SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question (again, apologies if it has been answered). I just added 2 imaginary people to an upcoming room-only reservation to get 2 extra MB's for our trip. Do I have to make profiles for these imaginary people in my MDE in order to make SDFP? Or, since they are linked to the WDW reservation are the bands already activated? I know if I make a profile, I will be able to pull the SDFP up on my phone, but if I don't make the profiles, I take a screenshot at the kiosk? I just want to make sure I've got this all straight!! thanks!
If you added them to your room reservation, they should show in your MDE and will show on your phone after making the SDFP at the kiosk. You shouldn't have to create a profile now - that should have happened when you added them to your room.

This was covered in the first post (which I read entirely) - but want to make absolutely sure I understand.

I already have an account under my email address in MDE - and my family of 4 have made multiple trips and have multiple prior MB from those trips.

Have a new trip planned over New Year's this year - and I am in the process of renting DVC points for that reservation. Once my DVC reservation is made, I then have instructions on how to link the reservation to my MDE account.

So, if I understand correctly, to use SDFP and get a free second set of MB, I can:
--Use my secondary email, or my wife's email, to create a new MDE account
--Under the new account, create my 4 family members with correct names and DOB (I would still be head of household since the DVC rental is in my name). So the family members info would be identical in both accounts.
--Then link my DVC rental reservation to the new MDE account
--Then purchase tickets through Disney website and link to the new MDE account

I should then have a new MDE account - with the correct and accurate names and DOB's of my family - with my reservation and tickets linked. Obviously none of my prior reservations or trips will show.

I can now use the new MDE as my primary for this upcoming trip. The new MB I receive should be my primary MB to use for tickets, room entry, charging, prebooked FP+, etc. I should be able to book FP+ at 60 days using the new account, and make dining reservations at 180 days out.

But - I can use any of my old MB from the prior account to book SDFP, correct?

Am I missing anything here? Really don't want to screw anything up, but going over New Year's so would love to have the ability to use SDFP, if possible.

This was covered in the first post (which I read entirely) - but want to make absolutely sure I understand.

I already have an account under my email address in MDE - and my family of 4 have made multiple trips and have multiple prior MB from those trips.

Have a new trip planned over New Year's this year - and I am in the process of renting DVC points for that reservation. Once my DVC reservation is made, I then have instructions on how to link the reservation to my MDE account.

So, if I understand correctly, to use SDFP and get a free second set of MB, I can:
--Use my secondary email, or my wife's email, to create a new MDE account
--Under the new account, create my 4 family members with correct names and DOB (I would still be head of household since the DVC rental is in my name). So the family members info would be identical in both accounts.
--Then link my DVC rental reservation to the new MDE account
--Then purchase tickets through Disney website and link to the new MDE account

I should then have a new MDE account - with the correct and accurate names and DOB's of my family - with my reservation and tickets linked. Obviously none of my prior reservations or trips will show.

I can now use the new MDE as my primary for this upcoming trip. The new MB I receive should be my primary MB to use for tickets, room entry, charging, prebooked FP+, etc. I should be able to book FP+ at 60 days using the new account, and make dining reservations at 180 days out.

But - I can use any of my old MB from the prior account to book SDFP, correct?

Am I missing anything here? Really don't want to screw anything up, but going over New Year's so would love to have the ability to use SDFP, if possible.

You have it right, but you should never give out real DOB information to an entertainment company. Only for financial, legal, educational, official, medical, etc. purposes. Not for vacations. Disney shouldn't be asking, and they know it.

If you added them to your room reservation, they should show in your MDE and will show on your phone after making the SDFP at the kiosk. You shouldn't have to create a profile now - that should have happened when you added them to your room.

Yes, thank you!! It just took some time for MDE to refresh to show the additional names - thank you!

I promise I have read the whole post, and many of the subsequent questions :) just not all 66 pages! I have a MDE account, but have not booked anything yet and I have never been to Disney world before. No one else in my family has an MDE account at this point. We are planning our trip for July. I just want to make sure I have this straight before I purchase something incorrectly :) If my family of 5 books a campsite at fort wilderness, but we actually make the reservation for 10, those could be the 5 extra phantoms even though they were associated with the original reservation. I would just need to make sure to only book a room. When I go in let's say a week later, I will be able to purchase our 6 day park hoppers for just 5 people, through the same MDE account, correct? Then link the tickets to the 5 family members, not the phantoms. Would it be easier to have my husband get an account and buy our tickets, and then associate them to the reservation to boom FP+ at the 60 day mark? Or is it even easier to buy the magic bands independently at the Disney store and associate them to another MDE. It seems like the reservation for 10 would be, but that's why I want to make where I've got this straight since I am in a situation where I am starting from scratch and I want to do it the best way. Thank you in advance!!

Scrapyap thank you for your advice and help. I read everything and successfully accomplished sdfp last year. Thank you for that! This year I plan to do the same. My question is regarding the new orange update on the first page. Last year I ordered MBs from the Disney store, created phantom profiles on MDE. Yesterday, I was able to delete these phantoms without an issue on MDE even though the update said I had to give them their own MDE? My question is can I still use these same MBs for this year?

I promise I have read the whole post, and many of the subsequent questions :) just not all 66 pages! I have a MDE account, but have not booked anything yet and I have never been to Disney world before. No one else in my family has an MDE account at this point. We are planning our trip for July. I just want to make sure I have this straight before I purchase something incorrectly :) If my family of 5 books a campsite at fort wilderness, but we actually make the reservation for 10, those could be the 5 extra phantoms even though they were associated with the original reservation. I would just need to make sure to only book a room. When I go in let's say a week later, I will be able to purchase our 6 day park hoppers for just 5 people, through the same MDE account, correct? Then link the tickets to the 5 family members, not the phantoms. Would it be easier to have my husband get an account and buy our tickets, and then associate them to the reservation to boom FP+ at the 60 day mark? Or is it even easier to buy the magic bands independently at the Disney store and associate them to another MDE. It seems like the reservation for 10 would be, but that's why I want to make where I've got this straight since I am in a situation where I am starting from scratch and I want to do it the best way. Thank you in advance!!

I'm glad you didn't read all 66 pages. That would only confuse you even more. Stick to the first page.

If you put five phantoms on your campsite reservation, you'll end up with a band for SDFP use for each real guest (in addition to the five magic bands for the real guests). If you link tickets to the real guests on that MDE, you'll be able to prebook FP 60 days in advance. I'm not sure why you would consider having your husband set up a separate MDE. What purpose would that serve? I also don't know why you would be buying magic bands at the Disney Store. You'd already be getting five extra magic bands - for the phantoms on your reservation.

Scrapyap thank you for your advice and help. I read everything and successfully accomplished sdfp last year. Thank you for that! This year I plan to do the same. My question is regarding the new orange update on the first page. Last year I ordered MBs from the Disney store, created phantom profiles on MDE. Yesterday, I was able to delete these phantoms without an issue on MDE even though the update said I had to give them their own MDE? My question is can I still use these same MBs for this year?

The update doesn't say that you must give phantoms their own MDE.

You're saying you had phantoms on your MDE and last year you linked MBs to those phantoms. And you plan to use those MBs this year? So why would you have wanted to delete them yesterday?

It should not have been possible for you to delete those profiles with MBs linked. Maybe double check your friends and family list to see if they're really gone. Maybe Hiro or Marcie can account for this? Removing a guest with a MB?

Did each phantom have their own separate MDE? That would be strange, but it would have allowed you to remove them from your MDE.

I'm glad you didn't read all 66 pages. That would only confuse you even more. Stick to the first page.

If you put five phantoms on your campsite reservation, you'll end up with a band for SDFP use for each real guest (in addition to the five magic bands for the real guests). If you link tickets to the real guests on that MDE, you'll be able to prebook FP 60 days in advance. I'm not sure why you would consider having your husband set up a separate MDE. What purpose would that serve? I also don't know why you would be buying magic bands at the Disney Store. You'd already be getting five extra magic bands - for the phantoms on your reservation.
Ok, I was hoping I was right with my original idea, I just wanted to make sure! Just book a campsite for 10, buy tickets for 5 later. Thank you!! I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't have problems since both were happening from the same MDE account. Thank you thank you thank you!!

If I add two phantom guests under age 13, I don't have to associate them to an email address, right? Is a profile just a name on a reservation? Does a phantom need to associate with an MDE account?

For reassigning party tickets, how long does it take for the reassignment to be effective? Can I reassign a ticket to another guest at 3 pm before the party starts at 4 pm? If the party ticket is on my phantom's MB, can I use the MB to enter the park for the party when I am obviously not 13?

Thanks again in advance!

Last edited:
Did each phantom have their own separate MDE? That would be strange, but it would have allowed you to remove them from your MDE.

Thanks for your response. The only reason I had deleted them was because I had too many MBs on MDE, and was going to re-link my phantoms later on when I had time to clean up the old linked up ones. The phantoms without any MDEs are definitely gone though because I triple checked. Also, I must have misinterpreted the orange updated info because I thought it read to save time it was necessary to remove the phantoms from your MDE's list of friends and famiy. Thanks for the clarification. To avoid this extra step, remove the profiles of the friends from whom you are borrowing bands (if you are borrowing bands!) from your MDE's list of friends/family.

After purchase, go to the Disney World website (or possibly also the Disney World app) on your mobile device. Sign into your MDE and use the little codes printed on the inside of the purchased bands (or on the back of cards) to link them to the phantoms.

ok, I diligently read and re-read page one (promise!). I cannot find the answer to my question ;) I created 2 phantom profiles on my MDE. I have purchased Magic Bands from the Disney Store. How / where do I enter the little codes on these MB's to link them to specifically to my phantoms? I see under the "magic band" link on my MDE I can enter up to 10 MB codes. Before entering them here, I wanted to confirm that I am in the right place bc it's not asking (yet?) to whom they sb linked. Thanks so much for this information. We're hoping to have success using the SDFPs. (btw, we're going next week, my ticker is messed up!)

Last edited:
ok, I diligently read and re-read page one (promise!). I cannot find the answer to my question ;) I created 2 phantom profiles on my MDE. I have purchased Magic Bands from the Disney Store. How / where do I enter the little codes on these MB's to link them to specifically to my phantoms? I see under the "magic band" link on my MDE I can enter up to 10 MB codes. Before entering them here, I wanted to confirm that I am in the right place bc it's not asking (yet?) to whom they sb linked. Thanks so much for this information. We're hoping to have success using the SDFPs. (btw, we're going next week, my ticker is messed up!)

Go to my account in MDE and "Magic Bands and Cards" is the second option. Add it there.

Ok I have read through the first post several times and think I have a handle on it but just need to check a few things:

We are coming from Uk, not first trip so we already have magic bands and unfortunately I only saw this thread after booking a package so they are all going to be clones. I am however planning to get MNSSHP tickets and this could be my chance to have these be my key to get SDFP - right?

So, I've never set up phantoms before and I wanted to check whether if I just add them on friends and family to my MDE they won't affect my current package (I.e I won't inadvertently be adding them to my reservation?). Or would you suggest I make a new MDE with my husbands email? There seems to be some disagreement about the best way to go with this

My other questions are:

From UK should I get mnsshp tix online or by phone?

How do I get them linked to the phantoms when booking rather than them putting them on my reservation to real profiles? Or should I get them unlinked(is this even possible?)

Should I go for printed off voucher, collect will call o pay a lot to get plastic cards in post?

If I get e-ticket or will call how can I swop that for a plastic ticket? I don't want to get there and they say just to use the paper ticket or try to add it to my magic band

If I can get a plastic ticket at will call is that poss to pick up at POR resort or do I have to get from actual park?

If I pick up a plastic card there will they try and link it to my real profile/magic band? What ID do they ask for and will it flag up that it's for a different name/profile than my magic band/reservation.

What should I call the phantoms? Seems that advice may have changed from making v similar to completely different? I could do middle names and same surnames or just Disney characters? But then when they ask for ID they won't match my passport but does this matter as long as the passport and credit card for booking match?

We plan to go to mk earlier than 4 on party day with usual ticket seeing as we have 14 day consecutive day tix. So at 4pm we can get our wristbands by scanning the card ticket - will it be a problem if those names are Disney names or not real names?

I read all stuff about reassigning tix but can't see I would need to? I assume I am just keep the tix on the phantoms whole time as we will enter park on magic bands earlier?

We have memory maker onbands as part of package - during party can we use those or will they not work if party tix not on the bands? Or use party tix and will they show on my MDE because phantoms are in my friends and family?

And finally - can I use the party cards before and after party for sdfp in all parks and not just in MK because party is mk specific?

Sorry if I'm rambling - just want to get this right as party tix so expensive!

I don't have a question about SDFP or how it works. I don't know anyone who has MBs to lend me, so I don't mind buying expired tickets on eBay. However, I can't find ANY listings. What should I be searching for? Any other places than eBay?

I don't have a question about SDFP or how it works. I don't know anyone who has MBs to lend me, so I don't mind buying expired tickets on eBay. However, I can't find ANY listings. What should I be searching for? Any other places than eBay?

You could buy previously owned magic bands, eBay has lots of those.

You could buy previously owned magic bands, eBay has lots of those.
Or buy new MBs Disney Store online and link them to phantom profiles. I can't help but wonder how much $ folks are saving buying used MBs. For me, the little bit of savings on ebay wouldn't be worth the hassle of potential problems with used MBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter