Should I request anything specific for Pop?

chipper10

Disney Obsessed
We are staying at Pop Century September 12-19 this year. It will be our first trip in over 2 years and our first trip since having our son.

Is there anything that we should specifically request at Pop? We did not pay for a preferred room. Is there a particular building or floor that is nice?

Thanks for any help!

It depends if you want location or quiet. The lake side of 70's or 50's are nice and quieter but a little further away from food court and bus. The closer 80's building is kind of close to food court and bus but you may have a view of the parking lot. Check out the map at:
www.wdwinfo.com/maps/PopCenturyMap.pdf

First floor may be louder with more people moving around outside but other than that I can't say there is much difference.

IMO you should be fine wherever you end up. The inside of the rooms are all the same (maybe different colors and wallpaper themed for the decade but all nice). The outside doesn't really matter which building you stay in. You just walk around and look at it all.

The only thing I would suggest is that you request a room NOT facing one of the pools. They tend to be quite noisy, even late at night.

Other than that, I personally wouldn't waste the money on a preferred location. All of the buildings at Pop are pretty close to the main area (a 5 min walk at most) and some of the standard rooms are actually closer than the preferred ones.

We stayed in the 50s "tramp" building on the lake side on the ground floor. It wasnt loud being on the ground floor in that area at all. In fact, we were very appreciative of being on the ground floor because climbing stairs after a day at the parks would have been awful. Our view was of the lake and it was very peaceful and there were always ducks and rabbits around the outside of our room.

This was the view from our door.
IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

We were in room 3115.

The pool was also fun and the walk to the busses wasn't bad at all.

The only thing at our recent stay at Pop Century that I requested was a king bed which I got. We were in on the first floor of building two in the 50s section. We did face the bowling pin pool. Everything would have been perfect (the pool noise was not that bad considering we have a school bus stop in front of our house and those kids are out there at 6:00 AM - the pool was a break!) except for the screaming Banshee next door.

Actually with Pop Century over the years, I don't request anything. The only bad room we ever had was when we were "upgraded" to a preferred room because of a mix-up on the reservation. Hated that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter