seven Day cruise, Six Adults Four children. Thanks!

I wouldn't bother making a request. We never have and have had wonderful servers on each of our 3 cruises. Even though we loved our severs on our last cruise we won't be requesting them on our Oct. '04 sailing. We'll take what we get and I'm sure they will be great.

I think you should request your server. We did on our last cruise and it was great. It had been almost a year and Wis actually remembered us. The assistant server ( Plamen) we had last year had been promoted to server. They actually fixed it so he could stop by our table and say hi too. It was very special and we will ask for Wis again on our next cruise.

But I agree with the idea that they are all very good anyway. We just requested it when we got on the ship and they made it look like it was no problem. We kept our rotation but they brought Wis over to our table.

Our servers were okay,not great. The cruise was fully booked and we were happy that our table was changed to a table for 5,so we did not request a particular server. But I would recommend making the request,with the understanding they may not be able to accomadate you,as a great server IMHO makes a world of difference to teh overall cruise experience.

We always request our favorite server. We have tried to request in advance (as instructed by a head server) and have been told by DCL that they can't take such requests. However, we go to "Dining Changes" after we board, and are always able to switch to his tables.

If you don't know anyone, I'd probably just take pot luck. We've had many good servers....if there is a problem on the first night, ask to be switched. Chances are excellent that your server will be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter