September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

[QUOTE="Oneanne, post: 62316969, member:
One stress reliever that I have managed to pull off... there's a huge pile of recycle on the curb waiting for pick up. I should take a picture of it, to prove I got one thing done this week.
[/QUOTE]
That’s a big accomplishment! I have a bunch of boxes in the garage that need to be broken down for recycling.

How are you doing with the high levels of stress we are all currently under?

I was doing pretty well for a while, but I definitely have my moments, especially since I’ve started back with the twins. Since I see mom in the morning, then do school with them, then hand off to the grandparents in the afternoon, I feel like I’ve expanded my “bubble“ a lot all at once. I will get comfortable again, but I’m slow to adapt in the best of circumstances, so it will take me a while.

What things do you do to help relieve stress?

Other than the occasional drink with dinner? :laughing:

I change my clothes when I get home, and get outside for a bit with whatever furball is waiting for a walk. (In fact, that’s where I am right now!) It helps me reset and transition to the second part of my day.

What is something new or different you can try?

I need to work out some patient responses when the kids push limits. It’s a big change in routine for them, after a lot of freedom over the summer, so some days they are excited, and some days they resent being told what to do again. I need to take deep breaths and not take it personally.

I think the treadmill will help. I love walking on them.

Me too! The treadmill has been a game-changer for me, because I can pick something to look forward to watching while I walk. - Lately, since I’ve been re-reading the books, it’s been Harry Potter trivia quizzes on YouTube (Super Carlin Brothers channel, if anyone else is a fan.)

I've totally lost what I call my "stress buffer" which gives me the ability to detach and observe when things amp up. Instead I'm going right into a tailspin, down the rabbit hole...for the past several days have been in curl-up-in-a-ball and shove-sugar-in-my-face mode.

:hug:

I think those fires could push anyone over the edge! Keep enjoying the kittens, and remember that it will get better.

ah, stress. right now everyone at work is super, super, super stressed. The platform they were going to use to teach has crashed! Yup. School starts tomorrow! It'll be great. Our principal was figuring out a work around (along with every other administrator in the district!) so things should all work out. I'm really glad I started joke of the day (thanks for all your suggestions!!). Every day I get an email from someone saying thank you for the happy start to the day.

I try to tell myself during stressful times that nothing lasts forever, and neither will this. Sometimes I believe it, sometimes I don't! Yoga every morning definitely helps.

Even though the air quality is better today, (we're still in the hazardous zone, though) I felt so much worse--and so did others! Maybe because it was foggy early this morning? I just forced myself to keep busy and not think about how terrible it was today. No stress-relieving walks for anyone around here. :(

ah, stress. right now everyone at work is super, super, super stressed. The platform they were going to use to teach has crashed! Yup. School starts tomorrow! It'll be great. Our principal was figuring out a work around (along with every other administrator in the district!) so things should all work out. I'm really glad I started joke of the day (thanks for all your suggestions!!). Every day I get an email from someone saying thank you for the happy start to the day.
Good luck today! I’ve found the parents (most of them) to be super understanding of the technology issue and appreciative of all the hard work teachers are doing. Glad the teachers are appreciative of your joke of the day too! Way to keep everyone smiling (at least for a moment)!

We had our intake appointment on Monday for early intervention. It was overwhelming to answer all these questions about things that I’d never even thought of before! Questions like “how does he handle diaper and clothing changes?” Or “does he cry when you leave the room?” It definitely caused a mini spiral of thoughts on Monday but I had to really put it out of my mind. Thank goodness for therapy! Lol

woohoo Wednesday - I’ve stuck well to WW so far! I’ve been hungry but it’s an adjustment period of eating at a bigger calorie deficit than what I’ve been used to. I have been really cognizant of eating more veggies though. And it’s a great way to remind myself of “if I’m not hungry enough to eat an apple then I don’t need a snack”

Woo Hoo! I slept through the night except for the occasional trip to the bathroom. Every time I woke up, I didn't allow my brain to start. I kept saying, "Sleep...sleep...sleep."

Another Woo Hoo! My A/C is working, and my room is a lovely 68 degrees which makes mask and face shield wearing far more bearable.

Technology is SUCH AN ISSUE. All of the iPads I sent home for distance learners need to come back to the school because I.T. never got around to reconfiguring my iPads since they started doing it last March...Ahem...six months ago. So, all of the paperwork surrounding the distribution...bar codes, serial numbers, student numbers, spreadsheets, scanning, which I'm expected to do in addition to teaching to live children and remote children needs to be done ALL OVER AGAIN. Parents are going to love their part in this. Another issue is when I'm teaching and mid-sentence, the connection goes. I have to stop teaching. The live kids look at me like I'm nuts while we wait for the connection to come back. Yesterday, it happened several times in just 30 minutes. I'm also having trouble posting assignments in the "new" way that they want us to do it, so I've reverted to the way I did it in the spring. Ugg! Not a technology issue, but a byproduct of the situation...a parent was photographing her computer screen, and the other parents were freaking out that their kids' photos were being taken. They all cut off their cameras to protect their kids' privacy, so now I can't see their adorable faces and expressions. I sent out an email about not taking photos, that it was an invasion of privacy, etc...

This is tough on all of us, but I really do feel for parents at home trying their best to comply only to have all of these new problems...

Off to another day in the trenches...Have a lovely day everyone.:grouphug:

The platform they were going to use to teach has crashed! Yup. School starts tomorrow! It'll be great.

Oh no. Our platform went down the first day of school (last Wednesday) and is down again today. My mom is a teacher and their platform (different district then my kids) was down yesterday. Their 2nd day. We are rolling with the punches here. The kids teachers are sending emails with link to either the notes or to another platform to still have class. I do have to say, I am liking the online so far. Teachers have been great and the kids are actually telling us what they are learning.

Woohoo -- I have gotten 10,000 and over my 60 minutes of activity everyday this week. I lost .2 in a day. I need to weigh myself today, but I am hoping for another little loss. It is so easy to get on the treadmill to finish off my steps in the afternoon. I needed about 2,000 steps after we got home from grocery shopping so I hopped on the treadmill and finished them off. I am really loving the treadmill. We have in our living room. Which is not very big. We really didn't have a place for it but we figured that in the living room it will be our face more and so we will use it.

Woohoo... for a brief period yesterday afternoon I could see actual clouds when the smoke cover thinned out enough that I could see the shapes of the clouds above it. We're still socked in this morning but they are saying there is going to be slow but steady improvement in the coming days. I read a post last night where a gal was saying she wasn't going to add the smoke to the list of stuff she's dealing with right now, she's just going to feel crappy about it. I wholeheartedly agree, I'm not going to deal with it, or try to figure it out or what to do about it, I'm just going to let the crappy feelings be.

Woohoo... the kittens are getting along famously, they are such a good match. Their characters are coming out... Ester is much more needy and intense, but I think it might be related to coming out of a household with 21 cats and having to fight for attention. She also gulps her food, so I imagine there was always a crowd getting fed and if you didn't push your way in and eat fast, you didn't get enough. I'm being very consistent with attention and food, so she'll learn that it is always going to be there and there will always be enough.

Last edited:
We had our intake appointment on Monday for early intervention. It was overwhelming to answer all these questions about things that I’d never even thought of before! Questions like “how does he handle diaper and clothing changes?” Or “does he cry when you leave the room?” It definitely caused a mini spiral of thoughts on Monday but I had to really put it out of my mind. Thank goodness for therapy! Lol

woohoo Wednesday - I’ve stuck well to WW so far! I’ve been hungry but it’s an adjustment period of eating at a bigger calorie deficit than what I’ve been used to. I have been really cognizant of eating more veggies though. And it’s a great way to remind myself of “if I’m not hungry enough to eat an apple then I don’t need a snack”
MickeyMom76 posted a recipe for crockpot chicken chili that is 0 points-at least on the older WW plans. It is so good! I’m not home right now but will share the recipe when I get back. My family loves it!
When I started WW I gave myself permission to buy individual portions of some foods to keep myself on track. Almonds, cut up pineapple, cheese-even now I do that occasionally when I need to refocus.

WooHoo for virtual school today! We actually got through an ELA lesson, and I was able to hop onto the teachers’ office hours and ask why the pretest wasn’t working for science. They told me how to really get to it, and the kids finished that too!

Got to chat briefly with their grandma at switch-over, and it was nice to see her again as well.

WooHoo Wednesday - I've gotten a lot of big-ish projects finished up over the course of yesterday and today. That always feels good!

Also, I am down 2.5 pounds since last week's official weigh in. I had been hovering around the same number for a few weeks, so I'm glad to see if finally drop some.

Wahoo school started and the day just flew by!! Tons of calls around starting time. Some we could help and others not so much, but everyone was understanding. I think everyone who had problems logging in today will be just fine tomorrow.

Wahoo I think the smoke will start to go away in a couple more days. Fingers crossed because I am super tired of everything stinking and coughing my brains out!

Wahoo DS2's girlfriend came over for dinner last night. It was good to visit with her.

I've got to find some motivation to do all my yoga and not sit there like a blob if I don't want to do the pose--I'm talking to you vinyasa!!

crockpot chicken chili that is 0 points-at least on the older WW plans. It is so good! I’m not home right now but will share the recipe when I get back. My family loves it!
Ooo yes please! Thank you! I’m all about low point recipes. This week I bought ground turkey which is 0 points on my plan. But I bought 93% lean and it needs to be 99% lean :headache: so this week has been a rough transition but only because I’ve been hungry!

THANKFUL THURSDAY

Let's all pick a couple things from list and spread the thanksfuls around.

View attachment 526374
1 Thing I’m grateful for: working from home
1 thing I’m looking forward to: fall weather!
1 thing I accomplished today: I got my baby ready to go and out the door so the BF wasn't late to work since he had to drop him off at grandma's.
1 person I am grateful to have in my life: my mama
1 amazing thing that happened this week: I GOT A GIGGLE OUT OF MY BABY FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! It was the most exciting thing ever. He does not give up the giggles easily lol. Then of course when he giggled I started freaking out and he looked at me like :scared: but that's fine lol. He still giggled!!
----

Today I shipped the baby off to gma's ( sad mom) because I have a bunch of work meetings and am so far behind on house chores that it's driving me crazy. So I have about 2 hours between work and when my boys come home to get something done with my day! It's gonna be a busy one. I'm off for now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter