September 2015 Car Rental Watch

I see a slightly better rate through the Capital One Rewards sites for Dollar/Thrifty vs Alamo. If anyone has a Capital One Rewards card it is worth checking out.

My economy rental through Alamo just went down to $88 from $140. That's without any coupon codes.

Rate went down today for me, 9/5-9/9 standard through Alamo for $125. No coupons except using Alamo insiders rate.

I can't believe the dynamics of this suddenly.... my previous question is now moot b/c I got the rate down to 522 at costco travel! (I'm a member but it's usually more $) that's down from 900 last week

I'm jealous. Mine won't go down. Probably because of picking up at Port and only keeping 2 nights.
I have a standard for $147 with codes i qualify for or $60 ish with that Vegas brazil code.

Thanks. Got it down to $162.23. Sweet!

I also checked Dollar and their prices have dropped as well. Could get a full size using Dollar Express and AAA for $183.14

Just booked Dollar "Lock, Low and Go" for $117.42 total. I've had good luck using this in the past - usually end up with a standard or full size. Compact might be a little small with 3 adults but I couldn't resist the price.

Just booked Dollar "Lock, Low and Go" for $117.42 total. I've had good luck using this in the past - usually end up with a standard or full size. Compact might be a little small with 3 adults but I couldn't resist the price.

Same here, around $125 for labor day week. Cheapest rate so far, but I'm nervous about getting stuck with a compact

Just booked Alamo with visa and costco codes. 9/19-10/1 out of MCO. Midsize car for $199.99 all in! Much better than what I had!

Dollar rates are dropping as well. 9/12 - 19 using AAA gets $120 with taxes for "lock low & go" for compact or larger. Not what I need, but maybe someone else.

Wow, they did drop a lot. I'm seeing Dollar's Lock Low and Go for $89 base/$135 total for September 22-27. Nice to see some drops this early. I'll definitely make a reservation at these rates and I'd encourage everyone looking to check and see if they get similar results. I still won't do prepay...there may be further drops close to the date. (And don't be surprised if the rates go right back up shortly)

Wow, they did drop a lot. I'm seeing Dollar's Lock Low and Go for $89 base/$135 total for September 22-27. Nice to see some drops this early. I'll definitely make a reservation at these rates and I'd encourage everyone looking to check and see if they get similar results. I still won't do prepay...there may be further drops close to the date. (And don't be surprised if the rates go right back up shortly)

Coupon code 76892 worked for me to take another 10% off the Lock Low price (without having to prepay). Took it down to a base rate of $80.

I just got my rental with Alamo down another $21 today, just by rebooking the reservation. Thanks everyone for the heads up! That was with the Insider and the AP holder, although I think it was the same as without the AP holder. Just a tip, when I tried it on my usual computer, the rates were actually up by $40. So I went on a new computer with the browser cleared and it gave me the lower price. Just something to try if prices aren't going down for you. :)

9-17-9/22 Premium rental $188

We used to use National exclusively (love the Emerald Aisle) but now their prices are so high! Does anyone ever use National anymore or find any good codes to use?

We used to use National exclusively (love the Emerald Aisle) but now their prices are so high! Does anyone ever use National anymore or find any good codes to use?

I can occasionally still get a good price with National (it's who we use for company travel), but their coupons/codes always require a Saturday night stay so they are not always useful. Other companies (Dollar and Alamo) are starting to use the "pick your own car" now as well which diminishes the value of Emerald Aisle.

I can occasionally still get a good price with National (it's who we use for company travel), but their coupons/codes always require a Saturday night stay so they are not always useful. Other companies (Dollar and Alamo) are starting to use the "pick your own car" now as well which diminishes the value of Emerald Aisle.
Which is why we are probably going to go with Alamo or Dollar. My husband's company gets discounts at Enterprise. Anyone have experience with them at MCO?

Which is why we are probably going to go with Alamo or Dollar. My husband's company gets discounts at Enterprise. Anyone have experience with them at MCO?

A few years ago we used Enterprise at MCO. They kept pushing and pushing for me to upgrade the car, I kept saying I'm fine with what I have. Then they said my car is being cleaned so it will be a few minutes, but I could upgrade at a discounted rate to get one my way. I wouldn't budge, and eventually they just gave me an upgrade for free (because they didn't really have a compact)

Honestly, Alamo is just about as easy to use as National's Emerald Aisle these days. You can do the entire checkin online now so you don't need to stop at the counter or the kiosk. You just head to the garage, go to the correct aisle and pick whichever car you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter