Several AP questions

mamamelody2

DIS Veteran
My husband and I have 15 month seasonal APs which we activated June 12, 2020.
How do I find out when the expiration date is? I googled and it said it should show on the UOR app, but it doesn't.

We are going March 4-11. I want to upgrade to the power pass so we can go to US the 5th and 6th which are concert dates. Can I do that at my resort (Cabana Bay) or do I have to go to guest services at a park? If I am upgrading 2 APs, do we both need to be there, or can one of us do both?

We bought our APs before the 2020 price increase. So I think they were $300, but now they are $350. Power pass is $400. Would I pay $50 or $100 to upgrade?

Would the upgrade screw up the expiration date? Making it default to the 12 month date, not the 15 month?

I had the same thought as what Minnie 1222 posted but then I wondered if you had a typo for date listed

If you have used the ap June 13, 2020, then what Minnie 1222 posted is correct

Once you have gone to the parks and used your ap June 2020 ap, it would be invalid now

If you bought the pass 6/2020 and have not used it, it has not been activated yet.

Do you see your APs in the App at all? If you go to the wallet, you can scan it in. At that point it should show the expiration.

I would think your AP has the value of a current Seasonal, so should be $50 each to upgrade. But I would suggest chat or calling to find out.

Reactions: AJA
Do you see your APs in the App at all? If you go to the wallet, you can scan it in. At that point it should show the expiration.

I would think your AP has the value of a current Seasonal, so should be $50 each to upgrade. But I would suggest chat or calling to find out.
I get confused where to find the expiry too, it requires a few buttons.
Log into the app, go to wallet, hit the arrow of your AP, then ticket details. It should say 9/12- or 9/11- '22 for you.
I have no experience w/upgrade, but nothing in the wallet shows when you bought or how much you paid, so I'm guessing $50 also.

We are going March 4-11. I want to upgrade to the power pass so we can go to US the 5th and 6th which are concert dates. Can I do that at my resort (Cabana Bay) or do I have to go to guest services at a park? If I am upgrading 2 APs, do we both need to be there, or can one of us do both?

We bought our APs before the 2020 price increase. So I think they were $300, but now they are $350. Power pass is $400. Would I pay $50 or $100 to upgrade?

Would the upgrade screw up the expiration date? Making it default to the 12 month date, not the 15 month?
The last time I had to upgrade an AP was in 2019 so things may have changed. I was able to do it at the hotel without the presence of the AP holder. They took the old AP card and issued a new one with a different color. Sorry I don't have an answer to the price difference or the 12/15 month issue.

You can do the upgrade at the hotel, but if there is a question / issue with 12 vs 15 months, you'll have to go to guest services at the parks to fix it.

THANK YOU. I did not realize I had to scan them in. It showed 2 15-month seasonal passes, but they were just generic. I scanned them in and now I see an expiration date of September 13. The generic ones are still there, though, so it looks like we have 4 passes, not 2. Oh well.

You can do the upgrade at the hotel, but if there is a question / issue with 12 vs 15 months, you'll have to go to guest services at the parks to fix it.

Very glad to hear I can do it at the hotel. I will just hope the expiration date doesn't get messed up. Thanks so much for your help!

I did something similar a while back (preferred with promo upgrade to premier). When I went to do it, I verified that it wouldn't impact the expiration date and the TM agreed. But then it did impact the date and GS had to manually adjust it. So I'd check once you upgrade regardless that it doesn't impact the date. Idk how to link to other posts, but I did post about my experience last July :)

As for the cost, you should pay the difference between the current cost of the pass you have and the current cost of the pass you're upgrading to.

Very glad to hear I can do it at the hotel. I will just hope the expiration date doesn't get messed up. Thanks so much for your help!
You can do it at the hotel IF it is paid in full. If you're on a payment plan, you can only do it at GS in the park. I upgraded mine from seasonal to preferred for the free parking at a non-UO hotel with a UO desk. I paid the difference between the current value of the seasonal pass and the current value of the preferred pass. What I paid was irrelevant (which is good because I bought before the price increase).

You can do it at the hotel IF it is paid in full. If you're on a payment plan, you can only do it at GS in the park. I upgraded mine from seasonal to preferred for the free parking at a non-UO hotel with a UO desk. I paid the difference between the current value of the seasonal pass and the current value of the preferred pass. What I paid was irrelevant (which is good because I bought before the price increase).

Perfect, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter