Secrets & Little Known Facts about rides

Here's something I noticed while there last week that is probably nothing, but it caught my eye. During the Winnie the Pooh ride when you're going through Pooh's Heffalump/Woozle nightmare the building blocks spell out H-U-N-N-E-Y when the rest of the ride (as well as the stories) spell it hunny.

Just one of those little quirks that grab my attention. ;-)

I noticed this as well. Didn't know if it was a Huffalump and Woozle thing??? :laughing:

Thought I would add the pics of things that everyone talked about.

The Spitting Camel In Adventureland in MK:

7-23-2006-061.jpg

At the Haunted Mansion there is a back entrance for people with DISabilities. This is apparently the Servants area. There are keys on the wall to the Conservatory, Library etc... and bells to call the servants to each room.

7-23-2006-143.jpg

7-23-2006-144.jpg

7-23-2006-145.jpg

7-23-2006-146.jpg

Of course the infamous "ring" outside the exit of the HM.

7-23-2006-157.jpg

And the Skeletons Playing Chess on line at the POTC in MK.
7-22-2006-732.jpg

7-22-2006-733.jpg

On our last trip to WDW in November 08 we had the pleasure of having an awesome bus driver one night back to our hotel fromk MK. His name is Jeff. He told us many unknown Disney serects, at least they were to us lol. The one that amazed us the most was about space mountain. Has anyone ever noticed that the astroids flying across the ceiling in Space Mountain are really pictures of CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES....... at the time the ride was build there were no pictures of real astroids! Being a family of specticts we of course had to check this out for ourselves the next day, and to our suprise Jeff was right. The kids thought it was the coolest thing about our whole trip, and are still talking about it to this day!

On our last trip to WDW in November 08 we had the pleasure of having an awesome bus driver one night back to our hotel fromk MK. His name is Jeff. He told us many unknown Disney serects, at least they were to us lol. The one that amazed us the most was about space mountain. Has anyone ever noticed that the astroids flying across the ceiling in Space Mountain are really pictures of CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES....... at the time the ride was build there were no pictures of real astroids! Being a family of specticts we of course had to check this out for ourselves the next day, and to our suprise Jeff was right. The kids thought it was the coolest thing about our whole trip, and are still talking about it to this day!

I know this is a secret to a lot of people but I've known this for years, it's actually a surprise to me that it's a surprise to other people!! :rotfl:

I'm pretty sure this is an urban legend actually. I've been told that they were from an artist's drawing, and that it happens to RESEMBLE a cookie...but so many CMs have heard the cookie story now that it's being passed on by them...

I'm pretty sure this is an urban legend actually. I've been told that they were from an artist's drawing, and that it happens to RESEMBLE a cookie...but so many CMs have heard the cookie story now that it's being passed on by them...

If you look on the wall opposite the loading area and watch for a while two chocolate chip cookies will float by

If you look on the wall opposite the loading area and watch for a while two chocolate chip cookies will float by

Well, I guess the point is...is it a PICTURE of a chocolate chip cookie (as in, did someone use a camera, take a picture of a cookie, make a slide and put it in the light projector), or did someone make a drawing of an asteroid that just happens to look much like a cookie get used? After all there are only so many ways to represent a ball of rock with possible craters that could be mistaken for chocolate chips...

Unless, of course, you mean some real cookies on a string to give the hungry loading CMs a snack :)

Well, I guess the point is...is it a PICTURE of a chocolate chip cookie (as in, did someone use a camera, take a picture of a cookie, make a slide and put it in the light projector), or did someone make a drawing of an asteroid that just happens to look much like a cookie get used? After all there are only so many ways to represent a ball of rock with possible craters that could be mistaken for chocolate chips...

Unless, of course, you mean some real cookies on a string to give the hungry loading CMs a snack :)

Haha, unfortunately no real cookies, and theyre not pictures, they're animated, maybe they've changed them but they were very distinctly cookies the last I remembered to look for them.

We always used to say that the "asteroids" looked like the chocolate-chip pancakes my mother made! I never thought they looked quite right for the ride, but by now they're a tradition.

I agree that knowing about all these is fun, but I'm not taking a cheat sheet when I go next time. I think part of the "magic" is accidentally finding them for yourself!

PHXscuba

Wow I had a lot of reading to catch up on!

The asteroids in SM are NOT cookies. But I did hear something else cool--I'm sure there's someone around here who can confirm. A CM told me once that if you look at the barcodes on the walls along the last part of the queue (where the line splits into 2 "halves") from just the right angle, they become letters that spell out the names of Imagineers that worked on the attraction. I have never tried it myself though.

The other two surplus sellers I can think of are Surplus Kingdom and Sell and Ship; they are also on eBay. I have some really neat stuff from both of them.

Umm....ok, here are some more that no one has mentioned.

--In Spaceship Earth, in the new scene with the garage/PC inventor, there are at least 2 new Hidden Mickeys that I saw myself yesterday. One is on the window of the car, immediately on your left, and the other is on the wall of the garage, also on your left, above the AA.

--In Journey Into Imagination, there are four homages to the original attraction. The most obvious is right after the "intro" portion with the video screens, as your cars come around the corner there is a door right in front of you labeled "Dean Finder." The second is in the big room towards the end with all the Figments singing "One Little Spark"--on the sheet music in the center of the room, there is a silhouette of the Dream Catcher machine. And in the last scene just before unload (the one with the big Eric Idle moon) the Figment AA standing on the planet was used in the original attraction. It was located in the "theatrical" scene where Figment was sitting at his makeup mirror surrounded by costume trunks, and was located on the right side of the ride track. Today he has a new paint job, of course. And, in Figment's house, in the living room, the video that plays on the TV has Dreamfinder in it. You can only see him if you happen to be riding by at JUST the right moment--but he is there; I have seen him!!!

--Walt Disney has two windows dedicated to him along Main Street in the MK. One is above the train station, facing out towards the entrance plaza, listing him as "Walter E. Disney, Chief Engineer." The second is above the ice-cream parlor, facing the Hub. The story behind that one, I heard, is that his brother Roy wanted it there so his brother could always look out and see his Castle.

--Expedition Everest is constructed in three separate parts. The ride track, the Yeti, and the mountain are all separately engineered systems that do not touch each other at any point.

--The American Adventure pavilion in Epcot uses the opposite of forced perspective: The building is actually about 5 stories tall, but is made to look much smaller to preserve the vista across the lake and not make it appear larger than its neighbors. The windows, instead of getting smaller as you go up, actually get larger, and the large hedges planted against the walls where the building meets the ground are placed there to help hide the fact that the building is so big.

If there not cookies they sure do look just like cookies to me.:confused3

I know, they do. But I guess it's just a coincidence. Just one of those rumors that become "fact" after being told for so long.

Are the following 4 'secrets' still there?

* Look in the keyhole in the chest of drawers at Tink's Treasures, you can see Tinkerbell!

* At the Frontierland RR Station, look for a wooden leg named Smith. It is a reference to a joke in Mary Poppins

* Wake up Tinkerbell at Tink's Treasures. If you want to wake Tink, go DIRECTLY to the store as soon as the park opens. The store is right behind the castle. Ask the Cast Member "Could I please wake up Tink this morning?" If you go into the store and hear the music, you know she has already been woken up. If it is quiet, she is still sleeping

* Check out the old-style phone in the General Store (on the right side of the street as you're headed in). Pick up the receiver and listen in to a conversation going on.

Also here's one no one mentioned:Behind the castle is a fountain with Cinderella. If you bend down and look at the fountain, the crown on the back wall appears to crown Cinderella - to a child's point of view, they automatically see Cinderella 'crowned'

Also here's one no one mentioned:Behind the castle is a fountain with Cinderella. If you bend down and look at the fountain, the crown on the back wall appears to crown Cinderella - to a child's point of view, they automatically see Cinderella 'crowned'

...and sometimes if you're lucky, in that same fountain you can even see a family of 10 sitting with their feet in it!

:lmao:

ok sorry, no flames please:goodvibes

I like at the end of POTC on the belt ride up to the gift shop, there's a 'peg leg' and foot to show you where to stand. That may have been mentioned already...

Are the following 4 'secrets' still there?

* Look in the keyhole in the chest of drawers at Tink's Treasures, you can see Tinkerbell!

* Wake up Tinkerbell at Tink's Treasures. If you want to wake Tink, go DIRECTLY to the store as soon as the park opens. The store is right behind the castle. Ask the Cast Member "Could I please wake up Tink this morning?" If you go into the store and hear the music, you know she has already been woken up. If it is quiet, she is still sleeping

Tink's Treasures recently got remodeled. I'm not sure if the keyhole thing is there anymore (and I've heard it didn't work often). The "wake up" thing has changed dramatically as well, and apparently doesn't need to be first thing in the morning (some people could be NASTY about being the first people there to do it).

I don't think this one's been mentioned yet (sorry for the repeat if it has). In HS, (by the Backlot, I believe) is an umbrella attached to a lamp post. Tug on the handle of the umbrella, and you get a fun surprise! I think you might even be able to make out a few of the "raindrops" in the photo.

SinginIntheRain2HS.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter