Sept/Oct Planners Check in here

Thanks for the info everyone! I had been holding off as my Travel agent (here in oz) was trying to source WDW package in Aus dollars, but wholesalers couldnt offer the free dining past the 2nd of october ( although i see now its been extended to dec). I was trying to save a bit $$$, but i should just bite the bullet and book, at least the US TA are more experienced with this. I find alot of Travel agents here know very little about WDW ( and how huge it is).:confused3

When booking your package, do you go for the park hopper option? We only have 7 full days, one of those we are going to Kennedy space station. We will get the water parks though. Should we just plan 1 park per day?

Also what site do i book the ADR's on?

Starting to panic now!!! Oh how i wish i was more organised!!:eek:

Thanks everyone!!
:flower3:

Thanks for the info everyone! I had been holding off as my Travel agent (here in oz) was trying to source WDW package in Aus dollars, but wholesalers couldnt offer the free dining past the 2nd of october ( although i see now its been extended to dec). I was trying to save a bit $$$, but i should just bite the bullet and book, at least the US TA are more experienced with this. I find alot of Travel agents here know very little about WDW ( and how huge it is).:confused3

Oh thank goodness you did not book your WDW through an Aussie TA :woohoo:, they are SO expensive so what little you would have saved on free dining would have been taken up with the ridiculous prices they charge for the accommodation. EG: Our Disneyland accom at Grand Californian for a standard room through an aussie TA was over $600 a night!!!!! We got a Theme park view, through a US TA (or direct with Disney, same price) for just over $300 a night!!!!!

When booking your package, do you go for the park hopper option? We only have 7 full days, one of those we are going to Kennedy space station. We will get the water parks though. Should we just plan 1 park per day?

If you find a good TA in the US (we use www.magicaljourneystravel.com ) then they will help you with the best option to suit your family. US TA's do not put any mark up, they charge the same as booking direct.

If you are well organised with your dining, then you really don't have to take the park hopper option. We are and always have taken the park hopper option (although this time we are upgrading to an AP), but also we might be in a park for the morning, then have dinner and the evening at another park but you don' t have to do this. With waterparks and more, then those are extra ticket entries. If you have waterparks and more they give you the number of visits that your ticket has, so if you have a 6 day ticket, you have 6 theme park days and 6 entries to waterparks or disney quest etc (but 6 single entries, a waterpark and a visit to disney quest on the same day would take up two of the waterparks and more tickets) (so in effect 12 days if you wanted to do 6 days at waterparks :rotfl:) So you could get a 5 day ticket with waterparks and more (which is valid for 14 days from it's first use), do 5 days at the parks and one at waterpark, one at KSC. If that makes sense :laughing:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/

Once it's all booked it will be easy. Organising it half the fun, I love it. :goodvibes
Thanks everyone!!

I ALWAYS go with Hopper option.
It is great in theory one park per day...and if you were there 4 days then maybe it would work.
But we always run out of things to do at Animal Kingdom....and leave by around 2pm.
[Note with younger kids you will take longer on your first day with the parade, rafiki and the stamps and Mickey Minnie...but it still isn't a full day park without this]

The flexibility of a hopper it just absolutely worth it. Parade times and fantasmic times can change. Plus the crowds at one park may differ to expectations etc.

It is COMPLETELY worth it.

Thanks everyone!!

I can highly recommend Bob at www.mousetalestravel.com too. He has been beyond amazing, even with me going backwards and forwards on dates etc. Just give him or one of the other USA TA's the opportunity to come up with a price for you, I think you'll be shocked at the saving.

Thanks everyone!!

Definitely do the hopper option. You then have the flexibility to come and go to different parks. You may find that you will more likely park hop at night, depending on shows, parades and firework schedules.

With ADRs, you can also call Disney (in their time zone). There is a number on the WDW website.

I went with smallworldvacations for my US TA. Carrie was fantastic and she booked all my ADRs for me.

Hi, fairly new to the disboards and love the fact there is a site especially for Aussie members. Spent the last few weeks reading all that I could find on tips for WDW, DCL & AK. Lots of great info for DVC newbies like me.

Sept / Oct we will be doing the Med Cruise followed by WBTA, 3 weeks at WDW staying at AK, and 3 days at Universal to see Harry Potter theme park.

Any words of wisdom about staying at AK.
Things I am not to sure on is buying groceries, just thought of getting the basics, tea, coffee, milk etc and maybe some snacks, hopefully we will be at the parks for lunch and dinner. From the Disboards, a lot of people order from places outside WDW, given I just want the basics is it worth going down this road?
What about rooms, any pointers on best studio savanna view room to ask for when we book in at Kidani Village?

Has anyone been to the food and wine festival? Cannot seem to find out much about this except on the Disney site, want to find out more before we go so I can do some planning.

Thanks

B

Hi, I've sent you a PM as we are also doing the WBTA and I don't think you have found our cruise thread yet - there are a few Aussies on that sailing and we are flying the flag for NZ.

You mention Kidani village, thats the DVC resort, I did hear that all DVC studios are fully booked for parts of Oct due to Food&Wine being on so you should request Savannah view now - you may already be too late.

I find a better WDW resource personally is the Podcasts - the Dis Unplugged which is affiliated with these boards. They usually have a show on the F&W festival each year so it would pay to go back through the archives and find the shows relating to it.

Hope to meet you on the cruise ;)

Hi, fairly new to the disboards and love the fact there is a site especially for Aussie members. Spent the last few weeks reading all that I could find on tips for WDW, DCL & AK. Lots of great info for DVC newbies like me.

Sept / Oct we will be doing the Med Cruise followed by WBTA, 3 weeks at WDW staying at AK, and 3 days at Universal to see Harry Potter theme park.

Any words of wisdom about staying at AK.
Things I am not to sure on is buying groceries, just thought of getting the basics, tea, coffee, milk etc and maybe some snacks, hopefully we will be at the parks for lunch and dinner. From the Disboards, a lot of people order from places outside WDW, given I just want the basics is it worth going down this road?
What about rooms, any pointers on best studio savanna view room to ask for when we book in at Kidani Village?

Has anyone been to the food and wine festival? Cannot seem to find out much about this except on the Disney site, want to find out more before we go so I can do some planning.

Thanks

B

AKL is fantastic, last time we stayed there it was for three weeks and we loved every minute. On this trip we will be staying for 8 nights. For groceries we ordered from garden grocer (www.gardengrocer.com) they deliver to the hotel and it was fantastic. If you are not there to receive the groceries they will be stored will by Bell Services and if there is fridge stuff then they store it in the fridge of freezer. If you choose a delivery time before you check in then they can bring the groceries up with your luggage. I will be using them again on our upcoming trip for basics like water and snacks.

From memory the room did have a coffee machine though, not sure about the studios though. You could also get one of the refillable mugs and then you don't need to worry about buying the tea and coffee. At the resort gift shop they do have a small grocery section with basic grocery items and at Mara the quick service they have fruit and other snacks. It is just a matter of working out which is the cheaper way to go for your family. I am not sure if there is a refillable mug station at Kidani or if it's only at Mara at Jambo, it will be a bit annoying refilling your mugs if there isn't one handy to your studio.

The info isn't up yet for the food and wine festival, there is a sticky thread over on the restaurants board. There is this website from Disney that will be active any day, but you can bookmark it for info once it becomes active
http://www.foodwinefest.com/

Hi, I've sent you a PM as we are also doing the WBTA and I don't think you have found our cruise thread yet - there are a few Aussies on that sailing and we are flying the flag for NZ.

You mention Kidani village, thats the DVC resort, I did hear that all DVC studios are fully booked for parts of Oct due to Food&Wine being on so you should request Savannah view now - you may already be too late.

I find a better WDW resource personally is the Podcasts - the Dis Unplugged which is affiliated with these boards. They usually have a show on the F&W festival each year so it would pay to go back through the archives and find the shows relating to it.

Hope to meet you on the cruise ;)
Just thought I would clarify that with DVC you BOOK a particular view. You don't REQUEST it.
You can within a category request a location but at Kidani it is either savannah view or something else (pool view, standard view etc...)
I would after choosing the view you want...ask for near the LIFT. It can be a loooong walk to some rooms in Kidani.

At Kidani you can get mug refills at the pool but there isn't a CS (like Mara) there at all. This is a major bummer and something that nearly every DVC member wants rectified.

We go to the off site supermarket and buy our own supermarket supplies as we always rent a car as it is far simpler so I can't comment on delivery or that stuff.

The studio comes with a small under counter fridge. Not teeny tiny but limited. You can't fit a pint of Ben and Jerry's into the freezer part easily...you kinda need to crush it.
But you can fit milk in the door etc.
There is a coffeemaker but NO kettle in the studios :headache:
Microwave is good and handy.
:wave:

Just thought I would clarify that with DVC you BOOK a particular view. You don't REQUEST it.
You can within a category request a location but at Kidani it is either savannah view or something else (pool view, standard view etc...)
I would after choosing the view you want...ask for near the LIFT. It can be a loooong walk to some rooms in Kidani.

I'm not sure if you do a cash reservation at Kidani if you book or request a view type? I know with points you pretty much make a choice based on how many points you wish to use but is it different with a cash booking (I assumed she meant she wasn't a DVC member and paying cash - I figured that would work as per any other hotel request)?

We are staying at Kidani in September for 10 nights in a savannah view studio and I can't wait!

Disney on Ice brings ‘Toy Story 3′ to Orlando, Lakeland in September

Have you heard the buzz? The toys will be back in town.
The newest Disney on Ice production, Toy Story 3, comes to Central Florida in September. Preferred customer tickets are available now and those for the general public go on sale at 10 a.m. July 23.
The show follows Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jessie and the rest of the Toy Story gang as they escape from Sunnyside Daycare, and Lotso Bear and Barbie’s Ken join the cast this time around. There also will be memorable moments from Toy Story 1 and 2, such as Buzz’s galactic battle with Emperor Zurg and a hoe-down at Woody’s Roundup.
Show times for Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story 3 at Orlando’s Amway Arena are 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10; 11:30 a.m., 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Sept. 11; and 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Sept. 12. The production also travels to The Lakeland Center for shows at 3:30 and 7:30 p.m. Sept 3; and 3:30 and 7:30 p.m. Sept. 4.
Tickets will be sold through Ticketmaster and other ticket brokers, and the arena box offices.

I'm on the list for Sept/Oct 2010 Planners!

Hubby will be heading to WDW from 23 Oct - 27 Oct for a 3 day conference, staying at CSR. Afterwhich, he'll be heading to Silicon Valley from 27 - 29 Oct. Arriving home on the 31 Oct.

My equation is 2 days flying for 6 days in the US :woohoo:.

I just need to buy a plane ticket for me....but I'll have to wait to see which flights hubby books on....

Now. I. just. need. to. tell. the. young. boy. he's. not. going!

Anyone know a good way to spring this "surprise" on to him??? :teeth:

(Just kidding....I've already broken the bad news to him...he took it surprisingly well).

Hubby will be heading to WDW from 23 Oct - 27 Oct for a 3 day conference, staying at CSR. Afterwhich, he'll be heading to Silicon Valley from 27 - 29 Oct. Arriving home on the 31 Oct.

I just need to buy a plane ticket for me....but I'll have to wait to see which flights hubby books on....

(Just kidding....I've already broken the bad news to him...he took it surprisingly well).

Woo Hoo, congrat's. Gosh there are going to be a lot of Aussies and Kiwi's at WDW in Sept/Oct! It's the place to be :thumbsup2 Anyone who is anyone will be at WDW in Sept/Oct :lmao:

I'm glad that your DS took it well :) Maybe he has visions of a pretty good welcome home/from the trip gift when you get home :rotfl: Is he making a list?

Woo Hoo, congrat's. Gosh there are going to be a lot of Aussies and Kiwi's at WDW in Sept/Oct! It's the place to be :thumbsup2 Anyone who is anyone will be at WDW in Sept/Oct :lmao:

I'm glad that your DS took it well :) Maybe he has visions of a pretty good welcome home/from the trip gift when you get home :rotfl: Is he making a list?

Yes. Just as well I'm planning on being in Epcot for some of my time...

1. Bakugan from Japan
2. Bakugan from Japan
3. Bakugan from Japan

:rotfl2:

Congratulations Princess in Oz :banana::banana::banana:

Happy offical planning for the now happening trip :rotfl:

Yes. Just as well I'm planning on being in Epcot for some of my time...

1. Bakugan from Japan
2. Bakugan from Japan
3. Bakugan from Japan

:rotfl2:

Yes I completely understand this. My DS loves Bakugan too. I showed him the photo of your son at Japan with the Bakugan display from your trip report when you posted it and he said "oh sick". When we were at DL in December we had to take a special trip to Toys r us and he filled his trolley (well almost). They are just such ridiculously expensive things for what they are (I think anyway :rotfl: but my DS does not seem to think that). He loves gormitis too, which we haven't found here, he bought them in Europe and also in the US and there is a new DS game for the gormitis coming out when we are in the US so he's excited about that.

So we will be stocking up on Bakugan and Gormitis. He's been saving his money to stock up :lmao:

Thanks all for the great info. Booked AKL early in Dec (DVC member and home resort) requested a savannah view with points. Queenie, thanks for the advice on asking for a room near the lifts, first thing I will do when we arrive. As to the groceries, decided we will buy on resort, only 2 of us and we plan to spend most of the time at the Epcot for Food and Wine Festival, booked a few restaurants, Rose & Crown twice, DH favorite. As to the cruises, just started to explore. thanks for the links, there is so much to read on the DISBoards for info on the excursions, planning to do a lot of them by ourselves, DCL excursions booked are one in Florence and Tunis, going to cancel Naples, from the boards it seems easy to do Pompeii by ourselves. Only disappointment so far is not being able to book Brunch at Palo on WBTA. Thanks to everyone on your tips makes planning these Disney trips so much easier.

Only disappointment so far is not being able to book Brunch at Palo on WBTA. Thanks to everyone on your tips makes planning these Disney trips so much easier.

My understanding is that its typical for the longer cruises but you shouldn't have any issues booking once on board.

I hope so, also want to try and book High Tea but not sure if this is being done on the WBTA. Annual pass for WDW, last item on my list - finally sorted and paid for tonight (just in case the aussie dollars drops again this week). Nothing else to do except finish planning the excursions and of course how am I going to fit all my clothes and shoes into one case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter