September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

Wow JLSE50,
I just saw in your signature that you've been on some great "bucket list" cruises. Your way ahead of us. The Med, Alaska, Hawaii, and the Panama Canal are all still in my bucket. Hopefully over the next few years I'll achieve a couple.

Were you on deck 2? It was very quite. Nice location. Loved our Stateroom hostess. Loved the virtual portholes. I think the main concern was with all the sickness around and no fresh air and my daughter is one that needs sunlight.

We were on deck 8 forward cabin 8517. It was an inside stateroom cat 11.

Here's a few photos

our cabin was on the corner of the exterior and interior stateroom hallways.

looking toward the exterior hallway
IMG_7751_zps927f9524.jpg

view of interior stateroom hallway

IMG_7753_zpsddc90457.jpg

view of exterior hallway from outside our stateroom

IMG_7720_zps376b6848.jpg

this last photo is what we saw every time we walked out our stateroom door to venture off somewhere. Reminds me of my father's favorite line when he talks about the May 2011 cruise on the Dream "long hallways"!!! (we were deck 8 aft in a 6B then)

sometimes there were half a dozen carts in these halls! Tight to get passed if you had a stroller or wheelchair.

I have many photos of the interior of Cat 11B/ Cat 6B (adjoining)/ Cat 4B staterooms on Deck 8 if anyone is interested.

Also have photos of our Hyatt precruise stay; Palo and Remy Brunches; the Rainforest room and spa lockers and shower; Castaway Cay and many more. Let me know what you'd like to see and I'll be happy to assist.

We were on deck 8 forward cabin 8517. It was an inside stateroom cat 11.

Here's a few photos

our cabin was on the corner of the exterior and interior stateroom hallways.

looking toward the exterior hallway
IMG_7751_zps927f9524.jpg

view of interior stateroom hallway

IMG_7753_zpsddc90457.jpg

THATS FUNNY IF THATS THE DREAM YOU TOOK A PHOTO OF OUR CABIN FROM THIS PAST DEC AND ONE OF OUR CABINS WAS ALONG THE CORRIDOR RIGHT BY YOUR CORRIDOR. WE HAD A VERANDAH. WE HAD CABIN 8504 8002 8004 AND 85something cant remember exact number but it was at end of your short corridor on the exterior. THAT WAS 4 DIFFERENT CRUISES. THOSE END CABINS ARE LESS EXPENSIVE BECAUSE THEY ARE CLASSIFIED AS OBSTRUCTED VIEW(the bow) THE CABINS ARE BIGGER TOO.

Wow JLSE50,
I just saw in your signature that you've been on some great "bucket list" cruises. Your way ahead of us. The Med, Alaska, Hawaii, and the Panama Canal are all still in my bucket. Hopefully over the next few years I'll achieve a couple.

We went to WDW about every other year when our kids were little. We have family in the midwest so while we lived in the east and got the eastern seaboard for trips to WDW, :drive: we got other states in going to see them.

DH always wanted to go to Yellowstone and was impressed that my family had camped across the country so he adopted that mindset. After several trips :drive: he realized that with some careful planning he could turn some business trips into family trips by driving and that it would be cheaper for the company in the long run, so he did. Then he realized we could hit all 48 of the contiguous states before our older son was a Senior in High School so we did.

He told the boys they were on their own for Alaska and Hawaii. We have friends and family who had cruised to Alaska and told us how wonderful it was. DH always said we would go when Disney went. They told us Disney would never go to the Pacific. :lmao: We showed them.

He has always wanted to go to Venice, he has no idea why, he just does so that is next.

We have taken the kids on a few cruises but since they are adults we usually go by ourselves and that makes it more affordable. But for this one, we are bringing them too.

Thanks for being interested.
Jan

Also have photos of our Hyatt precruise stay; Palo and Remy Brunches; the Rainforest room and spa lockers and shower; Castaway Cay and many more. Let me know what you'd like to see and I'll be happy to assist.

Remy has brunch?
Photos please :goodvibes

THATS FUNNY IF THATS THE DREAM YOU TOOK A PHOTO OF OUR CABIN FROM THIS PAST DEC AND ONE OF OUR CABINS WAS ALONG THE CORRIDOR RIGHT BY YOUR CORRIDOR. WE HAD A VERANDAH. WE HAD CABIN 8504 8002 8004 AND 85something cant remember exact number but it was at end of your short corridor on the exterior. THAT WAS 4 DIFFERENT CRUISES. THOSE END CABINS ARE LESS EXPENSIVE BECAUSE THEY ARE CLASSIFIED AS OBSTRUCTED VIEW(the bow) THE CABINS ARE BIGGER TOO.

Our photos were from the Fantasy but the Dream has the identical layout as you can see from this Dream Deck 8 plan

deck8_zpsfd55f36f.gif

If you "squint" closely at the front of the deckplan, you can see all these staterooms. Our cabin #8517 is grouped with the first "set" of Cat 11A's in the forward section (we are on the corner). There is a single Cat 11A cabin 8001 all by itself all the way forward as well.

dvc deernut, your staterooms 8504 8002 and 8004 seem to be all the way forward and were in very close proximity to us.

It's so interesting how all of the forward Cat 9's on Deck 8 are priced differently. For example, 8504 which is the corner stateroom, is listed as a cat 9D, yet 8002/8003 etc. are all 9C's. And right next to 8504, is 8506 which is a cat 9A.

Would love to see pictures of the 8504 if you have any. The Deck 8 balconies seem to begin with cat 7A (obstructed verandah) cabins 8520 and 8022 which must be right near that mystery Cabin #4 you mentioned.

here's an exterior photo we took from the port which shows the corner of Deck 8 forward pretty well.

IMG_2238_zps3b08fd28.jpg

More pictures please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never get tired of seeing pictures. Cabins, food, verandahs, Castaway Cay. It really doesn't matter.

Thanks so much for those of you who have posted. Keep them coming

Remy has brunch?
Photos please :goodvibes

Yes they do! They were testing it out last summer. It is available during at sea days. Priced $50.00/person with an optional champagne pairing for $25.00 more.

Hopefully someone can confirm this, but I believe it was offered on the Jan 10 Member Cruise.

Here is a brief recap.

the menu is prix fixe. These were our courses on the Fantasy last week.

IMG_8390_zpsd05def63.jpg

To Start:

Jamon Iberico (with a glass of complimentary champagne) Served to everyone scheduled for the 11:30 brunch as a group while we were introduced to the chef in the wine room.

IMG_8389_zps79d9cd27.jpg

IMG_8388_zps7edf784f.jpg

We were seated at a beautiful table with a view

IMG_8399_zps03733f8c.jpg

Here are the remaining courses in order.

Sweetcorn Emulsion

IMG_8395_zpse7423e8a.jpg

Lobster Cannelloni, Caviar

IMG_8396_zpse3daeba3.jpg

Poached Egg

IMG_8401_zps3e8caab7.jpg

Shrimp, Potato

IMG_8402_zps9f1ba4e9.jpg

Praline

IMG_8406_zps519c4242.jpg

We also received a box of homemade chocolate marshmallows; taffy; and mini candies. (forgot to photograph as we had it wrapped to go!)

Enjoy!

JQ: We appreciate your coordination of the transportation. The rest of the Crazy8 group have decided we want to be part of your "party" bus. We will probably stay at the Pop also. Please add 8 to your expanding list. Any thoughts of doing a return bus?

PI: Keep those pictures coming...

IMG_2238_zps3b08fd28.jpg
[/QUOTE]

DSCF8005_zps124e6c55.jpg

You wanted to see 8004. There is lots of room for luggage under and around the Porthole. This cabin is cheaper because of obstructed view. If i find that photo i will post it. The view is the bow of the ship, but you up high enough it doesnt matter. We have had those cabins a couple times.

JQ: We appreciate your coordination of the transportation. The rest of the Crazy8 group have decided we want to be part of your "party" bus. We will probably stay at the Pop also. Please add 8 to your expanding list. Any thoughts of doing a return bus?

That's great Crazy8Ma, I'll tentatively list the Pop as one of the 4 pick up resorts. Let me know if anything changes. We will absolutely consider a return trip if we have enough interest. The price would be comparable even with a smaller shuttle. Anyone interested in a return trip to WDW please let me know.

:drive: Everyone can click the link in my signature to view the details.

That's great Crazy8Ma, I'll tentatively list the Pop as one of the 4 pick up resorts. Let me know if anything changes. We will absolutely consider a return trip if we have enough interest. The price would be comparable even with a smaller shuttle. Anyone interested in a return trip to WDW please let me know.

:drive: Everyone can click the link in my signature to view the details.
:yay:
Thanks JQ. Every little detail makes it that more real. So excited...

Yes they do! They were testing it out last summer. It is available during at sea days. Priced $50.00/person with an optional champagne pairing for $25.00 more.

Hopefully someone can confirm this, but I believe it was offered on the Jan 10 Member Cruise.

Here is a brief recap.

the menu is prix fixe. These were our courses on the Fantasy last week.

IMG_8390_zpsd05def63.jpg

To Start:

Jamon Iberico (with a glass of complimentary champagne) Served to everyone scheduled for the 11:30 brunch as a group while we were introduced to the chef in the wine room.

IMG_8389_zps79d9cd27.jpg

IMG_8388_zps7edf784f.jpg

We were seated at a beautiful table with a view

IMG_8399_zps03733f8c.jpg

Here are the remaining courses in order.

Sweetcorn Emulsion

IMG_8395_zpse7423e8a.jpg

Lobster Cannelloni, Caviar

IMG_8396_zpse3daeba3.jpg

Poached Egg

IMG_8401_zps3e8caab7.jpg

Shrimp, Potato

IMG_8402_zps9f1ba4e9.jpg

Praline

IMG_8406_zps519c4242.jpg

We also received a box of homemade chocolate marshmallows; taffy; and mini candies. (forgot to photograph as we had it wrapped to go!)

Enjoy!

It all looks lovely but did you get enough to eat? We usually roll out of Palo feeling stuffed to the gills as they encourage us to go back to the buffet over and over.

How does it compare with Palo Brunch?

Jan :earsgirl:

It all looks lovely but did you get enough to eat? We usually roll out of Palo feeling stuffed to the gills as they encourage us to go back to the buffet over and over.

How does it compare with Palo Brunch?

Jan :earsgirl:

It was surprisingly very filling! In fact I had to "force" myself to indulge in the profiteroles for dessert and had the candy wrapped to go.

It's a completely different meal and experience vs the Palo brunch. More in line with a very upscale sit down 5 course lunch.

Palo I agree is tons of food!!!!! As seen in my next post!!!!

I'm not sure which I would choose if we could only pick one. On the Fantasy there were 3 at sea days so we were able to enjoy them both.

pirate:pirate:pirate:
More pictures please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never get tired of seeing pictures. Cabins, food, verandahs, Castaway Cay. It really doesn't matter.

Thanks so much for those of you who have posted. Keep them coming

Great! I am happy to!!

Moving right along.................as JLSE50 mentioned.............to Palo brunch Price $20/pp
(I've read where this price includes gratuity but we tipped anyway)

NOTE: For our 4-nt cruise both brunches will only be offered on Day 3 -
At sea, so you will have to choose between Remy and Palo if anyone is considering this.

We have enjoyed Palo brunch twice - May 2011 on the Dream (party of 6)and Jan 2013 on the Fantasy (party of 2).
I will post photos from both to showcase as much as possible.
(hint: you can tell from the display cards which photo belongs to which brunch.)

Palo offers crescent booth seating and intimate square and round tables throughout the restaurant.

IMG_6072_zps5fee6b8f.jpg

A cold Brunch buffet with three full tables of offerings plus an elaborate display of desserts are set up at the far end of the restaurant.

Table 1 (on the Right) is mainly pastry; bread and fruit

966e2e23-dbe2-4fc4-89ee-91cacd68c499_zpsa4e29959.jpg

a9760f6c-edb3-47cd-b1ca-c6c53b26bc21_zps762f6883.jpg

06f2380d-7644-4ef0-b277-e9f5e065cd5f_zps16b1e4a0.jpg

Table 2 (back wall) is seafood There is alaskan king crab and snowcrab on opposite sides

8df8566d-752a-4459-9364-5e70d84f4901_zpsd3e4a912.jpg

732011513_zpsc6d80053.jpg

0c7d353a-0689-47f1-92d0-6f3e0dcf1d0a_zpsfe6b3caf.jpg

Table 3 (left side) is a variety of cheese, meats, salads and spreads

c9a585d5-093b-414a-9bf0-1be3f70385e0_zpsd8485ca0.jpg

dessert buffet!!!!

Dream 2011

732011506_zpse414d664.jpg

Fantasy 2013

IMG_7891_zps550802c6.jpg

Entrees

Are showcased in glass displays near the buffet. These must be ordered thru your server.
Each is prepared fresh and cooked to order, served ala carte. You can order as many as you'd like as often as you'd like - and we did!!

These photos are from both brunches -
Most if not all entrees from our 2011 brunch were still being offered in 2013.

732011509_zps76bc475b.jpg

IMG_7890_zps5201f1e3.jpg

IMG_7888_zpse803cae0.jpg

and here is a sampling of our items "cooked to order"

pancakes

732011519_zps92126dd9.jpg

eggs Palo

IMG_7897_zps4a803337.jpg

frittata

IMG_7895_zps7d737ab4.jpg

chicken parmigiana

IMG_7896_zps77974838.jpg

several of our cold buffet and dessert selections

IMG_7893_zps4e152908.jpg

IMG_7892_zps1cff7663.jpg

that fruit with the cantaloupe is papaya!

Iron Man Mark's favorites

732011520_zps495b6189.jpg

my dad's desserts (before his specially prepared sugar free of course!)

732011521_zps3b47c38f.jpg

this was all the dessert I could manage. the mango creme was delicious!! I highly recommend

IMG_7898_zps11d1afec.jpg

Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter