**September 2019**

Trip is booked (Sept 8 - 17) at Pop! We were booked for December 2019 with a bounceback FD offer, but we were afraid of the crowds that Galaxies Edge would bring. Besides....... September is much closer than December :mickeyjum
Added on the roll call. And for both those reasons September definitely seems like a better idea :thumbsup2

My wife and I have been talking about taking our first Disney trip without kids.
We want to check out the Food & Wine festival so I've been looking for a "September 2019" thread to start.

Just found your thread today (thank you, btw)
Just saw the free dining deal - today
Just booked a trip at CBR for Sept. 8th through the 14th - today

Some days you just live right.
Sounds like the stars aligned for you :goodvibes

Wasn't planning on a WDW trip this year, but free dining dropped and, well, I talked DH into it.
August 30 to September 7 at Pop. Just DH and I. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary.

It is quite possible we will end up cancelling at some point as my mom has stage 4 cancer, not curable. Hopefully her treatments slow things way down and she is doing fine when September rolls around! Actually a big part of why DH agreed to the trip is because I have been quite down about the situation and WDW is my happy place and the planning is super fun to me.
Sorry to hear about your mom, hope the treatments help.

Planning a 25th anniversary sounds like a great distraction.

Booked for Sept 23rd to the 28th at All-Star Movies! This will be my first time at an All-Star hotel (though I've done Pop before) And just like @Bama Mom it's a combo anniversary and birthday trip! Tbh, Food and Wine plus the fact that it's a birthday trip for me was the only way to get DH to go with me lol

Booked for Sept 23rd to the 28th at All-Star Movies! This will be my first time at an All-Star hotel (though I've done Pop before) And just like @Bama Mom it's a combo anniversary and birthday trip! Tbh, Food and Wine plus the fact that it's a birthday trip for me was the only way to get DH to go with me lol

Movies is my favorite of the All Stars - and nice to walk from resort to resort to check out all three All Stars while you are there :thumbsup2

Welcome aboard, I added you to the roll call.

I just took advantage of the room discount for a short 3 day trip to celebrate the big 5-0 at WDW. I'm staying at Movies this time Sep. 29-Oct. 1. This will be my first Halloween party and first time at Food & Wine Festival. So excited!

Hi!

Also booked a completely unexpected trip because of free dining!

We were actually looking at a cruise (leaning towards a Disney one) for December. I was checking our travel agents page, and I saw her early morning post yesterday about FD....saving $2000 by going to DW instead of a cruise was just too big a deal to pass up.....so, I messaged her and we're booked at Caribbean Beach September 26-October 6 :tink:

It's our fourth trip onsite, and first to try CBR!

I'm waffling over the FD promo vs the Canadian ticket/room discount. I might end up booking a room trip as well, and try and run some numbers re: dining.

We have three kids, one of who is now 10 and a Disney adult.....who I imagine will want to order off the kids menu mostly, so the room and ticket promo is currently about $2000 less than FD. I'm trying to determine if 5 of us would spend that much in 10 days of dining......

Look forward to following along with you all!

So I booked before free dining came out and I've been trying to call the last two days to convert my reservation. I was on hold Wednesday for 90 minutes at two times during the day before hanging up and last night I was on hold for 4 hours before I threw in the towel. I know I could cancel my reservation and book a new one online (and that's basically what they're doing on the phone for me?) but I don't trust myself to mess something up lol Has anyone here had any luck with calling to change their reservation for the free dining?

I'll be there 9/21-29 at Pop. My sister will be joining us for the second half of the trip - it'll be my 5 year old nephew's first time!

We are booked at POR for Sept 7-14! It will be myself, DH and our 4yo DD, along with my parents (in their own room). We were just at CSR the week after Thanksgiving and had a great trip. This will be our 3rd trip but our 1st in hotter weather. We're coming from TX, so it won't be too much of a shock for us plus I used to live in FL (Naples). We have 5 day hoppers and are debating upgrading to APs. I'm kicking it for not doing it during our November trip, but this way we'll be able to go for our Anniversary in Feb 2020 and again in the summer before our DD starts Kinder!

I'm really looking forward to POR. It looks like such a peaceful resort! We'll definitely be enjoying Muddy Rivers on our pool day. :drinking:

So I booked before free dining came out and I've been trying to call the last two days to convert my reservation. I was on hold Wednesday for 90 minutes at two times during the day before hanging up and last night I was on hold for 4 hours before I threw in the towel. I know I could cancel my reservation and book a new one online (and that's basically what they're doing on the phone for me?) but I don't trust myself to mess something up lol Has anyone here had any luck with calling to change their reservation for the free dining?

Have you just tried changing your reservation online instead of canceling and rebooking? That's what I did on Wed night, but not for free dining just the room discount.

Have you just tried changing your reservation online instead of canceling and rebooking? That's what I did on Wed night, but not for free dining just the room discount.

I just modified my reservation this morning for the room discount but I couldn't find anything about free dining while I was doing that so I'm not sure if it's possible to do the free dining online this same way or if all the free dining reservations have been used already. But hey, at least I got a room discount!

I just modified my reservation this morning for the room discount but I couldn't find anything about free dining while I was doing that so I'm not sure if it's possible to do the free dining online this same way or if all the free dining reservations have been used already. But hey, at least I got a room discount!
Have you ever done the dining plan? We had free dining last november and really didn't like it. It was too much food for us and I hated keeping track of our credits! We ended up with 16 leftover snack credits and 1 TS and 1 QS. I used the snack credits to get bags of candy and trail mix but I could have done without them.

Add us to the roll call! Booked a completely unexpected trip at ASMu for Sept 21-26.

Originally, the kids & I were going to tag along on a business trip with DH, stay off-site, have 1 day in the parks all together, and I would take the kids to the parks 2 days while he was at a conference. After FD dropped, I just HAD to look... for $1700 more than what we would already be spending we could arrive early, have 4 full days in the parks at stay at ASMu before moving over to the conference. It didn't take much convincing. We are not telling the kids just yet - will probably tell them sometime in March after we are able to book flights.

Our check-in day will be exactly 1 year after DH & I checked out of our adults-only trip for our 20th anniversary. We had no idea we'd be returning in 2019, but I'm really excited that we are!

Already going in May and December 2019 but who can pass up MNSSHP and F&W? Not this gal!
We're staying at Copper Creek Studio our first two nights, Sept 16, 17 then 4 nights at Port Orleans FQ. First time for both. We are new DVC owners and very excited for a relaxing 2 nights at CC. Of course, we'll have to add MNSSHP (hopefully that tuesday night) so not tooooooo relaxing! Thanks for the add!

Totally off DW topic but two weeks from yesterday, my oldest son is getting married! We are in crunch mode finishing up the final details of the wedding. I have to finish up the signs the "flower girls" are carrying as well as the signs that will be at the end of some of the rows. Also need to finish confirming the grooms cake details with the baker. Then I think I will be ready. My daughter also got engaged on the 23rd of December so after this wedding, we will be in full wedding planning for her. My youngest son graduates high school in May as well so I will be planning his graduation party and we are going on a senior cruise in March for him so we are looking forward to that as well. Busy year for us!

Have you ever done the dining plan? We had free dining last november and really didn't like it. It was too much food for us and I hated keeping track of our credits! We ended up with 16 leftover snack credits and 1 TS and 1 QS. I used the snack credits to get bags of candy and trail mix but I could have done without them.

That's one of the reasons I would have only taken free dining if a room only discount wasn't available. We used it on our last family trip and it was great when it's all five of us, and really convenient not having to plan money for the meals (but we did have a lot of snack credits left, we just used them for snacks for the ride home) but with just hubby and I, the dining plan isn't really a sensible choice. He is a foodie, I am not. In fact, I could survive off the kids' menu. So I would have only used it this time if I got t free.

That's one of the reasons I would have only taken free dining if a room only discount wasn't available. We used it on our last family trip and it was great when it's all five of us, and really convenient not having to plan money for the meals (but we did have a lot of snack credits left, we just used them for snacks for the ride home) but with just hubby and I, the dining plan isn't really a sensible choice. He is a foodie, I am not. In fact, I could survive off the kids' menu. So I would have only used it this time if I got t free.

I will say we did a lot of character meals that we probably wouldn't have done without FD, so that was a plus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts