should I bank my points now?

pirateeast

Mouseketeer
Not sure if I can make this clear or not but will do best I can.

Just bought into DVC, SSR Feb use year. I will not be useing my 2004 points for vacation this year, but will be useing them for cruise/disney stay in june of 2005. (yes have read about renting and useing cash, but i'm not looking to get into that anytime soon). With that I would be makeing ressys for the 05 trip (11 month window) 1st part of July of 04, banking deadline july 31st 04, So should I wait and bank em use em during that call for ressys or should i go ahead and bank them now? Leaning towards waiting till I book but wanted imput from you guys that know so much.

pirate:

I'd wait as long as you can, simply because it's a permanent transaction and you cannot "un-do" the banking if your plans change.

You can do it either way, but no need to make the extra call. Bank your 2004 points into 2005 and make your 2005 ressie all in the same call. Be sure you do the banking first though, so MS knows what you are doing BEFORE you do the ressie.

It doesn't really matter. As long as you call MS and ask to have the 2004 points banked before July 31, you'll be fine. You can do it now or when you call in July to make the June 05 ressie.

I do agree with tjkraz, though. I like to keep my options open as long as I can, too. Never know when you might want to change your mind! :teeth:

P.S. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter