Services that people rave about, turn out to be the pits

Can I ask what kind of prices the pieces from Stitchfix are? I'd love to try it out, but don't want a box with $70 shirts and $100 jeans.

You're prices are close. Shirts maybe lower but jeans/pants around $80-$110
Yeah, that. I think I had a jacket that I really liked in one box that was $200ish and I was *so* close to buying but couldn't stomach it.

I only came away with shirts. One of them had some sort of embellishment that ended up coming off after a few washes, so that was great too. :rolleyes:

I tried Gwynnie Bee through Swag bucks a while back. I guess it is like Stitch fix only you pick out your clothes. You fill your online closet and they randomly select something. You wear it as long as you want, you can either buy it at a discount or send it back. They clean it and send you something different.

I actually loved it. But I wasn't prepared to pay the extra money for it when I really have enough clothes. I have received many compliments on the one dress I had to buy though.

One more thing, as far as I know it is only available in sizes 10 and larger.

I must have the one Target where in-store pick up works well, LOL ... it also works well at my local Best Buy. (at least it has for me -- and I use the service fairly regularly)

I appreciate Kroger clicklist, but it's taken me some time to get used to the quirks that seem to effect my store. I'd rate it a solid B+ ;)
  • I have never, not once, had an order where everything on my list was in stock. My store is great about substitutions, and I've never not come out ahead with what they offer. Only once did they sub something I asked for no substitution, and it wasn't a big deal.

• it doesn't take too long at my store ... but it's not a quick pull in & get out process, either.

• I love, love, love not having to schlep cases of water, soda, beer, etc. in & out of the cart, van, etc. It's my favorite part.

• our store recently added same day pickup, which is a game changer for me.

I picked up my Clicklist order today and she said within days they are switching over to paying online instead of with the ipads so the pick up process will be faster. I had no substitutions or out of stocks with me $80 order this morning.

I must be really lucky because I drive 45-50 minutes to use both the Walmart grocery pickup option and the Dillons (Kroger) clicklist. Mind you, to get to the closest of either one of these stores, I have to drive 35 miles anyway, so what's another 15-20 minutes of driving to the bigger town so I can run other errands and NOT have to take 3 kids (plus one due anytime) into the store?!? I've always had great service with both of ours and the food quality has been just what I would pick. I just got done with my 2 week of groceries pick up a couple days ago and both places had me loaded up and ready to leave within 10 minutes of arriving at the stores. I have had a few substitutions brought out, but at both places, the attendants brought out the substitutions and asked if it was acceptable and they have never charged me more, even if the substitutions are a larger size. The Walmart I go to also always brings us out either a free sample bag or suckers for my kids. I have another friend who uses a different Walmart for her pick up and they don't do that there, so must be store management :confused3 but, I've always been pleased. Plus, I really like shopping online to price compare and it saves my budget because I tend to be a grabber if something looks good--it's really bad while pregnant too HA and I always spend more if I have my kids or DH with me...the only thing I would like is if I could use coupons at Walmart, but the Dillons (Kroger) service allows me to, so if I have a good coupon, I will just purchase it from there.

The Walmart pick-up is fairly new, and not rolled out in every store. It might never be in some stores--our current Walmart, they used an existing door on the side of the building, but where I used to live, I just don't see how the Walmart could add this (smaller, and built into a strip of stores--maybe around back?). So, they are still working out kinks, and a lot seems to depend on the staff at a particular store. I like ours, even though there have been a few glitches, but I encourage people who have had difficulties to take their surveys and tell what went wrong--they really do seem to care. One day, the manager even came out to ask me my thoughts, and I was honest about minor problems I encountered. I just love the concept--Walmart prices, without having to schlep through the entire huge store.

Big box stores in general. But specifically Costco, Bimart. I still have a Costco card, left over from my college days. But it's mostly entertainment (free samples) and gas (I could get the same price down the road if I had the forethought to get cash). And clothing wise, I've found that you get what you pay for. I don't get enough for the price of bras at VS or shirts at Walmart or outerwear at Costco.

Hulu. I just don't get my money's worth. Very rarely do I follow shows religiously, and in that case, I buy a season pass on iTunes. Costs me less than Hulu.

I do on the other hand get my money's worth on Netflix and Blue Apron. I can cook without Blue apron and I recognize its limitations. BUT it generally keeps me out of a rut, doesn't mean wasted leftovers, and it also stops me from eating out so much (I hate grocery shopping).

Yeah, that. I think I had a jacket that I really liked in one box that was $200ish and I was *so* close to buying but couldn't stomach it.

I only came away with shirts. One of them had some sort of embellishment that ended up coming off after a few washes, so that was great too. :rolleyes:

I had a similar issue. I contacted Stitch Fix and they gave me a refund for the item. So customer service was good in my experience.

Toys R Us store pickup is the absolute worst. While I'm happy to be able to guarantee that the items I need will be in store (even at good sale prices), they put the kiosk in the back of the store (so I have to schlep through the whole store with my kids) and they take FOREVER to respond to the pick up request and find my items. Seriously- it's usually half an hour. I use store pickup for Target/Walmart/BestBuy and while they aren't always the quickest, they all seem to work better.

Spotify wasn't worth it for me either. Same with XM Radio. I used it with the free trial when we bought the car, but couldn't justify spending for it. The best part of XM was the Broadway station, since it was different from what I can find on the radio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter