Sept/Oct Planners Check in here

Hi PrincessinOz,

a big mickey helium balloon in a box at the front door on the morning we leave is going to tell them. while they are eating breakfast getting ready for school (so they think). I cannot wait!!!!!!!

a big mickey helium balloon in a box at the front door on the morning we leave is going to tell them. while they are eating breakfast getting ready for school (so they think). I cannot wait!!!!!!!

I wish someone would do that for me!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

I know me too! At least doing it for them will be nearly as exciting. It's really hard for DH and I to contain ourselves though. Hopefully the the next 11 weeks will go really fast though as we're not able to obsess and talk openly about the trip like we all usually do. :banana:

I know me too! At least doing it for them will be nearly as exciting. It's really hard for DH and I to contain ourselves though. Hopefully the the next 11 weeks will go really fast though as we're not able to obsess and talk openly about the trip like we all usually do. :banana:

I really admire you and your DH because I know there's no way I could contain my excitement or keep my mouth shut in front of my children for that long :rotfl2:

Hi PrincessinOz,

Dang! That means we have to wait until you get back to find out their reactions :rotfl:.

This sounds great! I second TravelMum's wish......

Hi PrincessinOz,

Where did you order the helium balloon from?

Hi MsShuttergirl. Good to hear from you. I got the balloon from Spotlight. I had seen them last year and dreamt of the doing the whole surprise thing then even though Dh had even mentioned we were going again so soon (or ever again). I had been waiting for an opportunity to get to Spotlight and get it ever since we booked and DD asked to go there to get some things for her dance costume it was kind of my chance only the kids were with me so I had to be sneaky and wait until she made her purchases and then when we got downstairs to Gloria Jeans I happened to remember I needed a couple of school supplies:rotfl: so I raced back to get it and bought a couple of plastic tablecloths for school to hide it with.
Sorry for the long story but as we left I decided to walk across the road to Ikea to get the kids a hot dog. There was a massive puddle outside the building that I for some reason not known to me, devided to walk right through the middle of (even the kids had the sense to walk around it), anyway one step and I was airborne for what seemed like an eternity and then thud...... on my tailbone. I was frozen with pain lying in a pool with strangers running from everywhere to my aide, and taking my bags off my arms. While plans where being made for ambulances etc all I was worried about was the bag with the Mickey balloon. Don't let anyone see it I thought (Oh and my beautiful Coach bag I got last year sitting in the water :sad1:

Anyway after a week off work everything was ok, especially the balloon, it was all I was worried about, oh and if my tailbone would allow me to sit on the plane for 14 hrs LOL!

I have however seen the same balloons on Ebay. It is really large so I'm going to need to get a big box to put it in from somewhere.

Hi MsShuttergirl. Good to hear from you. I got the balloon from Spotlight. I had seen them last year and dreamt of the doing the whole surprise thing then even though Dh had even mentioned we were going again so soon (or ever again). I had been waiting for an opportunity to get to Spotlight and get it ever since we booked and DD asked to go there to get some things for her dance costume it was kind of my chance only the kids were with me so I had to be sneaky and wait until she made her purchases and then when we got downstairs to Gloria Jeans I happened to remember I needed a couple of school supplies:rotfl: so I raced back to get it and bought a couple of plastic tablecloths for school to hide it with.
Sorry for the long story but as we left I decided to walk across the road to Ikea to get the kids a hot dog. There was a massive puddle outside the building that I for some reason not known to me, devided to walk right through the middle of (even the kids had the sense to walk around it), anyway one step and I was airborne for what seemed like an eternity and then thud...... on my tailbone. I was frozen with pain lying in a pool with strangers running from everywhere to my aide, and taking my bags off my arms. While plans where being made for ambulances etc all I was worried about was the bag with the Mickey balloon. Don't let anyone see it I thought (Oh and my beautiful Coach bag I got last year sitting in the water :sad1:

Anyway after a week off work everything was ok, especially the balloon, it was all I was worried about, oh and if my tailbone would allow me to sit on the plane for 14 hrs LOL!

I have however seen the same balloons on Ebay. It is really large so I'm going to need to get a big box to put it in from somewhere.

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry to hear about your accident but I did :lmao: when I read that all you cared about was the balloon.

So does it already have helium in it? Or is it a normal balloon that you have to blow up?

I might go and have a look on ebay.

no, it's flat at the moment. Will take it to the florist on the arvo before the big reveal. Then leave in the box in hubby's car overnight. Already I worry about DH letting go of it as he's making his way to his car, or what if someone steals his car that night????? Call me a pre Disney stresser! Every time I worry we will lose one of the kids over there. Hubby reassures me we haven't yet but for some stupid reason I think like this in the middle of the night :lmao:

no, it's flat at the moment. Will take it to the florist on the arvo before the big reveal. Then leave in the box in hubby's car overnight. Already I worry about DH letting go of it as he's making his way to his car, or what if someone steals his car that night????? Call me a pre Disney stresser! Every time I worry we will lose one of the kids over there. Hubby reassures me we haven't yet but for some stupid reason I think like this in the middle of the night :lmao:

Hahahaha, I think a little like that also.

I just saw some cute life size Mickey and Minnie balloons on Ebay.

lovintheland - Hope you are doing better :) Puddles are evil things...
Ms. Shuttergirl - It was a few years back but I remember Toys r us used to sell foil disney balloons. You know in the party and cards section? They also sell Halloween stuff around October etc. in that section.
As for blowing it up we have a party supplies and hire place nearby that we bought (non disney) party balloons from and got blown up at with helium for a party. They sell weights to tie it too etc. They might sell foil balloons as well?

As for that new ticker!!!!!! WOW!!!!

Thanks Queenie, my tailbone is great now, well mostly. My ankle however is another story. Dh and I went running this afternoon which was a great chance for us to talk disney out loud, well in between catching breaths of course and the kids were walking the dogs and way out of ear shot. All was going well until I got ahead of Dh and debated whether I should wait for him to catch up as I didn't want to lose my momentum, so finally I decided to jog on the spot and wait and just as he caught up I rolled my ankle off the path. AAAAARRRRGGHHHH, I swear I thought it was broken and again my first thought was Disneyland!!!! It feels much better now though and after the initial pain and resting it. I must keep getting fitter for Disney, it's the best incentive I need :cheer2:

loveintheland - I glad that your pain in your you know where is so much better. As they say in show business - "break a leg"! :rotfl2:

hey

thank god its school hols, i can now plan to my hearts content for the next 3 weeks :) can you believe how quick time is flying by.......

roll on september...

hey

thank god its school hols, i can now plan to my hearts content for the next 3 weeks :) can you believe how quick time is flying by.......

roll on september...

Can not agree more Karen. This time next school holidays we will be at WDW.

Our count down chain I got from a fellow DISer starts today. It has 72 links for each day we have left and each link has Disney trivia on it.

Thank god just about all our planning is done except making dining reservations at DL and arranging transfers. Then I can sit back and relax.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Okay so anyone who is going late Sept/early Oct to WDW, what parks are you hitting what days? I have the Crowd Calendar for Touring Plans but often they are recommending 2 parks for that day and I'm finding it hard to decide. Also, MK doesn't get much of a mention in the recommended days and the day it does is a 5 rated day, when most of the other days are 1-3 rated days.

My head hurts :lmao:.

Can you share with me what you are doing when?

Okay so anyone who is going late Sept/early Oct to WDW, what parks are you hitting what days? I have the Crowd Calendar for Touring Plans but often they are recommending 2 parks for that day and I'm finding it hard to decide. Also, MK doesn't get much of a mention in the recommended days and the day it does is a 5 rated day, when most of the other days are 1-3 rated days.

My head hurts :lmao:.

Can you share with me what you are doing when?

Spent ages working out all of our days (with a lot of help from Tour Guide Mike) and working out our ADR's we have planned so far.

22nd MK
23rd AK
24th HS
25th Waterpark
26th EP
27th MK
28th HS/EP - Shopping/Spare Afternoon
29th Pool/Shopping
30th AK
1st Waterpark
2nd Pool/Shopping
3rd ?
4th HS
5th EP
6th AK
7th MK (MNSSHP)
8th ?
9th Shopping
10th Discovery Cove
11th Seaworld
12th Favourite Rides (Last Day)
13th Fly Home

We have a few spare/Pool/Shopping Days so on those days we may go to Universal, shopping, hang by the pool, anything we really feel like doing.

thanks Aussietravellers. I will use that to help me work out my parks. Awesome amount of time you are spending, you know already that I am blown away by that LOL. You must come back so happy and relaxed.

Just read the update on rehabs during our stay and I am a little sad that 2 rides one a favourite and the other a new one I wanted to try are closed.

Star Tours and Toy Story Mania are both closed.

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Just read the update on rehabs during our stay and I am a little sad that 2 rides one a favourite and the other a new one I wanted to try are closed.

Star Tours and Toy Story Mania are both closed.

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I have read that TSM is closed in August, (16th to 27th)

Small World will be closed too until 22nd October. I have never been to Disney and not been on Small World, very sad :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter