Secrets & Little Known Facts about rides

De-lurking to contribute some of the secrets I've learned by having a best friend that was a CM (worked on Soarin)!
Until its recent renovation, the boat ride in Mexico was the last original, unchanged ride in all of WDW.
Soarin was designed by an imagineer using an erector set...That's where the idea came from.
The longest ride in DW is the monorail. It is considered an attraction because you can ask to ride in the front with the conductor.

...I'm sure she's told me more but I'll have to think....
:)
~ Cailyn

I wonder if monorail is still an "attraction" since you no longer can seat in the front. :confused3

I wonder if monorail is still an "attraction" since you no longer can seat in the front. :confused3
I've always heard it referred to as "Transportation" and not as an "Attraction".

FWIW, the day is coming when Guests will be able to once again sit in the front. No idea when that will be... but I've been told the restrictions will one day be lifted.

One crash. Yes, it was fatal, but if you take a second to consider just HOW MANY TIMES that monorail has moved and just how many times that monorail has transported people in the front (millions if not billions) then I'd say your chances of getting hurt in the front of the monorail are about as much as your chances of getting struck by lightning golfing with plastic clubs.:lmao:

Does anyone know what actually happened? What was the final verdict on that crash anyways? Anyone have any new info?

There is a hidden mickey on RnRR. When you are inside of the building, and entering the second room with the cool door with the marbles on it, look down at the ground. The white tiles on the floor form a hidden mickey.

Where is he? I wish I could go through that ride just once slowly. I know I'm missing a lot of stuff.
You can see him and Cousin Elrod in the bathtub most clearly from the railroad after it leaves the Frontierland station on its way to Toontown.

Cousin_Elrod_Prof_Cumulus_Isobar_3a.jpg

Prof_Cumulus_Isobar.jpg

Wow finally finished reading through the whole thread, some great tips, thanx for sharing :)

I read on the WDWinfo secrets page that if you sit on the stone bench/wall near the castle you can hear Stitch giggling and saying "I'm hiding" Is he still there?

So, by chance has anyone created a spreadsheet or Word doc with all of these on it? I was thinking of attemtpting that, but figured I'd check to see if anyone would already have 1 & be willing to share.

So, by chance has anyone created a spreadsheet or Word doc with all of these on it? I was thinking of attemtpting that, but figured I'd check to see if anyone would already have 1 & be willing to share.

I would like that, too!

Whoops...replied in wrong thread. :) Shows me for reading two threads at once :)

To keep this thread alive, I submit this hidden Mickey: In WS, Canada pavilion, look at the large totem pole. On the side facing the walkway near the top is a perfect Mickey. Kind of small but if you know what you're looking for it pops right out.

Don't know if these had been posted. Sorry if they have.

On Main Street there is a window that has is supposed to be a real estate office. It has the names of the companies Walt used to buy the land for WDW.

There are REAL alligators in MK. One will occasionally get into a part on the train where they are automatronic gators.

In POTC in the treasure room, there is a shield that has a crest that says "Marco Daviso" Marc Davis.

Also, the story about the chess is true. Marc Davis designed it and during a refurb someone messed up the chess pieces. After searching through Marc's notes they found a sketch of how the chess pieces are supposed to be on the back of another sketch. If they have moved, they're not supposed to.

On Main Street you can hear the sounds of a dance school and singing school.

In the train station there is a shelf that has various pieces of luggage belonging to Disney Characters.

Still new to most of this. Why do some people just respond with "Subscribing!" what do they mean by that? Is there another website you can subscribe to that would bring more tips?

Still new to most of this. Why do some people just respond with "Subscribing!" what do they mean by that? Is there another website you can subscribe to that would bring more tips?

You can subscribe to a thread so whenever someone replies to it you get a notification that someone replied.You can subscribe at the top of the thread by clicking on thread tools and then subscribe.

Not sure if this has been posted but,

Ever wondered why TOT is the orangish pinkish color? It's because from Morocco in WS you can see TOT looming in the distance and to make TOT fit in with the scenery, it was colored the same clay color as the Moroccan buildings. :goodvibes

Thanks PecoBill. Glad that makes sense, and now I'll be able to subscribe too. I would have done it the hard way!

I have copied and pasted these tips and I think it will really be great info for some family going for the first time.

When TOT was being built, it got struck by lightning.

In the energizing portal in space mountain, they use blue strobe lights. The strobe lights cause your pupils to dilate, causing the ride to seem darker then it actually is.

Thank you everybody! We will be there in just a few days. And I am frantically writing all these goodies on little sticky notes to take to the parks. I don't want to miss a thing!
Pomcoach:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter