**September 2019**

Have you ever done the dining plan? We had free dining last november and really didn't like it. It was too much food for us and I hated keeping track of our credits! We ended up with 16 leftover snack credits and 1 TS and 1 QS. I used the snack credits to get bags of candy and trail mix but I could have done without them.
We only use quick service for the reasons you give and it used up so .much time

We only use quick service for the reasons you give and it used up so .much time

That was another thing we learned! Character meals take way too much time to have one every day. Also, meeting the characters started to feel more like a routine, rather than a special interaction. Greet them, give them a hug, take a picture, high five, wave goodbye and repeat! lol

This trip, we're planning on Ohana breakfast and CRT dinner as our only character meals. The rest will be QS in the parks and then probably a few dinners at DS. That's one reason I really wanted to stay at POR because we can enjoy a tasty meal at DS and then relax on the boat ride back to the resort!

I just took advantage of the room discount for a short 3 day trip to celebrate the big 5-0 at WDW. I'm staying at Movies this time Sep. 29-Oct. 1. This will be my first Halloween party and first time at Food & Wine Festival. So excited!
Hi!Also booked a completely unexpected trip because of free dining!
we're booked at Caribbean Beach September 26-October 6 :tink:It's our fourth trip onsite, and first to try CBR!
!
I'll be there 9/21-29 at Pop. My sister will be joining us for the second half of the trip - it'll be my 5 year old nephew's first time!
We are booked at POR for Sept 7-14! It will be myself, DH and our 4yo DD, along with my parents (in their own room). We were just at CSR the week after Thanksgiving and had a great trip.
I'm really looking forward to POR. It looks like such a peaceful resort! We'll definitely be enjoying Muddy Rivers on our pool day. :drinking:
Excited to join the group! OKW 9/29-10/4...F & W Festival!
Add us to the roll call! Booked a completely unexpected trip at ASMu for Sept 21-26.

Originally, the kids & I were going to tag along on a business trip with DH, stay off-site, have 1 day in the parks all together, and I would take the kids to the parks 2 days while he was at a conference. After FD dropped, I just HAD to look... for $1700 more than what we would already be spending we could arrive early, have 4 full days in the parks at stay at ASMu before moving over to the conference. It didn't take much convincing. We are not telling the kids just yet - will probably tell them sometime in March after we are able to book flights.

Our check-in day will be exactly 1 year after DH & I checked out of our adults-only trip for our 20th anniversary. We had no idea we'd be returning in 2019, but I'm really excited that we are!

Already going in May and December 2019 but who can pass up MNSSHP and F&W? Not this gal!
We're staying at Copper Creek Studio our first two nights, Sept 16, 17 then 4 nights at Port Orleans FQ. First time for both. We are new DVC owners and very excited for a relaxing 2 nights at CC. Of course, we'll have to add MNSSHP (hopefully that tuesday night) so not tooooooo relaxing! Thanks for the add!

Booked the Yacht Club for Sept 29 - October 5 yesterday. First trip since 2010, I'm so excited!!
I just took advantage of the room discount for a short 3 day trip to celebrate the big 5-0 at WDW. I'm staying at Movies this time Sep. 29-Oct. 1. This will be my first Halloween party and first time at Food & Wine Festival. So excited!
Added to roll call, welcome to September planning :cool1:

That was another thing we learned! Character meals take way too much time to have one every day. Also, meeting the characters started to feel more like a routine, rather than a special interaction. Greet them, give them a hug, take a picture, high five, wave goodbye and repeat! lol

This trip, we're planning on Ohana breakfast and CRT dinner as our only character meals. The rest will be QS in the parks and then probably a few dinners at DS. That's one reason I really wanted to stay at POR because we can enjoy a tasty meal at DS and then relax on the boat ride back to the resort!
There are so many restaurants we love at DS that it is hard to narrow it down lol POR is great for being a boat ride away, makes it so much more fun to head over to DS just to eat.

There are so many restaurants we love at DS that it is hard to narrow it down lol POR is great for being a boat ride away, makes it so much more fun to head over to DS just to eat.

Yes! I love Frontera, D-Luxe Burger and Raglan Road so I want to go there but I also want to try Morimoto, Polite Pig and Wine Bar George!! Oh, and Terralina! There aren't enough meals in a trip!!

Hey y’all!

We’ll be at All Star Sports from 9/7 - 9/14! We’re a family of 7, so 2 rooms at a value always ends up being our best bet. Upgraded from QS to the regular dining since we love us some character meals! And with our huge family, you can’t beat the free dining!

Looking forward to counting down with everyone!

Hey y’all!

We’ll be at All Star Sports from 9/7 - 9/14! We’re a family of 7, so 2 rooms at a value always ends up being our best bet. Upgraded from QS to the regular dining since we love us some character meals! And with our huge family, you can’t beat the free dining!

Looking forward to counting down with everyone!
I will add you to the roll call. We have 5 kids too, leaving the teens home this time though so we have a small family of 5 this trip. Usually we do the two connecting rooms at values too - LOVE free dining!!

Have you ever done the dining plan? We had free dining last november and really didn't like it. It was too much food for us and I hated keeping track of our credits! We ended up with 16 leftover snack credits and 1 TS and 1 QS. I used the snack credits to get bags of candy and trail mix but I could have done without them.

I agree about the dining plan. Our last 7(at least) trips have been with free dining promotions and this year we're doing the room only. We're dining planned out. I start dreading eating by about halfway through the trip.

We also extended our trip one day, until Sept. 15th, so we can go to the Top of the World Brunch at the Contemporary Resort.

As far as the Dining Plan goes, if we get a chance at free dining we always take it. The huge variety of dining experiences at DW is one of the mainstays of our trips and we try to enjoy as many of them as we can. That means it's a large part of our budget for the trip. However, that approach does not work for everyone so if eating big meals is not your thing the room discounts would be better for you. It's all about having a good time and everbody's different.

I've done the DDP twice and actually really liked it (paid, not free). We honestly didn't save that much money (maybe $50?) but I'm the type that likes to have everything pre-paid. This time we're staying at an All Star so the room discount was only about $160 total. We're doing park hopper regardless so I'd have to trade in my $160 in savings for the "free" quick service dining for 6 days. Even if we don't use all of the points, I don't think it's a bad deal. But now that I have the room discount I'm just gonna stick with it. It would probably even out in the end considering we're doing a few days at Food and Wine without full meal breaks.

So what "extras" are people hoping/planning to do this trip?

I am hoping for a DAH. If MK or HS is available for our dates we will do it. If only AK DAH shows up, maybe... Not sure about that one.
We're planning to Uber to Character Warehouse on Vineland. Never Ubered or gone to the outlet on a trip before.
Typhoon Lagoon. We've never done a water park before.
Mini golf. Also have never done this.
Maybe go to Animal Kingdom Lodge to wander around and possibly have lunch.
MNSSHP.

Also, I have promised DH we will sleep in more. We have gone the last 3 years so we don't have to hit every ride as many times as possible. Also, we went the same week last year (8/30-9/7) and crowd levels were GREAT. We got so much done very easily! We are definitely more night owls, so looking forward to staying out late and sleeping in!

I am hoping for a DAH. If MK or HS is available for our dates we will do it. If only AK DAH shows up, maybe... Not sure about that one.
We're planning to Uber to Character Warehouse on Vineland. Never Ubered or gone to the outlet on a trip before.
Typhoon Lagoon. We've never done a water park before.
Mini golf. Also have never done this.
Maybe go to Animal Kingdom Lodge to wander around and possibly have lunch.
MNSSHP.

Also, I have promised DH we will sleep in more. We have gone the last 3 years so we don't have to hit every ride as many times as possible. Also, we went the same week last year (8/30-9/7) and crowd levels were GREAT. We got so much done very easily! We are definitely more night owls, so looking forward to staying out late and sleeping in!

We try to do something new for every trip.
This time were going to the Food & Wine Festival for the first time.
Going on the Backstage Magic Tour (the one that covers all 4 parks)
Having Brunch at the Top of the World in CR
Also going to see Harry Potter World at the "other" theme park

I'm heading back to the World a lot sooner than anticipated! My husband and I are going to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary Sept 8-15 at All Star Sports with a Preferred room and free dining upgraded to the regular plan. I am soooo excited. We're being joined by our best friends who will be celebrating their Disneymoon/1 year anniversary. It'll be Hubby's first trip and it will be everyone else's second. Can't wait to share the magic with him...and experience MNSSHP!!!!

I'm also hoping for a DAH event. I did one in MK this past September and I cannot say enough good things about it. It was worth every penny. But I share your thoughts on AK. I would do MK or HS for sure, but I'd only do AK if I was unable to get FP for FoP. I'm also interested in EMM for HS.

I'm really torn about MNSSHP because I'm going with my husband who has no interest in characters or parades but I love the party so we'll see. He's kind enough to agree to come with me even though Disney isn't his thing so I don't wanna push it lol

I'm also thinking about a private fireworks cruise to surprise DH. I think that's actually something he'd be impressed by. However, it starts at $199 which is kind of steep for one couple imo. I wish we knew another couple to split the cost with but then it wouldn't be so private and as an anniversary trip surprise, I don't think I'd like that. I'm still thinking on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!