Scotland Meets Thread (formerly Scotland: A Brave Adventure)

Hello my wife Diane and I (Lance) will be on the 8/31 Scotland/Brave Adventure. This is our first ABD trip and we're really looking forward to it!

Astro269

Hello my wife Diane and I (Lance) will be on the 8/31 Scotland/Brave Adventure. This is our first ABD trip and we're really looking forward to it!

Astro269
Welcome, Astro269, to the DISBoards and the ABD Forum! I've added you to the Roll Call for this trip on the first post of this thread! I *should* actually say, I've added you to the Roll call for *our* trip, because I will be on that departure with you, along with DISers Kat6783 and bamagoofy! I'm thinking of starting a Facebook group for us, so look for a Private Message from me! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

You can have a virtual trip from this link, hope it works for you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-27610252

I haven't been on one yet but the main niggle is there is no air conditioning and no windows to open!

That is very cool! Thanks for posting. It's in the 90's in Nashville and the forecasted high in Edinburgh on our day of arrival is 66, so I think we'll be okay without the A/C. :) But I can imagine that it might get a little warm and stuffy if it's crowded.

We will be heading to Edinburgh in 6 days! We are in Dublin right now and weather has been sunny since we arrived. They haven't had rain for almost two weeks now and Edinburgh looks the same. Hopefully this will continue on!!

We will be heading to Edinburgh in 6 days! We are in Dublin right now and weather has been sunny since we arrived. They haven't had rain for almost two weeks now and Edinburgh looks the same. Hopefully this will continue on!!
Fingers & toes crossed for you! I hope it's like that in August/September!!!

Sayhello

See you guys there!

I live near St Andrews and am thrilled that you guys are so excited to come to Scotland!! It's really a fabulous place at an exciting time!
Edinburgh and Glasgow both wonderful cities, Stirling Castle and the new Bannockburn centre great places to visit.
I'm biased but Fife fishing villages are lovely.

Happy to answer any more specific questions if I can x

YAY!! I am officially past the 70 day mark, so my trip will not be cancelled now! :yay: So looking forward to this trip!

Next step is getting my box... :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Sayhello,

Glad to hear we have reached the point that the trip will not be cancelled! I am getting more excited if that is possible.

Sayhello,

Glad to hear we have reached the point that the trip will not be cancelled! I am getting more excited if that is possible.
Me, too! So when are you arriving? What are you doing prior to the ABD?

I'm doing 4 days in London, then taking the train up to Edinburgh 2 days before the ABD starts. I'm doing a "Murder & Mystery" tour of Edinburgh Friday evening, the "Hairy Coo" tour on Saturday, and planning on checking out Edinburgh in the rest of the time. I'm staying at the Frasier Suites hotel right off Princes street for my pre-days ($700 a night at the Balmoral just wasn't in the budget! :eek: )

Sayhello

I'm just arriving on Saturday because I'm meeting friends on a transatlantic Princess cruise after the adventure. I've booked a tour to Stirling Castle on Sunday. I thought is would be easier to just stay at the same hotel and had it rolled into the price so I didn't think about too much:sick:. I've never spent that much on a hotel but I don't arrive to Edinburgh until 4pm that the day before after a layover in Heathrow. I usually do ok with jet lag but I didn't want to push the issue either.

I'm just arriving on Saturday because I'm meeting friends on a transatlantic Princess cruise after the adventure. I've booked a tour to Stirling Castle on Sunday. I thought is would be easier to just stay at the same hotel and had it rolled into the price so I didn't think about too much:sick:. I've never spent that much on a hotel but I don't arrive to Edinburgh until 4pm that the day before after a layover in Heathrow. I usually do ok with jet lag but I didn't want to push the issue either.
That totally makes sense to me! I'd probably do the same, given your itinerary.

So this tour of Stirling Castle... :) How long is it? Is it a group tour? If private, are you interested in sharing? Or being joined on a group tour? I don't have firm plans for Sunday, and it would be nice to meet up before the ABD starts. Totally up to you! Answer me by PM if you don't want to answer here. :thumbsup2

ETA: OK, duh! I looked back at the thread, and see that you signed up through Rabbie's.

Sayhello

The children's tours of the castle are brilliant (and free)!!
What are the children's tours of the castle, and can adults take them? :) I'm traveling solo, and definitely want to do some extra time at the Castle.

Sayhello

Say Hello...could you please add me to the meet up roster for the Scotland adventure that starts on August 17th? I switched my trip from Greece to Scotland. :cool1:

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter