Security Lines in the Parks

you guys are bad...lol now my brain is hmmm how could one sneak in this pirate bounty of cheer...lol first thing i thought of was a Sanitizer type bottle which appears to have the gel in it CLEAR outside and a case on the inside *hidden) for the clear booze. even if there was a smell guess what ALCOHOL. lol ok anyways. thats enough on that. Just find it a little humorous.

Wow, my thought was completely different - I thought they might be trying to reduce the number of drunks in the parks, especially Epcot. DH also told me he reads lots of FB posts from people bragging about smuggling alcohol into MK. So I thought it’s intended to minimize drunkenness instead of maximize revenue. Amazing how many different points of view there can be.
It may be a bit of both, but it's not like they limit the number of drinks a person over 21 can buy, so 🤷

Seems everyone (as usual) wants faster security…..

I just hope its faster and still security…..and not faster and less security.
The old system didn't bother me too too much but Disney has been implementing this news system for long enough, they are the ones who decided to go with a system of just walking straight through and for people their behavior is to be confused because they are more used to slower security so I'd say it's actually the opposite of what you're implying. There were some kinda gruff security people at DS because it was causing a backlog of people who were confused on what to do, they just kept gruffly saying keep walking don't stop, listen don't stop, keep walking yes just keep going single file and that's because people are less used to a system like they have.

So far people are just getting used to their system so to go from a more efficient system and turn back the other way I think it's totally fair to be like say what?

I actually was saying to someone at Universal that their system now lags behind Disney lol but if Disney is thinking of reverting backwards I'd rather they just go with Universal's system.

Seems everyone (as usual) wants faster security…..

I just hope its faster and still security…..and not faster and less security.

Absolutely. They do find weapons in people's bags at security. I feel much safer with people leaving that stuff in their rooms/cars.

Chat with the security people if you want to hear some interesting stories. They see some crazy stuff in people's bags.

Absolutely. They do find weapons in people's bags at security. I feel much safer with people leaving that stuff in their rooms/cars.

Chat with the security people if you want to hear some interesting stories. They see some crazy stuff in people's bags.
In June, we saw some guys each trying to smuggle a carton of beer into Hollywood Studios. I guess they figured no one would notice the carton in their backpack as they walked in. They tried saying it was cans of water (nice try…Bud Light water?)
I don’t know what happened after

The number of reports of them finding guns and knives is scary. Definitely glad they are checking.

They now use scanners and most people can walk through the scanners without having their bags searched. You do have to hold an umbrella out in front of you when walking through the scanners, and there might be a few other things, but it is a lot quicker than it used to be. Most people just walk through the scanners and head to the touch posts. Strollers, wheelchairs and ECVs go through a separate line.
Yes the umbrellas and the hard glass cases seem to set off the scanners.

I was told that they see a lot of guns in purses that guests forget to take out as they just always have it in there.
Do those people at least get trespassed from the parks? Or is it just “whoopsie doodle, brought a handgun to a place with tens of thousands of children, better go put it back in the car so I don’t miss my splash mountain fastpass?”

I'm trying to picture what they're going to do with, say a Yeti, waterbottle. Will you have to open it? Will they sniff the contents (gross)... hmmmm.

Do those people at least get trespassed from the parks? Or is it just “whoopsie doodle, brought a handgun to a place with tens of thousands of children, better go put it back in the car so I don’t miss my splash mountain fastpass?”
Typically they're just told that can't be taken into the parks. They can then just put it in the car or hotel room and return. There's no punishment usually.

I can report that there was no extra searching entering MK today. So not there yet. Will see what Epcot brings tomorrow I suppose. How widespread I mean. We will be using IG

Given the sad days we’re living through this week, please keep this thread on topic about current security processes dealing specifically with Disney.

Off topic posts will be removed.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I can report that there was no extra searching entering MK today. So not there yet. Will see what Epcot brings tomorrow I suppose. How widespread I mean. We will be using IG
Sort of supports the idea that this is not about security and is all about lost revenue on alcohol sales, since Epcot is the only park that really sells them outside of the sit down restaurants.

From hanging around cruise planning boards, my eyes have been opened to lengths people will go to smuggling their favorite alcohol onto ships. Stands to reason those same people would visit Disney.

Sort of supports the idea that this is not about security and is all about lost revenue on alcohol sales, since Epcot is the only park that really sells them outside of the sit down restaurants.
Not at all
MK is the only park that sells alcohol only in restaurants
All the others sell it all over. It‘s as easily obtainable at AK and HS as it is at Epcot

I’ll be taking a small camera will I need to take it out before I go through the scanner. And I guess there is no problem with cell phones.

I can't attest to a small camera, since I only bring a big DSLR with a big lens or two. Cell phones are no problem and should stay in your bag.

My sunglasses case would set it off. MY kids also have a ton of pins and keychains on their backpacks and that sets it off sometimes too.
Has anyone had their drink bottles inspected? Not sure how I feel about security opening my water bottle.

I have had a ziploc with pins for trading set it off before. I have never had my water bottle even blinked at; however, it sounds like there might be new policies. I also carry it on a strap on my shoulder and hold it up as I walk through.

So it sounds like I’m going to have to take out practically the entire contents of my bag just to even get through the new scanners....

I doubt it. Here are the things that I have had to hold in front of me. Some of these items were not really needed or worth the hassle, so I have quit bringing them.
- Hard metal eyeglass/sunglass case (I always wear a hat and realized that I was never wearing the sunglasses anyway. So, they stay in the room/car now.)
- Umbrella (I don't carry one, but they suggest it.)
- Stainless steel water bottle (Mine is on a strap on my shoulder, so I just hold it up.)
- Metal tin containing ointment/balm (Once I realized what was setting it off, I decided I didn't need it in the park and started leaving it in the room.)
- Ziploc bag full of pins for trading (I am not absolutely sure that this set it off, because they wouldn't tell me what they were concerned about. Seemed haphazard about setting it off.)
- Backpack full of camera equipment, ie big DSLR with attached lens and another lens (I don't even pull stuff out when I carry this. I just immediately walk over to be inspected.)
- I suppose some medical equipment might need to be held our or even inspected, but I don't require any.

What else do you have that you think needs to be pulled out? I have found the new scanners to be much easier to deal with than to have security digging through my bag, opening my sunglass case to have them then fall to the ground, opening every compartment of my wallet, opening medicine bottles, and basically forcing me to dump the entire contents on the table, because they complain that my Loungefly backpack is too deep for them to see the contents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter