September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

heathrow42 said:
Is this list different or the same as the list that is coming together on the facebook page?

--Heather

Nope it's the same. I just have the info posted in both places so everyone can participate :)

Where the gifts on the Jan cruise the same as Sept? If different what were they?

dizzydee70 said:
Does any one know how many people do the fish extended program:grouphug:
I can't wait for the cruise. :dance3::cheer2:

Thanks for reminding me I was supposed to check that for someone. I'll get the number for you soon. It's just we are ate WDW on vacation and we keep getting back to the hotel room late :)

:wave2: Just a heads up I won't be back in town until the 23rd but here is a current count for the FE List ... 6 rooms (12 Adults, 3 Children). If you want to sign up please let me know. :cheer2:

Just submitted my request to join!

We (George & Lisa) just submitted our request from facebook to join the group too.... This will be our 3rd member cruise and our 4th time with Disney.. We have not been on the new ships, looking forward to a new adventure...We will visit family & friends before the cruise and hope to get a studio @ OKW for a few days and then HH on the way home.. We are looking forward to the vacation & all the great people we met... From Fredericksburg Va

Originally Posted by Hollywood Glitter
I can't wait to meet all of you!!!
Just want to remind everyone about the facebook page..
facebook.com/groups/377464089007772/

We (George & Lisa) just submitted our request from facebook to join the group too.... This will be our 3rd member cruise and our 4th time with Disney.. We have not been on the new ships, looking forward to a new adventure...We will visit family & friends before the cruise and hope to get a studio @ OKW for a few days and then HH on the way home.. We are looking forward to the vacation & all the great people we met... From Fredericksburg Va

Welcome!

I was living in Fredericksburg 3 years ago during "snowmageddon." Thankfully, back in Orlando now!

Welcome!

I was living in Fredericksburg 3 years ago during "snowmageddon." Thankfully, back in Orlando now!

They were calling for it again on Thursday, but as usual the weather men missed the ship.... all we got was rain. HOWEVER the temps are dropping and the wind is picking up; I would hate to be on the Mall Monday morning it is going to be bitterly cold... Thanks for the welcome and Hope to meet you ‘all...

Hello everyone!!

Just disembarked the Fantasy this morning. What a trip! I've decided Jan is NOT the optimal cruise month. We were blessed with really great weather but the seas were rough both on the trek down and back. JQ is convinced the ship is not the same since Hurricane Sandy.

We stayed at the Hyatt precruise and will post a mini review.

We are at WDW tonight and will be home tomorrow. Decided to try out the Art of Animation resort for our one night stay and it's so so. We're in the Little Mermaid section - just a short "drive" from the lobby. Too bad we didn't rent a car! :lmao:

Took our PAP's to the Studios today and it was MOBBED!!! I don't know what the heck they were giving away, but the crowd level was waaaay above a 10!! Felt like we were at capacity. Fastpasses for RnRC were gone by 1. The bleachers for the lights motor action were completely filled the same way it was when the show first opened. I haven't seen the parks this crowded since attending a July 4th celebration 17 yrs ago.

Glad to see you guys have kept our thread active all week!!

dvc deernut: love the idea of a food and wine marathon. I've tried to eat around the world twice now and have yet to succeed. So bring it on!!!

Lorelai71: :welcome: Glad to have you with us!!

gmcmah and mdwoodman: all this talk of snowmageddon made me panic and check the weather back in NJ!

Hello everyone!!

Just disembarked the Fantasy this morning. What a trip! I've decided Jan is NOT the optimal cruise month. We were blessed with really great weather but the seas were rough both on the trek down and back. JQ is convinced the ship is not the same since Hurricane Sandy.

We stayed at the Hyatt precruise and will post a mini review.

We are at WDW tonight and will be home tomorrow. Decided to try out the Art of Animation resort for our one night stay and it's so so. We're in the Little Mermaid section - just a short "drive" from the lobby. Too bad we didn't rent a car! :lmao:

Took our PAP's to the Studios today and it was MOBBED!!! I don't know what the heck they were giving away, but the crowd level was waaaay above a 10!! Felt like we were at capacity. Fastpasses for RnRC were gone by 1. The bleachers for the lights motor action were completely filled the same way it was when the show first opened. I haven't seen the parks this crowded since attending a July 4th celebration 17 yrs ago.

Glad to see you guys have kept our thread active all week!!

dvc deernut: love the idea of a food and wine marathon. I've tried to eat around the world twice now and have yet to succeed. So bring it on!!!

Lorelai71: :welcome: Glad to have you with us!!

gmcmah and mdwoodman: all this talk of snowmageddon made me panic and check the weather back in NJ!

Welcome back. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences!

Welcome to the cruise gmcmah! :welcome:
I'll add you to the roll call.

GMCMAH - Welcome aboard.

JQ & PI
Welcome Back. Anxious to hear about your trip. You guys should be hitting Gold status here soon!!!:thumbsup2

GMCMAH - Welcome aboard.

JQ & PI
Welcome Back. Anxious to hear about your trip. You guys should be hitting Gold status here soon!!!:thumbsup2

Hi Kris and everyone,
It's so nice to be back home with the 20 degree weather. We really lucked out on this cruise with temps in the 80's. Castaway was a bit chilly and windy in the morning but it warmed up nicely for the afternoon.

We went to Magen's Bay by taxi in St. Thomas and were not impressed at all. The beach, which used to be showcased in the top 10, has dropped considerably over the years. The two "ladies" running the beach rentals were the shadiest things on the beach. Poison questioned their method and motive for wanting too much info on a $5 cash deposit. What an operation they have going. We just sat on towels.

Old San Juan, on the other hand was surprisingly beautiful. From the narrow streets to the historic spanish forts this was by far our favorite port on this trip and we will not hesitate visiting again. We hopped on the free tram and toured Castillo San Cristobal on our own for a whopping $6. The sail out that evening gave us some fantastic views and pics of the island.

Also, all three of our at sea days were fairly rough seas, especially at night in the cabin.

We did the Remy and Palo brunches and Palo dinner. Remy wins in our book with Palo brunch a close second. We got a little tired of the dining rotation and toward the end felt a little compelled to be there for our servers who were excellent.

We're not "gold" yet. This was cruise #3. Our fifth will be the Dec. 4th Magic out of Miami, which is the date they wanted to use for the dummy cruise we booked while on board.

Johnny Quest said:
Hi Kris and everyone,
It's so nice to be back home with the 20 degree weather. We really lucked out on this cruise with temps in the 80's. Castaway was a bit chilly and windy in the morning but it warmed up nicely for the afternoon.

We went to Magen's Bay by taxi in St. Thomas and were not impressed at all. The beach, which used to be showcased in the top 10, has dropped considerably over the years. The two "ladies" running the beach rentals were the shadiest things on the beach. Poison questioned their method and motive for wanting too much info on a $5 cash deposit. What an operation they have going. We just sat on towels.

Old San Juan, on the other hand was surprisingly beautiful. From the narrow streets to the historic spanish forts this was by far our favorite port on this trip and we will not hesitate visiting again. We hopped on the free tram and toured Castillo San Cristobal on our own for a whopping $6. The sail out that evening gave us some fantastic views and pics of the island.

Also, all three of our at sea days were fairly rough seas, especially at night in the cabin.

We did the Remy and Palo brunches and Palo dinner. Remy wins in our book with Palo brunch a close second. We got a little tired of the dining rotation and toward the end felt a little compelled to be there for our servers who were excellent.

We're not "gold" yet. This was cruise #3. Our fifth will be the Dec. 4th Magic out of Miami, which is the date they wanted to use for the dummy cruise we booked while on board.

JQ, PI, Henlady and all the other original cruisers- miss you guys
JQ we loved San Juan as well. My kids even got a junior ranger badge from Castillo San Cristobal since it is a National Park :) We wanted to zipline but they were sold out. Probably a good thing the way my knee was feeling.

Sea were rough for us to. Zigzagged down the halls but slept like babies!

We did not feel compelled to go to main dining- certainly didn't have servers that made you feel special. Usually have amazing servers but it made it an easy decision for us to adjust our schedule and eat when we wanted.

Brought a virus of flu level home. I had a fever for four days. Better by Christmas and then day after got food poisoning. Ugh. Made me thankful for my usually good health. Plus my knee reals better than it has in a year from all that rest.

One of the things I made for FE gifts was wristlet keychains made from DCL lanyards. I will post a picture. I am sharing this idea because maybe someone on your cruise would like to make them. It is a great way to reuse something that most people never use. I will post a picture. As a matter of fact when I read that someone say they toss some out I decide to go on a mission. I will take lanyards people don't want and in exchange make them a couple lanyard wristlet keychains. I didn't have enough lanyards to make one per person. So couples had a "fight" about you got it. Lol. So I am hoping to have enough for everyone next cruise:)
8268082944_fc5be07fe8_m.jpg

It looks like this is going to be an amazing cruise. I am sorry that we were not able to stay on but we were blessed to be able to do 7 night last month that was a total surprise

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

JQ we loved San Juan as well. My kids even got a junior ranger badge from Castillo San Cristobal since it is a National Park :) We wanted to zipline but they were sold out. Probably a good thing the way my knee was feeling.

We did not feel compelled to go to main dining- certainly didn't have servers that made you feel special. Usually have amazing servers but it made it an easy decision for us to adjust our schedule and eat when we wanted.

Brought a virus of flu level home. I had a fever for four days. Better by Christmas and then day after got food poisoning. Ugh. Made me thankful for my usually good health. Plus my knee reals better than it has in a year from all that rest.

One of the things I made for FE gifts was wristlet keychains made from DCL lanyards. I will post a picture. I am sharing this idea because maybe someone on your cruise would like to make them. It is a great way to reuse something that most people never use. I will post a picture. As a matter of fact when I read that someone say they toss some out I decide to go on a mission. I will take lanyards people don't want and in exchange make them a couple lanyard wristlet keychains. I didn't have enough lanyards to make one per person. So couples had a "fight" about you got it. Lol. So I am hoping to have enough for everyone next cruise:)

It looks like this is going to be an amazing cruise. I am sorry that we were not able to stay on but we were blessed to be able to do 7 night last month that was a total surprise

How did you make these?

How did you make these?

I cut the lanyards into strips (12 inches works nice). I cut 7/8 inch satin ribbon for the back because I think it is nicer against skin than webbing and the lanyards are already strong like webbing. Red looks nice with most designs of lanyards (however I think I did silver on the back of most silver and platinum lanyards). I ironed7/8 inch Heat-n-Bond on back of the ribbon. Peel the paper off and iron ribbon onto the lanyard. Make a loop. I add a glue square or E6000 to secure ends. Clamp the key fob hardware over the ends. Squeeze closed with pliers but protect the metal with an old towel or t-shirt.

You will want to order 1 inch key fob hardware from ebay or amazon.

Super easy! Looks amazing! Now all the unused lanyards find a purpose:)

Hi Gerber,

Nice to hear from you. Yes, I think San Juan has as much or more to offer than some of the other regular ports of call. Very interesting history with alot to do and see. More for us than just beach and snorkeling.

Walking in the hallway was fun at times, but nothing we couldn't handle. Our servers were good, but going to dining every night got to be a little old for us.

Great idea with how to use the lanyards. I'm sure we have a few for you, we don't like to wear them. We are really looking forward to this cruise with our family and new friends we've made during this whole process.

We are sorry you didn't get to stay on also. Maybe you can make the Dec. 4th Magic from Miami with a stop in Key West. Should be alot of fun. BTW, how did you like the inside stateroom on the 7-night?

Johnny Quest said:
Hi Gerber,

Nice to hear from you. Yes, I think San Juan has as much or more to offer than some of the other regular ports of call. Very interesting history with alot to do and see. More for us than just beach and snorkeling.

Walking in the hallway was fun at times, but nothing we couldn't handle. Our servers were good, but going to dining every night got to be a little old for us.

Great idea with how to use the lanyards. I'm sure we have a few for you, we don't like to wear them. We are really looking forward to this cruise with our family and new friends we've made during this whole process.

We are sorry you didn't get to stay on also. Maybe you can make the Dec. 4th Magic from Miami with a stop in Key West. Should be alot of fun. BTW, how did you like the inside stateroom on the 7-night?

Dec 4th would be magical :)

It was Really nice having two staterooms but I don't know if we would do inside again especially on a 7 night. The magical port hole was nice but the lack of natural sunlight in the room I think got to us just a tiny bit. I think if you are on the claustrophobic side or tend to like fresh air circulating- it probably isn't the best choice. Plus it seemed germs had nowhere to go by the end of the cruise. Lol. The stateroom attendants took turns with sick days and others filling in the whole week. Hmmmm...wonder why we all came home sick. We will probably go back to verandah rooms but willing to try a porthole with real sunlight :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!