September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

Had a good day today - we went to my mom's for lunch after church like we usually do. Today, all of my kids were there though! DS was home from college because he had a dentist appointment on Saturday morning, so he stayed the weekend. DD1 came back for lunch because we had a "graduation celebration" for DD2 today since it's obvious at this point that we're not really going to get to do anything for her graduation from Ole Miss this spring. My mom and sister gave her their gifts today at lunch, so it was fun. Good to have everyone together and get to have a small celebration!

We usually then have dinner at my inlaws, but today, we stayed home. We ate supper over there last night so DS would be able to see them, so we stayed home tonight. I enjoy going over, but it was nice to be home all afternoon and evening - had a nice long nap and got some stuff listed on Ebay and Facebook. I'm trying to treat the house like we're moving, so I've been working on purging. I really enjoy listing on Ebay. I always joke that this is what I'm going to do when I retire. I love thrift store shopping, so I think it would be fun if there wasn't a lot of pressure to make a lot of necessary money.

Anyway, it was an enjoyable laid back day!

Was pretty much a sloth the entire weekend. Smoke is still super bad. DS1 sent us a photo this morning and they couldn't see across the street!! Hoping tomorrow night's predicted rain helps!

Did not meal plan, therefore did not grocery shop. Don't want to leave the house until the smoke is better so it's going to be creative meals for a few more days! DS2's girlfriend is supposed to come for dinner Tuesday, I might just be serving hamburgers or hot dogs!!

The twins' grandma is a verbal processor and wants to get together just the four of us adults. We really don't want to have to sit for hours and listen while she talks her way to some type of decision about something!!! I'll see if she brings it up again when I drop them off tomorrow morning! And like others, I am feeling the frustration of having relatives watch your kids (even though they're not really ours)! Measured both twins tonight. They've grown 2 inches in the last year!

525864Today is the firsy daybof school with kids. About half are coming today and tomorrow with the other half working virtually. Then they switch for Thursday and Friday. Wednesday everyone is virtual. Last night we got an email that a teacher will be our for 2 weeks quarantining because her daughter tested positive. We had such a groupneffort in movjng into our new buildinh that we just got into last Wednesday. I’m feeling nervous becasue she was all around the building...in a good way helping to move boxes, unpack, move furniture, etc. But it is adding another level of worries on top of an already stressful day. So this quote is morivating me to stay positive and find my strengths! I will saybome of mine is determination! I was determined to get my room ready...even though our principal said its ok if our boxes aren‘t all unpacked and our room isn’t perfect. But I pushed and was determined to get it ready for these 5 year olds who need something to look forward to at school.

The last couple days were really strange. I had felt like I was getting it together, getting my home/life cleared out and organized, things seemed to be settling and moving in the right direction. Then it all fell apart and a feeling of chaos took over. I think the trigger was two things - the forest fire smoke and the situation with my Brother both brought things in to my house, which I have been able to maintain as a sanctuary.

Today I start putting things back together. This is recycle week, so the cardboard in the basement gets taken out, then I start piling things up for the next run to GW. On the family front, I was planning on taking the first week of October off but my SIL said she wants to go to Long Beach for my Brother's birthday, 10.27, and do a ashes sprinkling and eat dinner at their favorite restaurant, so I'm changing my vacation dates and going at that time to be with her, plus my Sister is planning on going. My Niece figured out what she's comfortable doing for Thanksgiving, we're going to order food in, individual meals so there's no risk of cross contamination, and eat outside. My Sister and I have 10x10 canopies and they have a nice covered deck, plus a fire pit. I'm actually really looking forward to an out-of-doors meals, even if the weather is crappy. Christmas my Sister will still have to figure out... we had talked about going out to dinner Christmas Eve, but the other food/meals are going to be a challenge.. maybe everyone brings their own snacks and we eat out again or order in.

There was some pretty rough play going on yesterday, I did separate the kittens a couple times but for the most part I believe it's up to them to work things out and set boundaries. This morning is much calmer, so they've either worn each other out or settled a few things. I think they are a good match, and when they are grown they will kind of look like they are from the same litter... fluffy and mottled coloring, even tho one is dark and one is light.

My motivation this week is the "what you think is what you manifest", working on turning my thoughts around to where I want them to be.

Just a quick check in.

One school is already closing because of a staff member (who had contact with every teacher and student) who tested positive for Covid19. Fun fact...this staff member never wore her mask the entire first week of school.

Another school just closed because of another staff member testing positive for Covid19.

Two schools down...

Busy week trying to get the house in OC organized and having the family here working and learning virtually.

Enjoyed catching up with everyone tonight. Oneanne, the kitten is adorable! So concerned for those of you back in the classroom. Loved all the motivational quotes.

Here’s mine, a little late-

DD4CD90E-0352-4808-9E79-94F221C5D1F5.jpeg

TOPIC TUESDAY: STRESS

How are you doing with the high levels of stress we are all currently under?
What things do you do to help relieve stress?

What is something new or different you can try?

View attachment 526017
Be proactive.

I was up half the night. I fretted, then came up with some solutions to the problems keeping me up. I emailed a coworker that could help. Then I was able to turn off my mind and go to sleep.

I also applied for a personal day on Friday. I’m using it for my all-day Dibels training, but I will be home, comfortable, and I won’t have to wear my mask and face shield.

My eating has gone down the toilet, but I’m walking a lot.

The last week was most stressful! From having 4 days to get all of our boxes unpacked into new classrooms, get furniture moved and arranged according to our Health & Safety Plan, figuring out how to teach both live and virtual students, and learning the new technology. But I worked hard to stay focused on what I can do in the moment. I still made time to do my workout and mela plan/prep so I can eat healthy (mostly). And after a few days of sleep loss, realized I needed to do something about that. So the last two nights I shut my computer off around 8:30/9:00 and started to get ready for bed. But I also did allow myself to get emotional yesterday morning and broke down to tears at how different the start of this school year is. But I think I had been holding that in for too long. I’m also someone who finds all those motivational quotes quite helpful! And I try to maintain a positive attitude towards by looking for thinks to be grateful for.

Everything seems worse when you’re not getting enough sleep-glad you are finding ways to handle that. When I was working and feeling stressed out (although nothing like you’re dealing with) sometimes just a good cry really helped-when it was over I could move on and actually deal with the stressors.
What helps me now is getting out outside for a walk-I think my thoughts, as my daughter used to say when she was little. And I read-that has always been a stress release for me.
And one thing I finally learned-ask for help! Whether it’s cleaning, meals, childcare or work. We can’t-and shouldn’t- do it alone.

Friday we got our Treadmill. I am so excited. I couldn't wait to use it. I got an hour in Friday night. Saturday I had to skip it. I woke up with a migraine and slept until 3 that day. Sunday I was feeling better but not great so I did just a slow walk while I was watching football. Nothing big but it was something. Yesterday, I got an hour in as well plus a walk outside for lunch. I have lost .2 pounds since yesterday. If I weigh myself everyday I seem to do better so I am going to go back to that.

My favorite Disney Memory, I have 2 from the same trip. It was our first trip with the kids. Both DH and I went once as a kid. The kids were 4.5 and 6 (I think he was still 5 for about another week. On our first day we went to MK. We were seeing a lot of the princesses in the morning because their lines got too long and we were trying to beat the crowds. First we saw Rapunzel (she was at the area next to the castle where i think Mereida is at now) We were towards the front of the line and the kids were coloring waiting for her to come out. As soon as she came out DD mouth dropped and all she could do is stare at her. She never took her eyes off of her. Right before it was out turn she pulled out her ponytail so she could show Rapunzel how long her hair was. It was pretty long at that time.

My second one happens right after this. Next on our list was to see Cinderella, Aurora and Bell at Town Hall. First up was Cinderella. DS was not happy about meeting more Princesses. The first thing he told Cinderella was that he was only there so he could do what he wanted after. She told him that he needed to find his special princess. and talked it up from there. He loved meeting them after that.

I have not been handling my stress great and it is something I am working on. I think the treadmill will help. I love walking on them.

I've totally lost what I call my "stress buffer" which gives me the ability to detach and observe when things amp up. Instead I'm going right into a tailspin, down the rabbit hole of unhealthy thoughts and actions: the forest fires and smoke are the proverbial last straw. At least I know I'm doing this, so there's that. And I know I need to do things differently, but for the past several days have been in curl-up-in-a-ball and shove-sugar-in-my-face mode . I know I have to physically move, I need to meditate and I need to journal... I guess if I start with just one of those it will begin to turn things around.

One stress reliever that I have managed to pull off... there's a huge pile of recycle on the curb waiting for pick up. I should take a picture of it, to prove I got one thing done this week.

I've totally lost what I call my "stress buffer" which gives me the ability to detach and observe when things amp up. Instead I'm going right into a tailspin, down the rabbit hole of unhealthy thoughts and actions: the forest fires and smoke are the proverbial last straw. At least I know I'm doing this, so there's that. And I know I need to do things differently, but for the past several days have been in curl-up-in-a-ball and shove-sugar-in-my-face mode . I know I have to physically move, I need to meditate and I need to journal... I guess if I start with just one of those it will begin to turn things around.

One stress reliever that I have managed to pull off... there's a huge pile of recycle on the curb waiting for pick up. I should take a picture of it, to prove I got one thing done this week.

Hang in there. Take one day and on step at a time. Start with writing in your journal since it sounds like it is not good for you to be outside right now. Then once you get that going hopefully you will be able to get out side with some fresh air. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter