September W.I.S.H. - Back to Basics

Today I’m thankful that I woke up today and it’s a new day!

I’m thankful for my families health. With the reopening of schools, we’ve seen a big jump in positive Covid cases. Thankful that my family, so far, has stayed healthy.

I’m thankful that my body is able to do workouts each morning and then handle the stress of each day in kindergarten! I’m one exhausted person by the end of the day! Last night I fell asleep mid sentence in my book.

Yes, grateful for the health of family and friends. And elderly relative contracted covid last month, but recovered quickly. So thankful for the vaccine which surely saved her from complications.

Grateful to spend time with family-had a lovely day Tuesday with my daughter and grandson.

Grateful friends still teaching are off to a good start. There are some objections to the mask mandate, but so far everyone is being civil and cooperative.

I'm hoping to be grateful for a good dental appointment today, but it's not until 3:00, so right now I'm just nervous about how it will go. (I'm having the rest of the wisdom tooth that broke early in the summer removed.)

I am grateful for good insurance, because they told me copay is only going to be $45.

I'm hoping to be grateful for a good dental appointment today, but it's not until 3:00, so right now I'm just nervous about how it will go. (I'm having the rest of the wisdom tooth that broke early in the summer removed.)

I am grateful for good insurance, because they told me copay is only going to be $45.
Hoping all goes well. I’ve never felt discomfort from any procedures, but I am always a nervous wreck until it’s over!

So thankful for this week. The weather has been amazing. My trusty little car has been so happy on the road. I’ve been to two places I really enjoy.
Yesterday the drive up Highway101 was amazing. It took me thru the town my Dad’s folks retired to, which I knew from looking at the map, but the emotions took me by surprise. And it was such a beautiful drive along Hoods Canal and thru the foot hills of the Olympic Mountains.

Had my sauna and soak last night and went to a farm where they have you pick flowers and got dahlias and zinnias. Today it’ll be walking along the beach, going to the little aquarium, shopping in town and going to the museum. I meet my Niece for dinner at one of my favorite places.

Last night when I picked DS up from his soccer game, he coughed most of the way home. This morning he was still coughing so we kept him home. I am thankful that our school has at home test and I was able to semi quickly get him tested. I am thankful that it was negative. I also have an appointment for him this afternoon to get the better PCR test just to make sure. I am thankful that he is feeling fine. Just a cough and some congestion.

Now if we can just get the masks mandated here. We went from 2 cases last week to 22 this week in the whole district. It is a small number in the grand scheme of things but that number went up quickly. I am not happy with DS's soccer coach. Masks are required on the bus. He doesn't in force it. They got caught. He told the kids that they still didn't have to wear them but to just sit down in the seat so the camera's can't see them. He is also throwing some major tantrums when they lose a game. He asks like a baby and doesn't come to the next practice or tells them that he wasn't going to come. It has been a wonderful season so far 🙁

8FCADE9B-E338-4B6F-B04A-5175B247DBED.jpeg
I wanted to share this idea my daughter used with those of you parenting or teaching little ones. There are so many wonderful children’s books featuring hedgehogs. She used the silk leaves you can get at craft stores in packs of 100 for a bulletin board.

I am thankful I got all the kids out then door on time today and that dd had a good first day of preschool.
I am thankful my boss is very chill about me having to periodically duck out to run to my parent's nursing home or lawyer during the day.
I am thankful my city is having its arts and crafts fair this weekend, an annual May event that has been on hold since 2020.
I am thankful for finding you all and your positivity in the often negative world of the internet.

Today I’m thankful that I woke up today and it’s a new day!

I’m thankful for my families health. With the reopening of schools, we’ve seen a big jump in positive Covid cases. Thankful that my family, so far, has stayed healthy.

I’m thankful that my body is able to do workouts each morning and then handle the stress of each day in kindergarten! I’m one exhausted person by the end of the day! Last night I fell asleep mid sentence in my book.
Oh my goodness! The level of physical and mental exhaustion is beyond! I always say, if I could be left alone to teach, it would be so much easier. All of the professional development, assessments, deadlines, new programs, is so overwhelming...and I'm a veteran teacher. The newbies are absolutely floundering.

It sounds like you are handling it all amazingly well!

I have been awake since 3:00 AM. The first 30 minutes I genuinely tried to get back to sleep. By 3:30 AM, I was catching up on work emails.
View attachment 603671
Sorry :hug:
I was up until 12:30 listening to our school board meeting, which included a lengthy (and not very respectful) discussion about an exception form for the PA Dept of Health’s mask mandate in schools. While it’s intended for those who truly have health issues (including mental health issues), it sounds like it’s going to be used as the loophole for anyone to not wear a mask. Basically I got less than 5 hours of sleep and woke up crying. Check on your kids teachers. I feel complete burnout on day 7! It’s going to be another really hard year!

I was up until 12:30 listening to our school board meeting, which included a lengthy (and not very respectful) discussion about an exception form for the PA Dept of Health’s mask mandate in schools. While it’s intended for those who truly have health issues (including mental health issues), it sounds like it’s going to be used as the loophole for anyone to not wear a mask. Basically I got less than 5 hours of sleep and woke up crying. Check on your kids teachers. I feel complete burnout on day 7! It’s going to be another really hard year!
:hug:🙏 I don't have words.

I am so sorry. Board meetings here have been pretty bad too. One a couple of cities over lasted over 3 hours and the community was just nasty to the board or anyone that spoke in favor of the mask. You should not feel burnt out on day 7. I hope things turn around and get better.

DS had his doctor's appointment last night. They do not think he has COVID. Just a regular run of mill cold. We did still have him tested to be on the safe side. Since we don't have the results yet of the PCR test done at the doctors we have kept him home today as well. The good news is he feels fine. Just a cough and some congestions. We are keeping him home from soccer tonight and possibly band as well. Band will depend on the test results and how he is feeling today. And then we will see how tomorrow goes. He has a soccer game and a band festival thing. Both in the afternoon.

DH and I both woke up this morning with a bit of congestion. It was cold last night so could be from that but I think we might have DS's cold. My nose started to hurt yesterday and feels like it did in March of 2020 when I had a sinus infection. It is not that bad yet so hoping it just goes away. Surprisingly DD is good. She is mine that seems to get everything that is going around at school. Crossing my fingers that it stays that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter