SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's say that someone had two separate MDE accounts, both with old, non expiring tickets attached. If they were staying off site, they could book FP's online 30 days out, with each account. If they had done this and used both sets of FP's in say, summer of 2015 this would not have been a violation. However since the terms of use changed, it would NOW be a violation and therefore should not be encouraged. Now they could book FP's 30 days out on one set of tickets and enter the park with that set, and could use the other to get FPs at the kiosk and this would not be a terms of use violation. Am I understanding this properly?

Also, what happens if the terms of use is violated? Would that void that ticket for future use of unexpired days?

Am I understanding this properly?
Yes.

Also, what happens if the terms of use is violated? Would that void that ticket for future use of unexpired days?
No one has ever reported consequences involving the TOS. All that is known is that Disney changed the wording and because the TOS was posted in this thread by a DISer, it can no longer be discussed on DIS.

Yes.

No one has ever reported consequences involving the TOS. All that is known is that Disney changed the wording and because the TOS was posted in this thread by a DISer, it can no longer be discussed on DIS.

So we can't discuss the TOS or we can't discuss SDFP use or both? I thought their were no TOS on the kiosk?

So we can't discuss the TOS or we can't discuss SDFP use or both? I thought their were no TOS on the kiosk?
My response was specifically addressing what jonoma had inquired about in regards to the TOS. Circumventing or violating the TOS cannot be discussed.

It doesn't apply to SDFP - if it did, this thread would not exist. ;)

So, I've never set up phantoms before and I wanted to check whether if I just add them on friends and family to my MDE they won't affect my current package (I.e I won't inadvertently be adding them to my reservation?). Or would you suggest I make a new MDE with my husbands email? There seems to be some disagreement about the best way to go with this

Just different preferences based on the advantages and disadvantages of one MDE or two MDEs as specified in first post. To add a person to your reservation/package, you'd have to call Disney. You can't do that on your MDE. You can only add profiles.

How do I get them linked to the phantoms when booking rather than them putting them on my reservation to real profiles? Or should I get them unlinked(is this even possible?)

If you buy the tickets online, you'll select which profiles you want them associated with at the time of purchase.

Should I go for printed off voucher, collect will call o pay a lot to get plastic cards in post?

If I get e-ticket or will call how can I swop that for a plastic ticket? I don't want to get there and they say just to use the paper ticket or try to add it to my magic band

If I can get a plastic ticket at will call is that poss to pick up at POR resort or do I have to get from actual park?

If I pick up a plastic card there will they try and link it to my real profile/magic band? What ID do they ask for and will it flag up that it's for a different name/profile than my magic band/reservation.

You can take vouchers to a guest services window at a park, resort, or Disney Springs and ask to trade in for a card. The reason a guest might choose to ask for cards would be that the guests who will be using the tickets don't have MagicBands with which to access the party entitlements. In other words, there is nothing wrong or suspicious, etc. about you asking for cards.

Your name and ID will match the name of the purchaser on record. A guest might buy four party tickets for four friends with different surnames. It doesn't matter that his name is different, when he takes the voucher to trade it for cards. However - it might be worth paying to have the cards mailed just for the peace of mind. You won't have to think about the visit to guest services and possibly fretting about something going wrong. If you'll fret, then pay. If you can make up your mind not to fret, then wait. Personal preference.

What should I call the phantoms? Seems that advice may have changed from making v similar to completely different? I could do middle names and same surnames or just Disney characters? But then when they ask for ID they won't match my passport but does this matter as long as the passport and credit card for booking match?

Nothing has changed. This is just personal preference. A CM might make a joke or ask a question about your phantom names if they sound eccentric. This doesn't bother me. Does the possibility bother you? If so, give them boring names.

We plan to go to mk earlier than 4 on party day with usual ticket seeing as we have 14 day consecutive day tix. So at 4pm we can get our wristbands by scanning the card ticket - will it be a problem if those names are Disney names or not real names?

They're not looking at names - just confirming that the entitlement is present. But again, if the possibility of having the names remarked upon gives you the willies, stick with quotidian names.

I read all stuff about reassigning tix but can't see I would need to? I assume I am just keep the tix on the phantoms whole time as we will enter park on magic bands earlier?

No need to reassign in your case. Unless you suddenly realized you had lost the plastic cards. You could just reassign them to your real profiles and enter with your MagicBands. Not that you are likely to lose the cards.

We have memory maker onbands as part of package - during party can we use those or will they not work if party tix not on the bands? Or use party tix and will they show on my MDE because phantoms are in my friends and family?

Each person should have a band with them at all times so that you won't miss a ride photo. Memory Maker works independently of admission media, regardless of whether you have party tickets, etc.

And finally - can I use the party cards before and after party for sdfp in all parks and not just in MK because party is mk specific?

You can only prebook FP for the party day in the MK for the cards. But you can use the cards at any kiosk in any park for SDFP.

Just different preferences based on the advantages and disadvantages of one MDE or two MDEs as specified in first post. To add a person to your reservation/package, you'd have to call Disney. You can't do that on your MDE. You can only add profiles.

If you buy the tickets online, you'll select which profiles you want them associated with at the time of purchase.

You can take vouchers to a guest services window at a park, resort, or Disney Springs and ask to trade in for a card. The reason a guest might choose to ask for cards would be that the guests who will be using the tickets don't have MagicBands with which to access the party entitlements. In other words, there is nothing wrong or suspicious, etc. about you asking for cards.

Your name and ID will match the name of the purchaser on record. A guest might buy four party tickets for four friends with different surnames. It doesn't matter that his name is different, when he takes the voucher to trade it for cards. However - it might be worth paying to have the cards mailed just for the peace of mind. You won't have to think about the visit to guest services and possibly fretting about something going wrong. If you'll fret, then pay. If you can make up your mind not to fret, then wait. Personal preference.

Nothing has changed. This is just personal preference. A CM might make a joke or ask a question about your phantom names if they sound eccentric. This doesn't bother me. Does the possibility bother you? If so, give them boring names.

They're not looking at names - just confirming that the entitlement is present. But again, if the possibility of having the names remarked upon gives you the willies, stick with quotidian names.

No need to reassign in your case. Unless you suddenly realized you had lost the plastic cards. You could just reassign them to your real profiles and enter with your MagicBands. Not that you are likely to lose the cards.

Each person should have a band with them at all times so that you won't miss a ride photo. Memory Maker works independently of admission media, regardless of whether you have party tickets, etc.

You can only prebook FP for the party day in the MK for the cards. But you can use the cards at any kiosk in any park for SDFP.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my very long questions! I'm going to give it a go and hopefully it will still work come october

We successfully used two sets of old cards today at MK from 9-1:30. I only used one extra set in the Am because I was worried about scheduling, for evening we used our other unused set for 3 rides, and our 4th from the first set and 4th from our Magic band. So happy! And a nice swim break too!

Space Mountain( no FP)
Buzz Lightyear (no FP)
Tea Cups (no FP)
Haunted Mansion
Small World (no FP)
Under the Sea
Seven Dwarfs
BTMR
Splash Mountain
Pirates

Tonight from 7-9
Jungle Cruise (FP)
Barnstormer (FP)
Tomorrow land speedway(FP)
People Mover
Splash(FP)
BTMR(FP)

Quick question - what happens if you have 2 sets of phantoms but they are the same phantoms (Jim Bob in a green MB and Jim Bob in a blue MB). They are the same "person" on MDE so can you only make 1 set of SDFP with them or can you get 2 sets?

Quick question - what happens if you have 2 sets of phantoms but they are the same phantoms (Jim Bob in a green MB and Jim Bob in a blue MB). They are the same "person" on MDE so can you only make 1 set of SDFP with them or can you get 2 sets?
Only one set as one of each will be a clone.

@ScrapYap - I came back to re-read this post today for any changed since we have not been since last August. I just wanted to thank you for the helpful info, and for giving me a good laugh for the day. It is still my favorite "everything" post. And thank you for continuing to share the word that leggings are NOT pants.

Question about the kiosk near the IG in Epcot (for making SDFPs at Epcot). Can you access the IG kiosk before RD? Or are you kept entirely outside the park in the morning? Also, is the kiosk clearly visible? Thanks!

Question about the kiosk near the IG in Epcot (for making SDFPs at Epcot). Can you access the IG kiosk before RD? Or are you kept entirely outside the park in the morning? Also, is the kiosk clearly visible? Thanks!
I haven't done it at RD but the kiosk is actually inside the park and pretty easily visible right on the left as soon as you enter. So you wouldn't be able to do it before the allow you in the park. I'm not sure if there is an internal rope drop at this entrance - if so, then you could before heading to where they held you but I thought I've read people saying they were generally held outside the park. Anyone else know?

Josh from EasyWDW did an IG RD blog post the other day. In it he said previously they had been letting people in to some internal ropes but on this day they did not. So either they changed it or it's hit or miss. Neither of those bode well for pre RD access to the kiosk.

@marciemi @gumbo1009

@ScrapYap And thank you for continuing to share the word that leggings are NOT pants.

Couldn't agree more. And for the record, DD12's school (public middle school) does not think leggings are pants either. They regard leggings and yoga pants as being like tights--something you should only wear *under* an appropriate-length (fingertip-length or longer, in this school's case) skirt or tunic or dress. (All of which means that 11-to-14-year-olds at school are dressed more appropriately than their moms are at our local mall.)

Sorry that was off-topic! But thank you so much for this thread. Our 6 family members now have 6 phantoms with our middle names who have their own MDE profile and their own MBs in preparation for our first trip to WDW at the end of this week!

the kiosk is actually inside the park and pretty easily visible right on the left as soon as you enter.

etting people in to some internal ropes but on this day they did not. So either they changed it or it's hit or miss.

I will add the location to my notes (and I won't count on accessing it prior to park opening...) Thanks to you both!

Love this thread so much! Used SDFP back in August, 2015 and it was great. Didn't use them a ton, but the few times we did probably saved us 2-3 hours of waiting in line. This thread taught me everything I needed to know.
Anyway, a question! Heading down to WDW for 5 days - 04/28 - 05/02. My BF has a conference at the Swan, so we're squeezing in 2 park days prior to the start. I'm hopping for the first time so need a little hand-holding. On Friday, 04/28, we arrive MCO at 8:30 a.m. Renting a car and heading straight to AK for a few hours before hopping to MK, where I already have pre-booked FPs. I'm guessing we'll be in the park by 10am. Should we ride EE standby and then go to a kiosk and attempt SDFP, or head right to the kiosk at guest services upon park arrival? We'd like to be in MK by 3pm, so not even sure (and I know no one can predict) they'll be any SDFP available for late morning/early afternoon. We're only interested in EE, Safari, Kali, and maybe one of the trails or Dinosaur. We love AK and just want a few hours to experience it and ride a few good rides. Thank you for any help!

ETA - I have a ton of bands from different friends/family members that have travelled w/me before, so I'll still have a set to use in MK for SDFP.

Should we ride EE standby and then go to a kiosk and attempt SDFP, or head right to the kiosk at guest services upon park arrival? We'd like to be in MK by 3pm, so not even sure (and I know no one can predict) they'll be any SDFP available for late morning/early afternoon. We're only interested in EE, Safari, Kali, and maybe one of the trails or Dinosaur.

Since you're going to walk right past the kiosks on Discovery Island on your way in the park, I'd take the 2 minutes to look quickly and see what was available for SDFP, especially since you've done it before. If there's a kiosk anywhere near Everest, I'm not aware of it. So I think you'd do a lot of backtracking, plus I think the time you'd take to look for SDFP would have far less of an effect on the line at Everest at that point (this might be different if you were talking right at ropedrop vs 15 minute later). But I think the time it would take you to walk to Everest, wait in line, ride, and then get back to a kiosk would have a major effect on what availability remained, especially if you're looking for earlier in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter