SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope not speculation. When FPs opened for Pandora attractions the other day some reported being able to book both. Shortly after 7am though (like only a few minutes) that went away. Now it's only one each. Some were calling it a website glitch because FP booking opened at 6:50 am that morning. And we both know that never happens LOL. Early birds got the worms it seems.

Here's the info http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/...ass-tiers-animal-kingdom-park-hours-extended/

Nope not speculation. When FPs opened for Pandora attractions the other day some reported being able to book both. Shortly after 7am though (like only a few minutes) that went away. Now it's only one each. Some were calling it a website glitch because FP booking opened at 6:50 am that morning. And we both know that never happens LOL. Early birds got the worms it seems.
I don't know if we will even hit AK on our next trip but. 3 days pre-cruise (one ending around 4pm to meet my parents for dinner and then illuminations cruise) and then the friday post-cruise. might just be MK and Epcot. No park hoppers either. if DVC does the MK moonlight magic parties on the same days next year and we can get them then one of those fridays will be AK with the DVC party after, but not counting on it!

I have a question and I promise I read the first page and did not see this covered. We have several plastic card ticket like things from when we played at ESPN WWOS. These were not linked to our MDE account we were given them when we cashed in vouchers at the ticket window each day as our admission ticket to ESPN. We scanned them just like you do a Magic Band at the Turnstiles. Will those ticket cards work to use for SDFP? and can I Make the phantom names likely using middle names and link these to my family and friends list by using a serial number or whatever number is on the back?

I have a question and I promise I read the first page and did not see this covered. We have several plastic card ticket like things from when we played at ESPN WWOS. These were not linked to our MDE account we were given them when we cashed in vouchers at the ticket window each day as our admission ticket to ESPN. We scanned them just like you do a Magic Band at the Turnstiles. Will those ticket cards work to use for SDFP? and can I Make the phantom names likely using middle names and link these to my family and friends list by using a serial number or whatever number is on the back?

See my pics in this post from earlier in this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...set-fp-long-faq.3520747/page-58#post-57247204 The card needs to have one of the two symbols on those cards shown there (Mickey head or Mickey head in a rectangle) in order to work. I have used ones we had that were just water park (one day) tickets or just Disney Quest tickets so if yours are similar then they should work.

Editing to add that I'm not sure if you'll be able to add them to a different MDE or not (I was able to with my Wine & Dine finish line party cards but wasn't able to with my DQ one for some reason) but it's worth trying. If not, as long as they have the symbols I mentioned, they'll still work for SDFP but just not be viewable on any MDE (just take a pic of the kiosk screen after you book your SDFP). When you go through the FPP line with them (or at the kiosk) they'll just come up as something like "Card ending in 8204", which is what happens if someone just buys a basic ticket at the gate and doesn't link it to an MDE.

See my pics in this post from earlier in this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...set-fp-long-faq.3520747/page-58#post-57247204 The card needs to have one of the two symbols on those cards shown there (Mickey head or Mickey head in a rectangle) in order to work. I have used ones we had that were just water park (one day) tickets or just Disney Quest tickets so if yours are similar then they should work.

Editing to add that I'm not sure if you'll be able to add them to a different MDE or not (I was able to with my Wine & Dine finish line party cards but wasn't able to with my DQ one for some reason) but it's worth trying. If not, as long as they have the symbols I mentioned, they'll still work for SDFP but just not be viewable on any MDE (just take a pic of the kiosk screen after you book your SDFP). When you go through the FPP line with them (or at the kiosk) they'll just come up as something like "Card ending in 8204", which is what happens if someone just buys a basic ticket at the gate and doesn't link it to an MDE.

Yes I have 7 that have one symbol. And 2 that have the other they were for a water park party and have that typed on the back like your wine and dine ones do. So I suppose I have 9. Will probably just use 4 though. Thanks so much for the reply.

I have several cards with the Mickey head and a QR code on the back which should definitely work for SDFP. However, I also have one card with the Mickey head on the back, but no QR code. Wondering if it will work or not?

I'm so afraid I'm going to ask a question that has been covered and get in trouble...but here goes. :rolleyes1I have a big family and a lot of MB's attached to my account. On my upcoming trip only 2 people are going. Can I use 2 of the magic bands from people not going (but on my MDE) on the trip as SDFP?

You are now in trouble. Definitely.

THANK YOU!

Yes - they are on the same MDE.

I think the easiset thing, then, is to NOT use my daughters MB on the first day, when she is not there, (because I'm paranoid I'll accidentally mess it up)
and instead create 4 phantom IDs, one in the CL room, 3 in the standard room (all for younger kids, as you suggest) and use these bands to get our SDFP. (I want 4, because althought there are only 3 people on this trip, we have 5 in our family, and I want to get phantom bands for as many family members as possible - to use when we all go togther next time)

It doesn't even matter that the standard room doesn't start until day 2, right? (And, yes, I did read the OP, just want to make sure I really, truly understand because I had never heard of this marvel until yesterday.)

I'm planning on making the phantom names in our reservation first name = middle name preceeded by a Z, and last name = last name preceeded by a Z - again, so I don't accidentally get them mixed up, and to get the phantom bands in the color gray (none of our real bands are gray).
Then, I can use these phantom names, and phantom bands forever, right? (Or until the rules change....)

Does this sound like a good plan?

Remember that you can't add the phantoms online. You have to call Disney. Might be awkward spelling the phantom names that way. Better to just use your real last name. Set up the phantoms to match - with the real last name. After the bands arrive, confirm that they are linked to all guests as expected. Once you know you're set, go back into your MDE and change the phantom names to anything you like. And do use a wide Sharpie to write the names on the bands (and maybe choose one color to demark phantom bands - all phantom bands the same color). Changing a name has no impact on bands and cards affiliated with the profiles.

I have a followup question to this. If I request extra MBs for phantom people on a reservation, can I put the extra MBs on a second/phantom MDE (or do they need to be on my own MDE)?

Unfortunately, you can't put the extra MBs anywhere. If you add phantoms to a room reservation, the bands they receive will be linked to their profiles on your MDE. They'll arrive linked.

So, if I do that the way I've stated, will the MB's from the 1 night Poly stay work to make SDFP's for the rest of the trip and not interfere with the pre-planned FP's made at the normal time?

Thanks in advance for talking this out with me. Booking the trip starts on Wednesday morning, so I want to know what I'm doing.

Are you asking if the SDFP made from one MDE will interfere with prebooked FP made from another MDE? (SDFP do not have super powers.)

Or are you asking if SDFP made with from an MDE will interfere with prebooked FP made for the day of the Halloween party on that same MDE? (They wouldn't interfere - you just wouldn't be able to get any SDFP on the party day if you've prebooked for that day.)

Also, you won't need the bands from the Polynesian stay. Just use the card from the party for your SDFP - they're easier to carry.

I've read the first page several times and I'm almost sure I understand. (I should probably add that I have an advanced degree and still needed more than one read-through, but that is due to the complex nature of this operation and not the wonderfully detailed instructions). I have five people on my MDE account, and only two are going on our upcoming trip. One of the people who isn't going has a card associated with his account that is now used up. I also have a 7 day NE ticket that has never been used (and therefore not linked to anyone) and that we will also not use for admission this trip. So if I'm understanding correctly, I can use both these cards for SDFP purposes and it will have no effect on that 7 day ticket that has not been used, meaning that if we use it in the future it'll still have all the same properties it did before we touched it for SDFP.

Obviously I have no concerns about the used-up pass, but would much rather invest in a magic band and use that method if there's any chance of the unused 7 day ticket being affected by this at all. I do understand the risk that I might accidentally use the wrong ticket for park entry, but I'm fairly certain I can avoid that as I'm pretty organized--I just want to make sure there's no other risk that I missed somehow.

Thank you so much for all of this hard work and information!

Remember that you can't add the phantoms online. You have to call Disney. Might be awkward spelling the phantom names that way. Better to just use your real last name. Set up the phantoms to match - with the real last name. After the bands arrive, confirm that they are linked to all guests as expected. Once you know you're set, go back into your MDE and change the phantom names to anything you like. And do use a wide Sharpie to write the names on the bands (and maybe choose one color to demark phantom bands - all phantom bands the same color). Changing a name has no impact on bands and cards affiliated with the profiles.

Thank you!

I've read the first page several times and I'm almost sure I understand. (I should probably add that I have an advanced degree and still needed more than one read-through, but that is due to the complex nature of this operation and not the wonderfully detailed instructions). I have five people on my MDE account, and only two are going on our upcoming trip. One of the people who isn't going has a card associated with his account that is now used up. I also have a 7 day NE ticket that has never been used (and therefore not linked to anyone) and that we will also not use for admission this trip. So if I'm understanding correctly, I can use both these cards for SDFP purposes and it will have no effect on that 7 day ticket that has not been used, meaning that if we use it in the future it'll still have all the same properties it did before we touched it for SDFP.

Obviously I have no concerns about the used-up pass, but would much rather invest in a magic band and use that method if there's any chance of the unused 7 day ticket being affected by this at all. I do understand the risk that I might accidentally use the wrong ticket for park entry, but I'm fairly certain I can avoid that as I'm pretty organized--I just want to make sure there's no other risk that I missed somehow.

honestly whether this works or not i'd just get a second set of unlinked MBs and be done with it. For only 2 people it's $26+ tax and shipping unless you order it with other stuff. You will find it is well worth it when you are at the MK, which is where it works best.

The other risk is if you have a ticket that is not linked and you lose it, it's gone. I don't know if it can be recovered with a photocopy or what, but I'd be concerned about that. It is VERY easy to lose track of a ticket card that you are taking in and out several times a day to use as a fastpass. More than once I dropped the one I was using for SDFP (used up) and once someone pointed it out to me and I hadn't noticed. There is just a lot of shuffling of "stuff" when using a ticket to scan for FPs rather than a band on your wrist.

There's no reason not to link the 7 day ticket to an MDE profile. Since it's never been used, you can reassign the ticket to a different profile in the future, if you want to. Once it's linked, it won't matter if you lose the card. However, if you did lose that card, you'd want to go to guest services and tell them it was lost. They'll be able to prevent anyone else from using it for park entrance. Later you could just use a MB to access the ticket when you're ready to use it.

I have cards like that. I just use them. Of course, if you feel stressed by the idea of using the 7 day ticket for FP/SDFP then do just buy MBs. (Or list 2 phantoms on your resort reservation for the MBs.)

Apologies if already asked - I have a ton of mini-golf/ESPN RFID cards that aren't linked to my MDE account. Can I use them for SDFP? They have the Mickey head on the back. Thanks!!

Apologies if already asked - I have a ton of mini-golf/ESPN RFID cards that aren't linked to my MDE account. Can I use them for SDFP? They have the Mickey head on the back. Thanks!!
They're usable since you mention the Mickey head, but you'll need to make sure they aren't linked to a primary profile already. Check in the My Magicbands and Cards section to make sure none of the numbers are assigned to someone you already have FPP's for.

They're usable since you mention the Mickey head, but you'll need to make sure they aren't linked to a primary profile already. Check in the My Magicbands and Cards section to make sure none of the numbers are assigned to someone you already have FPP's for.

Awesome!! Thank you so much!!!

Another question (again, apologies if it has been answered). I just added 2 imaginary people to an upcoming room-only reservation to get 2 extra MB's for our trip. Do I have to make profiles for these imaginary people in my MDE in order to make SDFP? Or, since they are linked to the WDW reservation are the bands already activated? I know if I make a profile, I will be able to pull the SDFP up on my phone, but if I don't make the profiles, I take a screenshot at the kiosk? I just want to make sure I've got this all straight!! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter