Secrets & Little Known Facts about rides

Just finished getting through the thread after a couple of days during work breaks :rolleyes1

Loved the thread and love these neat little "secrets"

Couple others I found - sorry if these are repeats:

• While Riding the river boat in MK, look into the water while going around. You can see several characters under the water including Steam Boat Willie mickey. There are 12 total
  • Outside the lady and the tramp tony's restaurant in magic kingdom there is a bench with goofy sitting on it - if you sit on him he will start laughing
  • The business names printed on the storefronts along Main Street are the names of shell companies that Walt Disney used when he was secretly buying up the Florida swampland that became Disney World.

Many of these bring back fond memories of my childhood visits and many more I will be seeking out on my next two trips. :banana: Can't believe I've missed so much.

While Riding the river boat in MK, look into the water while going around. You can see several characters under the water including Steam Boat Willie mickey. There are 12 total

This one, though oft-repeated, isn't true. The water in the Rivers of America is dyed brown to hide the tracks on the bottom, and you can't see anything below the surface. :)

This one, though oft-repeated, isn't true. The water in the Rivers of America is dyed brown to hide the tracks on the bottom, and you can't see anything below the surface. :)

oh, that's too bad -> was reading multiple stories of people saying they saw some .... guess it was just them seeing something and wanting it to be a character :)

I have to respectfully disagree. I saw it too. I thought it looked like someone dumped a big pile of scrap metal in the middle of the room. I will definately be keeping my arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times!;)

Same here. I thought to my self, "what a tangled mess of metal".

The business names printed on the storefronts along Main Street are the names of shell companies that Walt Disney used when he was secretly buying up the Florida swampland that became Disney World.
Not all of them; no. The names of the front companies are found on a single window over the Crystal Arts entrance (they include M.T. Lott Development). The overwhelming majority of the businesses listed are either completely fictional or Disney "in-jokes" that refer to former Disney executives and imagineers. One notable exception is a window for "The Main Street Diary", which is a real newsletter for CMs.

I've got one!

After you get out of the pre-show introduction with Rod Serling on ToT in Disneyland, on the first floor line queue (there is an upstairs and a downstairs), all the way at the front of the line on the left wall, there is a large circle on the wall drawn in what looks like chalk. This is from a Twilight Zone episode in which a man's daughter gets trapped inside a wall (I don't know the episode - never seen it so maybe someone can clarify). You can hear the little girl calling from inside if you put your ear close to the wall. I've seen it and looked for it. It's there. And it's really cool. :thumbsup2

I've got one!

After you get out of the pre-show introduction with Rod Serling on ToT in Disneyland, on the first floor line queue (there is an upstairs and a downstairs), all the way at the front of the line on the left wall, there is a large circle on the wall drawn in what looks like chalk. This is from a Twilight Zone episode in which a man's daughter gets trapped inside a wall (I don't know the episode - never seen it so maybe someone can clarify). You can hear the little girl calling from inside if you put your ear close to the wall. I've seen it and looked for it. It's there. And it's really cool. :thumbsup2

Wow; after all of my ToT rides, I can't remember there being an upstairs & a downstairs queue. Does this begin right after getting out of the pre-show?
I can't remember choosing to go up stairs or just straight ahead!! I thought there was only a "left" and a "right" line!!! Guess that shows how observant I can sometimes be...LOL

Wow; after all of my ToT rides, I can't remember there being an upstairs & a downstairs queue. Does this begin right after getting out of the pre-show?
I can't remember choosing to go up stairs or just straight ahead!! I thought there was only a "left" and a "right" line!!! Guess that shows how observant I can sometimes be...LOL

Alec'sPrincess was referring to the DL version...

We realized about the 70's kids being the kids talking across the ocean. Also, we noticed in June of this year that one of the characters in SE looks like the Father from Carousel of Progress. I can't for the life of me remember which scene. Maybe someone else knows, or I'm sure DH will remember and I can come back and post later on.

I don't know how you guys remember this stuff, or recognize these "people" and them moving from one ride to another!

A while back someone emailed me a file that had pages and pages of things like this. I'll have to look for it....

I've got one!

I love hearing stuff about the ToT since I will never, ever ride it. Ever. :scared1:

I love hearing stuff about the ToT since I will never, ever ride it. Ever. :scared1:
Meh... it's fun.

Here are a few more Twilight Zone references from the WDW ToT:

As the Service Elevator rotates towards the exit after the drop sequence, you can see the slot machine from the Twilight Zone episode "The Fever" and the ventriloquist dummy "Caesar" from the Twilight Zone episode "Caesar and Me".

In the library, the Mystic Seer machine from the episode "Nick of Time" can be seen sitting on the high shelf. One of "The Invaders" from the episode of the same name can also be found here.

I forget if I read it here or somewhere else - but there's an elevator inspection notice in ToT that says it was inspected by Cadwallader, who was the Devil in "The Escape Clause".

I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere but I couldn't find anything on it. I was going through our pics tonight and found this one from the Imagination ride. Before anyone jumps on me about the pic, we were on the ride alone AND no flash was used :) Anyways I just noticed that these mountains are clearly letters, but I can't figure out if they are supposed spell something or not lol. Am I just missing it?

3850888443_5dec1b753a.jpg

lol Thank you so much, that was driving me crazy! I think if I could have seen the E between the V and the N that would have helped immensely :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter