Sept. 11th, 2004!!! Roll Call!

:grouphug:
:boat:
Bump, Bumpity, Bump, Bump!
Where are all those other September 11 cruisers?
Has anyone thought about a DIS meet yet?:cool1:
:wave2:

:bounce: A great big hello to all you fellow crusiers!!! We to(myself, my hubby and our two daughters, ages 6&11) will be setting sail on the Disney Magic on Sept. 11th.

We are getting soooo excited. This will be our frist trip on a crusie and our first trip to WDW, which mean we have a TON of questions. So far we have planed 5 days in the Orlando area, with 3 day passes to WDW, 1 day at Sea World and 1 day at Universal followed by 7 days at sea.

Well I just wanted to take a moment to introduce our family and share our excitment.

We look forward to meeting many fellow cruisers on the ship.

:wave2: Welcome scrapperjill. :jumping1:
Everyone here is excited too! Coming to these boards keeps from getting crazy until cruise time!
Your trip sounds great!

Welcome Scrapperjill! You are in great hands with the DISboards. Everyone here will be able to answer all of your questions. Your family will have a wonderful time both in Orlando and on the cruise! I assume by your user ID that you scrapbook? You will need ALOT of film or a huge digital card (or more than one) to take all of the pics that you will be taking:) .

Kathy

Welcome scrapperjill :wave2:
Your pre-cruise time in Orlando sounds like fun! Wish we could be gone that long!!!::yes::

:bounce: Your correct on the scrappbooking. I have been an avid scrappbooker for 6 years. I can't wait to do anoher disney album. I'm getting all stocked up memory cards. so far I've gathered 3-256 card which will hold HUNDREDS of photos. And of course plan on bring the lap top to download them in the evening to clear the cards. I'm still trying to decide if I should bring my SLR camera also, or just do digital.

The SLR is so big and bulky, I do have a smaller point and shoot, but our digital is real small and handy. decisions, decisions, decisions....

scrapperjill - I also am an avid scrapbooker. Although I am very behind with my kids books, I am current with my Disney books (almost)! You should be good with 3 cards and your computer. The nice thing about the digital is that you can delete them if they do not look good. I only took my digital last time and was kind of dissapointed because, although it takes wonderful pics, I had a hard time with my pics inside and when it was somewhat dark. My camera did not take good pics in those situations. I think I may bring both cameras next time.

Kathy

:confused:
Oh dear now I have to worry about what camera to take. I have an excellent SLR. (Yes scrapperjill mine is bulky too.)
And a point and shoot which takes lovely pictures. I have been considering getting a digital camera.
But now comes the dilemma. Should I get a very simple point and shoot digital? Or a slightly more complicated one? I know that a removable memory card is essential as is a zoom lens. Do I need a big bulky one similar to my SLR? And all the brands make me dizzy. Do I go with a known reliable camera company or a software/hardware company or an electronics (not known for computers) company)? :scared: :crazy:
Or am I just obsessing too much about this cruise.
Thank goodness for this board. It is somewhere to go when no one understands me!:crazy:
"Hello, my name is Nancy and I am a Disney addict who is becoming more obsessive/compulsive over this trip!":rotfl:

hello to everyone again!!!!!:bounce:

i hope you era enjoying prepairing your trip, but i'm nervous about it,i'm getting crazy, i need to go NOW!!

well, i hope to receive soon the new disney cruise guide maybe is going to be enough waiting for our trip.::MickeyMo

anyone knows about the prices of digital cameras in your country? in the USA?

i was thinking about to buy one there,maybe is cheaper than here in spain.

see ya soon!!!::MickeyMo

Hi DVCSpain,

I'm definitely not claiming to be an expert on digital cameras but the price here in the US is rather reasonable. The Sony Cyber-shot 3.2 Megapixel is less than $300 US. This is a decent camera and will take good pictures outside but indoor photos won't be the greatest quality. I have this camera for casual use (quick trips to the park with my son). I recently purchased the Canon EOS Digital Rebel which is a 6.3 Megapixel for $1000 and absolutely love it. The photo quality is wonderful no matter where the picture is taken and it's easy to use. It really depends on how many pixels you think you need and the price will increase as the number of pixels increases. I hope that helps.

Have a great day.
Sarah

thank you!!!!

anyone else?

it seems the price is like here in spain......

i don't know what to do:(

Try Bestbuy.com You can compare digital camera's and get an idea on what you'll pay for a camera in the US.

Wow, it looks as if I have to do some more research on digital cameras before I buy. And price is a big consideration.::yes::

Now if I could only win the lottery I wouldn't have to be concerned with the price. But with my luck I would buy a pricey one only to have them come out with a better one that is less expensive a week later :tilt: :headache:

At least this board keeps me 'sane'. :smooth:

THANK YOU!!!!
i was looking into bestbuy.com and it seems that the prices looks like here so maybe i'm going to buy my camera here.

sarah,you said that the sony camera don't do a good indoor photos, why? doesn't it have something to choose the quality of the photo? doesn't enouhg 3 pixels?

I bought my digital camera at Best buy. It's a Sony cybershot, model DSC-T1. I love it. It does GREAT in dark rooms. Has lot's of options but easy to use, and is small and compact for easy travel.

Question about what to pack. I know it's a while away but from the sounds of other posts I have read we will be packing ALOT. How do you manage with formal night, semi-formal, theme nights and so on. We were planning on bringing one small suitcase each....I'm not sure if it will all fit now. Any help would be great. :sunny:

DVCSpain,

The Sony Cyber-shot that I have is a good camera overall but my experience indoors hasn't been the greatest. The photos always come out too dark and it just doesn't compare to my Canon EOS. Yes, there are options you can change depending on the shot but even the sharpest setting will still turn out darker than I prefer. I would say 3 megapixels isn't quite enough if you want to have your photos printed for use in scrapbooks or photo albums, but if you're only emailing 3 megapixels should be fine. I enjoy my Canon because it is rather easy to use and the quality is wonderful. The only possible drawback for some may be that it is larger than the Sony or other smaller digitals but its not something that bothers me.

Take care.
Sarah

:bounce: :Pinkbounc Yes missycat, upgrades for all of us!!!!!::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::
I'm in a veranda room now does that mean I'll get a suite with my upgrade? I can only hope!:jumping1:
:cool1: Doing the upgrade dance.:wave2:

My parents cruised in Sept 2000 and they were originally booked in a family stateroom (category 4). The week prior to their departure they were called and offered a Category 3 Suite. Of course they accepted and loved it so much that we've faxed in our requests for the Roy and Walt Disney Suites for a family cruise in 2006.

My husband, son and I are booked in a Category 5 for the Sept. 11th cruise and I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves immensely!

Have a great weekend Ya'll!

Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter