Sept. 11th, 2004!!! Roll Call!

I am all over that ::yes::. We will have the ship to ourselves. No rushing to get the Palo's reses, or to get good seats at the shows. There will be plenty of deck chair for lounging around and lots of room at the pool....I can see it now. :smooth:

Okay, Okay it's just a dream. But with the way the board is looking maybe my dream will come true. I'll take the upgrade:teeth:

:wave:

Gosh its been since a long time since I checked in, glad to have new cruisers:p Im into scrapbooking too, only I am way behind. However I do have my last Disney cruise done and it was so much fun reliving all those great memories:teeth: We just bought a new cannon video camera but hopefully we won't have to buy any others. Id rather save my money for vacation!!!!!!!!!

Although we too have a room with a verandah, I too would not object to being upgraded!

Dont feel bad aaronamy, I too am way behind on my kids books. Although, I too have my last cruise book done (almost)! I cannot wait to be able to scrap another cruise!

We are getting closer.............

Kathy

:( I don't scrapbook. Probably because I am so disorganized. I never seem to get my photos into an album in a timely fashion either.
Has anyone thought about setting up a DIS meet? Since this will be my first DCL cruise I am willing to accept any and all suggestions for where and when to meet. I would love to meet all of you. I have read about meets that took place during or just before or after the 'Sailaway Party' or early Sunday morning. I am sailing with my best friend and my Mom. We have the early seating for dinner because of my Mom (she can't eat too late in the evening). I believe the DVC members meeting usually takes place on Sunday morning so that will take precedence for me. (Yes I attend all the member updates that I can at WDW.)
Any and all suggestions are welcome.
I am planning to watch the sailaway party from deck 10, where according to my research it is easy to watch the party and the pier and not be too crowded.
So lets get some suggestions for where and when to meet and how to recognize everyone. (I always seem to find it impossible to locate lime green ribbon when I really want some.)
TTFN Looking forwrd to meeting everyone!:wave2:

Hello Nancy!!!
i would like to btu it would be difficult to do it because my english is not very good and my wife doesn't speak it.
but i would like to do it!!!

i want to know one more thing, what is the DVC member update about?
i never been there because i'm a new member so i would like to got in the disney cruise line.
thank you!!!

Hi dvcspain,
I have never cruised on DCL before so I am not very knowlegeable about the DVC update on the cruise. From what I have heard they give out prizes, some refreshments and some information about how you can better use your DVC membership.
The member update at the resorts is currently held twice a week on Tuesdays at OKW and on Thursdays at BWV, in each resort's Community Hall. It begins at 8:00 AM (get there early because it fills up quickly. They give updates about new perks, the new resort (SSR), trading out of DVC using II and answer questions. I enjoy the updates and go whenever I am at a DVC resort.

My Spanish is worse than your English-"Me Espanol es muy malo Y poquito." "Yo entiende nada mas." But I am willing to try.

You are welcome at the DIS meet and so is your wife! If she doesn't mind my broken Spanish. :wave2: Maybe my Spanish will improve with practice.::yes::

I too would be interested in a DISmeet, however would not know where to begin. I do think that Sunday would be a better day, as there is alot of running around on the first day. It really goes by so fast - before you know it the day is done. Maybe we should just start throwing out ideas and get a majority vote. I am game for anything.

Kathy

As a newbie I have to rely on those of you who are veteran cruisers.
According to the latest Navigators on the www.castawayclub.com site the DVC meeting is from 10:00-11:00. And the first excursions begin to meet at 11:45AM.

:idea: The ship is due in at 12:00 noon. How does an early Sunday morning (9:00 AM) DIS meet sound?:listen:
Is this doable?
:wave2:

Welcome Sunshine103! My kids are very close in age to yours - my DS will be 8 when we sail and my DD will be almost 5.

Kathy

it would be nice to have that meeting at 9,it would be soon or late? that day is the DVC meeting,isn't it?

what about breakfast? we could have breakfast together.

Welcome sunshine103! great group here!
Yes dvcspain Sunday is the day of the DVC meeting but according to the Navigator it isn't until 10:00 AM so a DIS meet at 9:00 AM should not interfere.
Breakfast sounds good to me but not too early. I believe that breakfast at the buffet is from 7:00 AM or so until 10:30 or 11:00 so a breakfast meet would be okay.
Kathy (ampmg) is right the first day seems to involve a lot of running around-boarding, getting ressies at Palo's, the spa and the kids clubs, the boat drill and the sailaway party.

:rockband: :happy2:
We have the early seating for dinner so that makes for more time constraints. We hope to do one of the tours in Key West (Conch Train or Trolley) because my Mom can't walk too far.
:wave: I'd like to meet everyone early in the cruise so that we can get to know one another.
Any other suggestions?:listen: :scratchin
Keep thinking folks!:wave2:

I would agree that Sunday morning would be a good time...but again not to early. I would think with all the traveling we will be doing on Sat. that we will all be fairly tired Sat night..and may want to sleep some Sunday morning.

For those of you cruising with children, what are their ages? Hunter will have just turned 2 when we cruise and I'm curious how many other young ones will be joining us.

Hello Hello!!

Count us in too! We will be joining you all on The Magic on September 11, 2004. We are meeting my best friend from high school (graduation was just a few 20 years ago in Miami) and her family. There will be nine of us with all the kids. Would love to meet somewhere.

Cathy

Hello Everyone!! Now I feel the cruise feels more real now that there are people to talk to!!!
This will be me (24) and my husband’s (26) second cruise… the last time we went on a cruise was on our honeymoon 5 years ago in September - - Hurricane Floyd visited us and we were unable to go to Disney’s Island so I hope that doesn’t happen again… The weather was really nice (besides the hurricane) and the ship was amazing!! The only thing Floyd effected was the water was very dusty… and in the Bahamas there were some trees & buildings down.
My Brother (26) and his wife (25) - - also no kids- - decided to come with too so it should be a blast…
I’m hoping for an upgrade big time!! We are real low on cash so we had to book the cheapest room… My Brother spent alittle more money on his room so I’m sure I’ll be jealous when I see it! OH WELL – at lease we’ll be on the boat!!

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!

-nat
:earsgirl:

natale1980,

When did you cruise in Sept. of '99. We also did not get to goto Castaway Cay due to the hurricane. We did the land and sea package and cruised the 3 day criuse portion fron the 23rd to the 25th. This will also be our second cruise, for our 5th anniversary. Maybe we were cruisemates then. My wife(26) and I(29) are cruisen with my sister, her husband and 2 friends.
We will have to get drinks one night.:drinking1:
If we don't get to goto Castaway Cay again i'm gonna need some padding for the roon because my wife is gonna go nuts!!!!!
:crazy:

Cant wait to meet everyone at the dismeet.
:thewave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter