Shawna & Bo's Disneyland PJ - 8/26/12 - Email Question

Shananana

Mouseketeer
OMG!!!!!!! I just found the "THEME" for our wedding. :cloud9:
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Disney

As you will soon come to find out, both hubby and I (yes already married) LOVE to travel. Originally, I wanted our reception tables to be named after the cities that we've traveled to... New York, St. Louis, OKC, etc. Now, I'm on to countries. :rotfl:

Anyway, I've always wanted a "travel" themed wedding, but it just doesn't seem like it's "us." However, our mantra around the house is "keep moving." AND WE DO! Literally, it's been 4 homes in the past 5 years! AND we have had two darling princesses in the process. So, now, my new thought is keep moving forward...

And on we go.

First question: Are you coming?

Me: Shawna, currently 29. Grew up next to Disneyland. Thought I would meet my future husband there. (didn't!) Didn't start thinking about wedding until AFTER hubby asked me.

Him: Bo, currently early 30-something. (Can I give your age away on the inter-web???) Engineer by day, prince charming by night and awesome Dad all around.

Us: Met in college, when I was 19. HATED each other. Just grated on each other nerves, but hey, the attraction was there. One day, a little too much tequila... yeah. Well. That leads us to the "friends with benefits" stage. That lasted about 2 weeks until he introduced me to his grandfather as his "girlfriend." We then had the "so, we're a couple now?" speech, which ended in him saying "Well, I do plan on marrying you one day." :eek: Uh, hun, we've only been "dating" for 2 weeks?!?

Six months later, we have a ring picked out. (Bought it in Hawaii... will show pics later.) BUT, since we are both still in college, we wait. And wait. And graduate. And wait all summer... And then my cat dies. :sad:

Yeah, hubby did WAY too good of a job consoling me, because 9 months later, we had DD #1 - Josephine, who will be 6 in June. So, my first wedding was a shotgun wedding (although it was beautiful) during my 2nd trimester. We were short on time, short on budget, and just plain exhausted when it came to wedding plans. So, no big wedding for me.

We had planned on doing a reception after the baby came, but there were complications, and I ended up spending the first month of her life in the hospital. I realized then that no wedding would ever come close to the bond that now existed in the form of this precious little girl. I really didn't mind that I didn't have my big party... what was important was that our daughter remained healthy and we gave her a safe and loving home.

So we did. And hubby and I grew together from our experiences. Since we are so young, and live in California, we both had to go back to work after she was born. I tried going back to get a Master's Degree, but that didn't work out. It was too much of a struggle trying to live off one income, plus grad work, plus full-time at home mommy duties. So I went back to work again. We moved around the state again, and had another daughter in 2009.

Now, it's our seventh year anniversary next year (2012) and we are planning for the VR and big reception party at Disneyland, just like I've always wanted... (since 2005.)

So, I sent out save the dates last time, and they were so cute; a postcard with a road, and they were initially for August, 2005. I even bought invites. So much for the best laid plans.
Anyway, I just found my old invites. As a new bride, and A LOT going on, I ordered too many (about 150.) I think I thought, well, I'll need 1 invite per person. ?!? Or, maybe there was a minimum order of 150. Yeah, yeah. That has to be it.
Anyway, here they are:
P1060403.JPG

The final will look like this:
P1060401.JPG

With extra info:
P1060402.JPG

And I just can't hide it!
What? Did I just sign a contract? Plan my next Disney trip? No. nothing so substantial. I am happy about trivial things:
1. It's Saturday. I get one more day before trekking to work in my wonderful asphalt-filled commute.
2. I went over bills with DH and we have enough money to pay them.:cool1:
This is AFTER we just got the bill back from our Disney Panama Canal Cruise. Yes, yes. Even after going on our 15-night magical journey, DH is convinced that we *may* have enough money for a Disney wedding next year.
Silly hubby, didn't you know that we would do this even if I had to take out a personal loan?

Cool, sometimes you have to celebrate the small victories in life!

The invites are pretty! Are your colors pink and orange? Those are my colors, too. :goodvibes

Cool, sometimes you have to celebrate the small victories in life!

The invites are pretty! Are your colors pink and orange? Those are my colors, too. :goodvibes

No; I think my colors will be burgundy and gold, but I'm not married to them. :lmao: (Sorry, I'm REALLY funny in my head.)

I think with the kids and the them of "keep moving forward" I want to do weird and random things. Like, I won't have paper for the information cards; I'll have vellum. I'll post pictures once the final is complete.

So, I posted elsewhere that I got some carriage push-cars for a $1 from the disney store.:cool1:
DSCF4538.JPG

And, I also fell in love with vinylmation, jr. So, I bought a whole box!!!:rotfl2:
I'm so excited again!
DSCF4536.JPG

And in wedding-related news, we went to the DLR yesterday. DH wasn't to impressed with the rose garden.:confused3 He said that it was very generic. I always thought that the rose garden was my dream venue, but if DH doesn't like it, I don't know what I'll do! :sad2:
I guess I'm totally open to another site on Disneyland grounds, but we'll see what he says when we do our tour next month.

Of course he wasn't impressed with it, it's not in bloom! Show him some pics of the garden in full bloom and I'm sure he'll love it. Still, compared to the other options within the DLR, it's still the prettiest location, I think.

Those carriages are really cute! Are you giving them as favors?

And Fat Tuesday, at that. I love :lovestruc Tuesdays. Don't ask me why. My youngest was born on a Tuesday, and now she'll be 2 next week!
I was poking around the boards and I realized that I need my photographer! (Since he's been my friend since I was 12, I think he'll pencil me in? :lmao:)

Here's some samples of his work:
Wedding photo

My eldest Daughter during Christmas, 2008

Whadya think? I think he's a keeper!:cool1:

Okay. I can hardly contain my joy. :banana: I have BIG news, but I don't wanna share it just yet, but we'll see. :cool1:

Please stay tuned. popcorn::

WE'RE GOING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!

:cool1::rotfl2::banana:

I won a sweepstakes, and while I don't have the tickets in hand (yet,) I did sign the affidavit and fill out the w-9. The tickets will only pay for the room, but it's the Hilton, right next to Epcot. Oh I'm so excited!

And, this was the day before my baby turned 2. :woohoo: So, we had a cute birthday party at Chuck E Cheese and the kids had so much fun. We'll be going to Disney over the summer, and since the room is paid for, we can even go on a weekend. Hubs and I haven't told the girls yet; we're leaving it as a surprise.

Awesome month! Oh, and I have my first meeting with my disneyland planner this Saturday. I'll keep you all updated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter