Sept. 11th, 2004!!! Roll Call!

Welcome aboard, new cruisers!:cheer2: Looks like we've got quite a group for our sailing. It seems like such a long wait, but I'm sure it will be here before we know it.

Anyone inclined to sign up for the repositioning cruise in May, 2005? DCL should announce dates and pricing tomorrow. We're thinking about it, but are hesitant to pull our teen out of school...if we go, she will miss the last week of her sophmore year.:confused:

Hope all is well with everyone. Happy planning!

Lisa:earsgirl:

Welcome new cruisers! Glad to have you here!
We have been discussing a DISmeet on the cruise.
So far the opinions seem to be that Saturday is tough because of embarkation, getting ressies, the safety drill and the sailaway party.
Sunday morning looks better. I know that according to the posted Navigators there is a DVC meeting at 10:00 AM (I always go to DVC member meetings).
It has been suggested that we meet for breakfast about 9:00 at the buffet.
Having read cruise trip reports there have been DIS meets on Saturday just before the safety drill, at the sailaway party, Sunday morning for brunch at Palo's, the night before the cruise at the Radisson and just about everywhere else.
So how about some more opinions/ideas? I would love to meet all of you. ::yes:: :wave2:

Welcome fredascrapper! Glad to have you 'aboard'!
Is your daughter the one who posted the thread about being 13 and going on our cruise? If not then look at this board list and check for the thread that talks about being 13 and goin on this cruise.;)

Our daughter is 13 as is aaronamy's daughter! princess: princess:
They are very good friends and would love to meet other friends their age!::yes::

Mattnlaura,

Too weird!! We were on the three night cruise too... for dinner we sat at a table of honey-mooners so who knows??
Drinks sound great... and I’m going to need a whole bar-full if we can’t go to Castaway Cay - - I’m a true Disney fan and after that I had bad thoughts tward disney because of the way the handeld that whole trip... :rolleyes: but all is well now...
We have gone to Diseny World about 12 times since then! I’m actually leaving next week for a Girls Trip with my mom & my sister-in-law!!
I can’t wait!! We’ll be there before we know it! :hyper:

-nat :earsgirl:

Look at all the scrappers on the board:D . fredascrapper & cathyscrapper...I'm just guessing you two scrap?? If so we'lll have to do some photo share..to add more pics to our albums, from diffrent points of view :p .

We have two girls that will be 6 & 11 at trip time...any other kids going around those ages?

Our youngest can be a little shy at times. I am hoping she likes the kids club enough to give it a try. I'm sure is we can get her to go once...she won't want to leave. Any tips on how to easy her anxiety when it's drop of time. Hey maybe we'll get lucky and she'll be excited to go even before we get there....I can only hope. :)

Hello scrapperjill,

Yes, fredascrapper and I are scrapbookers and also best friends for many years. Freda's daughters will be 7 and 13 at cruise time. My daughter will be 7 and my son will be 3. Hoping they all like the kid programs too. Looking forward to meeting you all as well as keeping tabs on latest updates and news on cruising.

Cathy

My 13 year old daughter would love to meet other girls her age on the cruise. She actually has a user name on the disboards - she is tinkerbell710 if any of your children would like to send messages to her. Our younger daughter who will be 7 in July makes friends with any child.

SCRAPPERJILL - our 7 year old daughter would love to meet your daughter. She is so sweet and would enjoy helping her feel
comfortable in the children's activities.

NancyDVC - I think my daughter did start that thread - if it says tinkerbell710 - it's her!! She thinks this really neat, because before we found this site, the only Disney she knew were my friend Cathy and me!!!

We're looking forward to meeting all of you!!

Freda

Hi everyone, glad to see so many new cruisers on board. :wave2: I'll have to tell my 13 DD to check out Tinkerbell 710. Now I just need a friend for my 10 DS anyone out there?:listen: Im so glad we are planning on the Dis meet, Sunday sounds good to me, the only problem might be if you have the character breakfast on Sunday(we did on our last 7 day) because I think if you have late seating it doesn't start until around 9:30. I'm sure we will never find a time that is perfect for everyone though. :sunny:

When do you find out about the character breakfast? Do all passengers get to go? Or just the passengers with children? What days are they held?

Does anyone else have ideas for a time and place for a DIS meet?
I haven't broken the news to my mother or friend that we are (or possible just I am) going to a DIS meet.

It's getting closer.:cheer2:
We booked our airfare this week. We leave from NY early on Friday so that we can have lunch with friends. We are staying at the Radisson on Friday night. Is anyone else flying in on Friday? If so where are you staying?:wave2:

Does anyone know which characters are at the breakfast? DD6 would love to know which princesses are onboard also. Thanks

Cathy

I had no idea there was a character breakfast... I hope it's not just for kids... cause I wanna go!!!
Hey- does anyone know if or where there is a place to see the schedule of events like the on board navigator?? :confused:

thanks!! I can't wait!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

-nat:earsgirl:

Okay here goes (and if it doesn't work please don't blame me).
Try Barb's site the Platinum Castaway Club www.castawayclub.com
(And if my link didn't work just type in www.castawayclub.com)
They have Navigators for all the cruises and there is a relatively new one (1/04) posted for the Western. Just scroll down the page on the left to Navigators/Activities and click on it and then on the Navigators you want to see. Each cruise is arranged by days-Day1, Day 2 etc. And each Navigator has several pages.
I don't recall if the Navigators tell you about when the character breakfasts are held, but I believe they are held on the at sea days. ::yes:: :wave2:
I would also like to go to a character breakfast but who knows if my traveling companions (Mom age 78 and best friend - mature woman) will want to.:rolleyes1

Everyone gets to go to the character breakfast!:bounce: :Pinkbounc Its lots of fun. Mickey and Minnie, Chip and Dale, Pluto and Goofy, Daisy and Donald were all there. We didn't have any of the princess at ours but they were on the ship for photos. Your day of character breakfast has something to do with your dinning rotation. We had ours on Sunday but that was the Eastern and the first day at sea, so maybe they wouldn't have it on Sunday since we will be stopping in Key West. I don't care I'll just be so HAPPY. I was at Target yesterday and bought the Mickey walkie talkies, they were on clearence for 14.99 they are so cute and 5 characters voices are on them:goodvibes The funny thing was my husband was the one who really wanted them!:teeth: Can't wait to try them out on the cruise!

hello to everybody,it's a long time ago that i was not here but i'm here again.

i'm waiting for the character breakfast too,it's really funny .

the meeting is going on,isn't it?:wave2:

:hyper: Thanks for the link for the navagator!! Now I can't wait more than ever!!!! I counted only 18 weeks to go!!! :teeth:

-nat :earsgirl:

Four months from today we'll be at sea!!!! (It is still May 11 here in NY) Whee!:Pinkbounc :bounce:
Packed? Who is packed? I'll be lucky if I'm packed sooner than night before!

dvcspain-yes we are still trying to plan a DIS meet. So far Sunday for breakfast about 9:00 AM (at the buffet) seems to be the best time. Or how about Sunday breakfast in the sit down restaurant?
That is what started all the talk about the Character breakfast. Folks don't want to miss it!:upsidedow
Everyone let's get those thinking caps on. I would like to meet everyone early in the cruise so that we can say Hi etc. all week. And anyone who has kids near the same ages would be able to see if the kids can meet too! (I think it would make the kids more comfortable all week to have some "DIS friends".
I keep reading about all those other DIS cruise meets and they sound like fun!:cool2: :grouphug:

Hello!
well, it's ok on sunday but how are we going to know each other? and can they prepare a table for us?

it would be nice at the sit down restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter