September 2015 Car Rental Watch

I got $238 total for a 13 day rental standard using passholder code and coupon AD2338FDF. Thanks for the alert.
What is this code? It just dropped my Sept. trip price again.... is it general public?

What is this code? It just dropped my Sept. trip price again.... is it general public?

No the code is not for general public. I used the WDW annual passholder code. It provided the same price as the Cosco member code.

If you mean the AD2338FDF coupon code, I believe that is through Visa. Anyone can use it if you book with a Visa card.

If you mean the AD2338FDF coupon code, I believe that is through Visa. Anyone can use it if you book with a Visa card.
so it's a visa code, which means just about most people can use it? I also have a costco membership if it's a costco code.... I just don't want a nasty surprise at pickup

Yes the coupon is visa cardholder. I've used it in the past. It's been around for awhile.

Holy Cow.... I just went back and looked at Alamo, my rates are so low compared to what they were:banana: and for some reason that minivan is CHEAPER than all the smaller cars!:jumping1: the exact opposite of what I've been seeing for months!

I think we're close to the sweet spot where rates are great, and might start creeping back up as September gets closer.

Strangely, rates at MCO are way down for labor day week but still sky high at the Care Car Center. Right now I have a standard size for 6 days $147 total. If only I had a Saturday night stay, that could be down to $117

Yay! Thanks to this I found a week rental 9/6-9/13 standard car for $118.10. I wasn't going to rent a car but now I'm seriously considering it!!

But your proof of the pudding is in the booking

A very dangerous approach. Just because you can make a reservation online using certain codes doesn't mean you are entitled to use them. I, personally, would question the good sense in using codes to which I'm not entitled (like a Costco discount if you don't have a membership) and expect the rental company not to confirm my eligibility. You could potentially end up paying the full, current price for your rental at the time of arrival. Not a great way to kick off a vacation.

I just booked using only my Alamo insiders deal for less than what I booked earlier today with the Vegas Brazil code and visa upgrade coupon. Rates have been lowering all day. Not sure if I'll even keep the reservation, but after hearing all the negative comments on the bus service at the Wilderness Lodge, I wanted to keep my options open. Looks like a week reservation would have been cheaper, but I got a standard car from 9/5-9/9 for $130.00. Earlier today I had a midsize for $145.00.

Try coupon AF4396SDN to knock another $15 or so off. I must be bored checking car rates for other people :jester:

Thanks. Got it down to $162.23. Sweet!

I also checked Dollar and their prices have dropped as well. Could get a full size using Dollar Express and AAA for $183.14

Last edited:
I got a standard at Alamo for 9/18-9/28 down to $212! I used the Southwest code 7016105 and coupon AF4396SDN.

what is codeAF4396SDN ? can anyone use it? it dropped my rate again!!!!!!

funny.... the rate dropped,then when I booked it it added 10 back? not sure why..... but still cheaper!

...and.... when I tried again without logging in,they didn't add the 10 extra???? anyone have a clue as to why? I just want to be sure that the code used is valid for anyone....then I can cancel any previous res. to free them up for others

Booked a premium with Alamo for 9/19-9/27 for $330 including taxes, fees and pre-paid fuel (yes, I know... big waste, but my hubby won't rent without it!). It was $280 total before adding the fuel.

I should add...no code used, just the rate for an Alamo Insider.

Wow, I forgot to use the AP holder code when I made my reservation, just used the insider. Trying now with both it is $50 more than the reservation I have! Crazy rates! I guess I will keep trying, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter