Sea Raycers

jessrose18

ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!
We are thinking about renting some sea raycers at Wilderness Lodge probably, just because I also want to see the resort, but I have a couple of questions:
1. I read there was a weight limit (320 pounds per boat), so me and DH would have to each rent our own, can you easily ride by each other and it's still safe? Can you stop in the lake and sit in the boat to enjoy the scenery, or is this unsafe?

2. I want to use the buy 60 min get 30 more free coupon you recieve with your package. Right now I was planning on me buying 30 min so we can be on the water together, and then him buying 60 to get 90, after my 30 minutes are up can we switch off for the remaining hour thats left on his boat?? Or will they let you get two boats and each go for 45 min, instead of one with 90 minutes w/ the coupon????

3. Are they super fun??? We are in our twenties and have never jet skied, or driven a boat by ourselves???

4. Any other tips/advice

Thanks! I can't find too much information on sea raycers out there.:confused3

I'm sure there are people with much more expert answers, but this is what we found when we rented them at the GF last Sept: we asked about the wt limit and were told it was actually 400+ but they would not go very fast with that much weight in them (please don't flame, just relaying what we were told) so we each got our own.
You can sit and look around. You can ride close enough to yell to each other.
I had never ridden a jetski, I am middle-aged and had no trouble. We had to wear a life jacket and that was very hot.
It was fun. I didn't think it was "super" fun, but it was fun.
I don't know for a fact but I don't imagine they would let you get two boats for 45 each.

We are thinking about renting some sea raycers at Wilderness Lodge probably, just because I also want to see the resort, but I have a couple of questions:
1. I read there was a weight limit (320 pounds per boat), so me and DH would have to each rent our own, can you easily ride by each other and it's still safe? Can you stop in the lake and sit in the boat to enjoy the scenery, or is this unsafe?

2. I want to use the buy 60 min get 30 more free coupon you recieve with your package. Right now I was planning on me buying 30 min so we can be on the water together, and then him buying 60 to get 90, after my 30 minutes are up can we switch off for the remaining hour thats left on his boat?? Or will they let you get two boats and each go for 45 min, instead of one with 90 minutes w/ the coupon????

3. Are they super fun??? We are in our twenties and have never jet skied, or driven a boat by ourselves???

4. Any other tips/advice

1. Without knowing your weights, the boats were designed for one adult and one child comfortably. Two adults can ride together, but depending on their size it will be very uncomfortable (the seats are hard plastic) and the combined weights will slow the speed of the craft down, thereby taking most of the pleasure out of the "speedboat" aspect.

If each of you has your own boat, yes, you can ride side-by-side on the water and do everything simultaneously. Yes, you can also come to a complete stop anywhere, take photos, talk, whatever you want to do.

2.) They will not let you split that coupon into two 45 min rides. Will they let you do the 30 alone and the 60 together? I suppose they would, but keep in mind you will both have to return to the dock, return the one boat, get your ID back, get in the other boat, and that alone will take 20 mins+ out of the 60. It's not worth it, in my opinion. Either do two separate boats for the whole time or share one.

3.) Are they fun? Let me put it this way... The Sea Raycers are the single most enjoyable thing you will ever do at WDW -- without leaving your hotel room, wink-wink. They are not on a track, you control the speed, the direction, the sights you see, the peaceful pleasantness of being alone on the water. Do it once. You will be hooked.

4.) Only rent a Sea Raycer from the Polynesian, GF, Contemporary or WL. In doing so you will be able to cruise the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. Renting at any other resort will significantly reduce the amount of water you'll have to play with.

5.) Have a great time.

1. I read there was a weight limit (320 pounds per boat), so me and DH would have to each rent our own, can you easily ride by each other and it's still safe? Can you stop in the lake and sit in the boat to enjoy the scenery, or is this unsafe? I would ride it by yourself as they are slow with two people. My DW and I have ridden it, but we seemed to be moving very slowly compared to everyone else! Yes, you can stop. Just don't stop in front of the ferry boats!!

2. I want to use the buy 60 min get 30 more free coupon you recieve with your package. Right now I was planning on me buying 30 min so we can be on the water together, and then him buying 60 to get 90, after my 30 minutes are up can we switch off for the remaining hour thats left on his boat?? Or will they let you get two boats and each go for 45 min, instead of one with 90 minutes w/ the coupon???? Not sure, but I've been able to split my trip up with my sons. They let me come back and drop one off and pick up the other one.

3. Are they super fun??? We are in our twenties and have never jet skied, or driven a boat by ourselves??? We had a great time! Like you, we're not boating people. I had never piloted a boat, but had been on a jet ski once before.

4. Any other tips/advice. I would ride from the Poly or GF as their piers open up onto 7 Seas Lagoon vs Bay Lake. I enjoy 7 Seas much better with the sights of the monorail, ferry boats, MK, and the 3 monorail resorts. If you start at the Contemporary or WL, you have to take the channel over to 7 seas lagoon and it takes a lot of time.

One last thing....I've ridden this three times and only had to pay once. The other two times, a storm rolled in during the middle of our ride and we were called back in by the safety patrols. Because our time was cut short, we weren't charged for the rides.

We did the sea raycers at POR, you can follow the river all the way down to DTD although we turned back when we looked around and saw no sign of civilization whatsoever...they're a lot of fun, but last year we did the boston whaler at CSR and that was infinitely more fun...I'd never driven a boat before (other than the searaycers) and it was easy...it was faster and more agile and it just felt a lot cooler to be pushing around a real boat instead of a toy...

i'm 23 and like i said had never driven a boat before...my gf is tiny but i weigh about 240 so when we did the searaycer were over the weight limit but we didn't sink and it went pretty quick...we fit in it well together...but like i said if i where you i would just do the boston whaler, its more fun

We did the sea raycers at POR, you can follow the river all the way down to DTD although we turned back when we looked around and saw no sign of civilization whatsoever...they're a lot of fun, but last year we did the boston whaler at CSR and that was infinitely more fun...I'd never driven a boat before (other than the searaycers) and it was easy...it was faster and more agile and it just felt a lot cooler to be pushing around a real boat instead of a toy...

i'm 23 and like i said had never driven a boat before...my gf is tiny but i weigh about 240 so when we did the searaycer were over the weight limit but we didn't sink and it went pretty quick...we fit in it well together...but like i said if i where you i would just do the boston whaler, its more fun

What is the boston whaler???? any pictures??
everyone else-thanks for the great advice!

We LOVE the sea racers -- but it is SOOO much more fun when you have your own. It's too slow when there is more than 1 person. Yes, you can easily be riding near/close to eachother ....when you're not racing around....belive me it's hard to control this. The 1st time we tried this was on our Disneymoon -- we were on the "Grand Plan" & it included all the recreational activities we wanted --p.s. we took out the sea racers (or water mice as they used to be called) EVERY DAY -- the people at the GF marina were like....."here they come again". But we had so much fun using them. Also, my DH & I were able to easily pass the camera/video camera back and forth to each other while on 2 different boats. Have fun :banana:

They are different than jet skis. Don't want to say not as fun just a different experience. They do not go as fast as jet skis though.

I was thinking it might be fun to take a video camcorder on one and film. Is it likely to get wet or is it fairly okay?

We rented 4 last time, we all rode side by side, and in a line when around other boats, it was a blast. They are slow, so plan your time accordingly, if you adventure too far. It took us at least 20 minutes to get back to DTD, when we toured the canals.

This is more of a resort question than one for the theme parks board. So I've moved it to the Disney Resorts board. :)

Is it true the minimum age to drive is 12? DS just turned 12 and would love this. Does this mean he can drive alone or does he need to be with me (or an adult)?

I also heard some are faster than others. Anyone know where the faster ones are? Ours at CBR were sloooooow.

any more info out there on the boston whaler?? I saw the pic, I assume it goes faster, any price lists out there??

Wait a minute this can be the first time disney in me talking but I thought the water wasnt safe,What if you accidently fall off arent you doomed?

Wait a minute this can be the first time disney in me talking but I thought the water wasnt safe,What if you accidently fall off arent you doomed?

You can't fall off of the Sea Raycer. It is like a mini boat, not a jet ski. No worries.

any more info out there on the boston whaler?? I saw the pic, I assume it goes faster, any price lists out there??

17 Foot Boston Whaler Montauk - $45 for 30 minutes. Driver must be 18 years old. 6 person maximum

I have a little question if anybody can answer it..... I have had fun with the Sea Raycers over the years but this upcoming trip will be the first time that I will be w/ my two year old daughter. Will she be allowed to accompany me (or on my wife's sea raycer)? I do not know if there is a height or age limit.

Our son will be 12 when we are at the Poly in January. I thought I saw somewhere that he could drive a searacer but would that be his own or with adult supervision? Thank you!

I would like to know about little one's coming along as well. Would we be able to take our little one on the Boston Whaler? I don't know how I would hang on to her in the Sea Racer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter