Shawna & Bo's Disneyland PJ - 8/26/12 - Email Question

Woohoo, congrats on your win!!! Have fun!!!!

What type of meeting are you having on Saturday and who is your planner?

Woohoo, congrats on your win!!! Have fun!!!!

What type of meeting are you having on Saturday and who is your planner?

Thanks. Tomorrow we're meeting with Kelly and having a site tour... I don't know if I can sign paper work yet because we're (as of right now) 17 months out... but I can't wait!

Just tuning in! :)

Woop woop well congrats on you big win! :banana: Have a good one!

XXX

So, on Saturday we met with Kelly and had a site visit. It was interesting because she started the consultation off with... "So, you guys have your guest list at 75 people? How firm is that number?":confused3
Uh, we're a year and a half away and since it's a vow renewal, we haven't really committed to telling all of our friends about this. :rolleyes1
So, she tells us about the Wonder Garden room, and how it will hold 40-80 people (maybe more with the kids) and then proceeds to tell us how it's under construction and we can't see it.
But she does show us these:
P1060776.JPG

P1060777.JPG

Which are really nice, neutral colors which would TOTALLY work with our whole "keep moving" theme.
(The reception location is nailed down since we both really want the coach, and the only way we are getting that is through the Rose Garden.)

THEN she proceeds to show us the Trillium room. :worship:
It's gold and red.... (did you see my invites?) and the new linens:
P1060787.JPG

Perfect, right? We'll, she said we'd have to up the minimums since that room is designed for more people.

Ah... the choices. We are still throwing around the numbers because hubby doesn't want the "disney" part of the wedding (ie, just the food, the ceremony, and the coach) to be more than $15k, including tax. Since we are paying for this whole shin-dig ourselves, I totally see his point. ;)

So, it's what to do... pay more for the nicer room and have more people? (Ideal) Or, be conservative and go with the sensible option and keep our guest list trim?
:scratchin

It's funny because most people think, we'll I'm only getting married once. For me, however, that's not true. We don't need this wedding. We're already married and we have 2 little girls that family have met through holidays and other weddings. This is totally MY thing. It's the dream wedding that I didn't get. This all makes me think one of 2 things: do it all out or not at all! :lmao:

Ooooh, I'm so glad you posted the swatches for the new Wonder Garden room! I've been anxious to see what it looks like because we may move our reception there.

Our invite list is 82 so we booked the Trillium to be safe. If you book the Trillium you have to commit to a $8000 food/drink minimum if you have a lunch reception. I'm sure Kelly explained that. So it would be very tricky to stay below DF's budget after the 30% tax and tip charge if you go that route.

Ooooh, I'm so glad you posted the swatches for the new Wonder Garden room! I've been anxious to see what it looks like because we may move our reception there.

Our invite list is 82 so we booked the Trillium to be safe. If you book the Trillium you have to commit to a $8000 food/drink minimum if you have a lunch reception. I'm sure Kelly explained that. So it would be very tricky to stay below DF's budget after the 30% tax and tip charge if you go that route.

30%!?! I thought it was 21%?!? (We're engineers! We have spreadsheets!:rotfl:)

I also wanted to add, congrats on your vow renewal and happy planning!

I'm getting married at the DL Hotel this summer and it's really interesting to see the different venues that they use for different-sized parties (we're 100+) and what will be available after all the construction is completed.

Thanks also for posting a pic of the new GC linens. Kelly didn't know what they would look like yet when we were down at our planning session in January. It looks like they're a shiny red/green? Definitely matches your invitations!

21% service charge + 8.75% sales tax!

Yes, as I was falling asleep last night... I figured that one out. :rotfl2:

I also wanted to add, congrats on your vow renewal and happy planning!

I'm getting married at the DL Hotel this summer and it's really interesting to see the different venues that they use for different-sized parties (we're 100+) and what will be available after all the construction is completed.

Thanks also for posting a pic of the new GC linens. Kelly didn't know what they would look like yet when we were down at our planning session in January. It looks like they're a shiny red/green? Definitely matches your invitations!

Yeah, the linens are a burgandy color, but they shimmer. So they'll kinds take on any color that is in the room. And yes, they totally match my idea for the wedding, but I'm totally flexible. I'll tell ya what would make me really unhappy: a bill that I'd be paying off until our daughter's wedding. :scared1:

I'm still here!

Serriously, a busy month. We still haven't made the deposit for the wedding yet, but I feel like we are very close. I've taken a break from wedding stuff lately because I've been looking at houses...:cool1:

I'm really trying to talk DH into one that's in Orange, which is close enough so that we can see Disney fireworks every night. Besides, that would make wedding planning so much easier!

I have a really good reason why I haven't posted in several months. Actually, I have LOTS of reasons (but not all of them are REALLY good.) Let's start with the minor offenders:
1a) Children. My elder DD, Jo, had her birthday in June and we went up to LA to the American girl palace. It was tons of fun, but I never want to do a 5 hour drive between LA and San Diego ever again.
1b) Children. My younger DD is doing speech therapy. Because she refuses to talk. Not because she can't talk, but she refuses to.
2) The house. Why can't it be easier to sell my stuff on ebay? And why can't I just donate it? Argh.
3) Work. Need I say more?
4) Our trip to WDW. See
5) My Matron of Honor. Ah. Wedding-related stuff... we were getting here soon nuff. I called my friend back in April (after my last post) and told her about the wedding. She said she'd have to look at her schedule and get back to me. And she did. She proceeded to tell me how a wedding was a terrible idea for us. We are already married and should spend the money on vacations and not on a wedding. We have 2 daughters and I can live vicariously through them.... blah, blah, blah. What it came down to is that her and her husband (these are the girl's Godparents!) don't want to come.
6) DH. I told DH about what my friend said and he said that she had some logical points. (WHAT?!?) And maybe we should wait to do a wedding... Huh? And that we should find a house... with a yard. (Okay, what does this have to do with the tea in China?)
which leads me to...
7) My guilt. We are already married. And I just want a wedding for me. I want to wear a dress when I'm not pregnant. And I want to make a speech to all our friends and family about why I love DH and why I will choose to spend the rest of my life with him. I really just want that. At Disneyland. Is that too much to ask?
So, all summer I've been working on items 1 through 7. And then just this past week, I got a very cryptic "I agree" from DH. I said, "You agree? Is that like, I do? What exactly, are you agreeing to?"
DH just taps his wedding band and repeats "I agree." So, I am back to submersing myself in a wedding fantasy!

I'm glad that you're working everything out! Other people's opinions are great and all (your girls godparents) but in the end you just have to do what is best for your and you hubby, since you guys will be living with the memories. I'm excited to see what you start planning in these upcoming months :goodvibes

You have such a cute story! I'm totally subscribing. I'm sorry your MOH had you feeling guilty, I think it's completely reasonable one of my bridesmaids as well as my grandmother makes snide remarks about how much money DF and I's wedding will cost and how WE should be spending the money too, So I feel your pain. I am so glad things worked out for you though and I can't wait to hear all of your plans and congrats on winning the trip to WDW!

After a WONDERFUL sit down with DH :love: we've decided that we can't have a wedding without guests.:lmao:
He is really worried that we are going to spend all of this money, and no one will show up. Like I stated earlier, our dear friends don't want to come down; and we have family that would need to fly in, SO.... what about an escape package?!? Still totally awesome, right? :thumbsup2
The deal is, I don't want to start Family Wars. I caused a big hoopti-doo when we did it the first time. So, what ev. But, I know that there is a really nice way to put "feelers" out there. I was thinking an email (facebook might be an option?) to see if people would want to travel to come and see us.
I know that others have done this before... any advice?
I was thinking:
Hello Family and love ones!
We sure miss you. How about a get together? DH and I were pondering about renewing our vows at the end of next summer (August 2012) in Orange County. Would you like to join us?

Wadya think?

Hello Family and love ones!
We sure miss you. How about a get together? DH and I were pondering about renewing our vows at the end of next summer (August 2012) in Orange County. Would you like to join us?[/COLOR]
Wadya think?

Just joining in!! Love your story and glad you are getting your VR!! :wizard:
Love the idea of sending an email to feel people out and see who is interested! Looking forward to what you go with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter