Secrets to DW

WOW! And I thought I knew everything. Lots of great tips! My favorite one which was already posted is entering Epcot from the YC and walking into World Showcase before it opens. You can get lots of great pictures since there are no crowds. Also, we stayed at Epcot, long after the fireworks ended and were able to walk through Epcot virtually alone. Don't join the rush of the crowds exiting. Take your time, and it will be much more enjoyable!

Bumping for those who haven't seen this yet!! This is a great thread...lots of excellent secrets and tips!! :)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but when you are in the Haunted Mansion after you leave the stretching room notice the bats on the posts of the que as you approach the doom buggies. Look at the heads very closely on the first few and then check out the head of the bat at the end of the line before you turn the corner-it's totally smooth with no features at all- done so by the millions of hands that grab onto it as they turn the corner;)

Just thought of some more Haunted Mansion trivia. The ballroom scene where the gosts are having a party (my favorite scene in the mansion) is filled with so many things that it's hard to focus on everything in one trip. I find myself noticing new things everytime. The imagineers went into unflinching detail when creating this party. However, they forgot something when creating the dancing ghosts. Beneath your ride vehicle behind glass are the models audioanimatronics ghosts that dance around while their images are projected onto a screen-which is what you see in the ballroom. When they created the ghosts they did not think about the glass projecting the image backwards as all mirrors do and instead of the men leading the women (which is how they were made) the women are actually leading the men-llok at their hands next time you go through.

These are great tips, thank you. I thought that I would bump them up and also make a link to the DIS-Convention-"A Gathering of Friends" forum for others to see.

Thank you, DISer Sogger1.

Ray

Wonderful thread. Only 95 more days to go. BUMP. BUMP. Printing as I type this reply. Thanks.

I am bumping the bumped....

But - one tip to add -

Don't forget Ice Station Cool at Epcot!!!! It can be overlooked (just "discovered" it last trip) and it is a great place to go for a quick pick-me-up!

:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

We get haircuts on Main Street and send the kids post card that arrive
shortly after we return home.

Sweet Memories...
:earsboy:

Someone please give a hint on where to look for the trained squirrels! I think we must see this. Diana

- Riding Big Thunder Mountain after dark on E-ticket nights. It's a totally different experience.
- We never go into Tomorrow Land(MK) until after dark.
- Getting to MK as soon as possible on 'early mornings', and riding the kiddie rides 4 or 5 times each, then getting to the Toon Town 'rope drop'.
- Standing in the flower garden right outside Tomorrow Land for the fireworks(so Tinkerbell flies right over us).
- Chef Mickey's on Friday or Saturday night (Mmmmmmm, ribs).
- Standing at the rope in MgM, running to Star Tours and being the first ones to ride.
- Getting 'fish and chips' in England while waiting for Illuminations, especially on cooler nights.
- Going to the Safari early and then having coffee in Harambe.

Our unforgettable moments:
- When Jasmine came out of the woods at the end of the Family Magic Tour, and then held the kids hands while walking to the Peter Pan ride. Seeing the look on people's faces when she jumped us to the front of the line and rode along with us.
- Suprising the kids with the Pirate Cruise at the GF. They still talk about it 2 years later.
- Having the cast member on the Jungle Cruise give me his hat, and standing at the wheel for the whole ride. The kids still think I was really steering it.
- Finally meeting piglet after four trips, at the Crystal Palace (our daughter's favorite character).
- Riding the Rock'n'Roller Coaster for the first time. It was a 'sneak preview' and we had no idea what is was, or anything about it. I still remember thinking "But...... I don't ride things that go upside down".
- Taking my mother-in-law on Space Mountain. She still 'isn't right'. LOL. Taking my pastor on Tower of Terror for the same reason. :)

We sat drinking coffee at some tables in back of Tusker House in AK. While there we could hear sounds of a kitchen where dishes were being rattled and occasionally dropped. We thought it was coming from the restaurant but decided it was a recording. There were just too many dishes being dropped. And it was too early in the morning for all that activity since the restaurant wasn't even open yet only the pastry/coffee place.

BonnieA, that's too funny! A recording of dishes being dropped!!

I would also like to hear more about these "trained squirells"-- that's a new one on me.

There are also recorded sounds near the restrooms at Tusker House. They are back a small hallway away from everything. I think it might be people talking like crowd noise and maybe someone knocking on a door. It was an unexpected suprise.

Such a great thread....now fess up Disers in the know ....where are these famed trained squirrels?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter